Author Topic: Aurhentication Required?  (Read 267 times)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Aurhentication Required?
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »
Every time, today, I go into the "The Impossibility Argument", and only that topic, an Authentication box appears asking me to enter name and password but to something else:

"The server http://fossiel.net :80 requires a username and password. The server says: we uptaden de site. Alleen toegang voor beheer. Temporary closed."

Then has a place where I have to put my name and password.

It's not that I can't get into the topic, it's just that box appears every time I do.

-Nam
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 01:40:20 PM by Nam »
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
Re: Aurhentication Required?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:39:43 PM »
Fixed website link.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +72/-1
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 06:47:49 AM »
It's caused by an image link in a post by Azdgari (reply #640 on page 23 of that thread). Apparently the fossiel.com site was closed for maintenance some time after the post was made, and is requesting authentication for any access attempt.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 01:05:31 PM »
It's caused by an image link in a post by Azdgari (reply #640 on page 23 of that thread). Apparently the fossiel.com site was closed for maintenance some time after the post was made, and is requesting authentication for any access attempt.

Ah, perhaps he should edit that out.

-Nam

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +268/-31
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 09:13:20 AM »
Had no idea. :/  Sorry.

Bit late for me to edit it now.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »
Perhaps a mod should.

-Nam

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +72/-1
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »
The problem will likely go away on its own eventually.