Author Topic: Spiritual Truth [#2769]  (Read 784 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Spiritual Truth [#2769]
« on: October 23, 2013, 06:01:27 AM »
[MODERATOR'S NOTE: Originally submitted as two separate emails but combining here]

We have great compassion for all of you (2 Cor. 7:10), but like most people you have been deceived by the spirit of this world as confirmed in Revelation 12:9. The religions of this world are a deception and most of you believe in an image of a false god and a false Christ (Matthew 24:24). The true and living God does heal, as he did 2000 years ago and rises people from the dead as He and the Apostles did 2000 years ago [Matthew 10:8].

The problem is, the members of your organization are attached and believe in a false god that by nature is no god [Gal. 4:8]. It is your faith in the true and living God that would make an amputee whole.

For a better understanding how you have been deceived, we invite you to read all the pages and articles of our website www.aworlddeceived.ca

May we suggest that you reach out to all the members of your organization and all the amputees in the USA and throughout the world and invite them and direct them to our website that can lead them on the narrow path (Matthew 7:7) and that will bring healing to anyone that believes.

We welcome your questions.

In His Service,

[names removed]

-----------------------------------

Further to our earlier email we would like to suggest that you change the name of your website to questions@goddoeshealamputees.com  as God does not listen to unbelievers.

John 9:31. God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. Please study what it means to be a sinner and invite you to read the article ‘What is Sin? listed on our website www.aworlddeceived.ca

In His Service,

[names removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +82/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Spiritual Truth [#2769]
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:09:34 AM »
is this an ad for a book or what?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 06:45:02 AM »
And all this time we were just wrong.  How could we have not seen this?  I am so glad this OP has set us on that narrow path (I prefer a 4 lane highway but you deal with what you have).  If I heard you right you are saying amputees are healed by accepting the "truth" about God and following as you do.  NO real physical healing I guess.  Sounds like a lot of mental work living on your plane.  Probably too late for me.  I like the easy path.  God is imaginary.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +70/-8
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:04:53 AM »
The true and living God does heal, as he did 2000 years ago

I'll make it extremely simple for you, dear emailer.

Bring evidence, or GTFO.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Anfauglir

• Professor
  • Darwins +407/-4
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:05:47 AM »
It is your faith in the true and living God that would make an amputee whole......invite them and direct them to our website that can lead them on the narrow path (Matthew 7:7) and that will bring healing to anyone that believes.

Cool.  So, you can provide details of the amputees that came to you and were cured, can you?  I'll look forward to hearing about them.

Like Dante says - your words are cheap, let's see the evidence.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +174/-6
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:31:32 AM »
What kind of an arrogant prick shows up at a discussion forum and tries to lure everyone present to a different forum? Do you get paid by the click? Shameless self-promotion.

You seem to misunderstand how this works - we're already welcoming your questions. If you want to talk, we can do it here. I'll even vacuum and dust for you.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 08:48:02 AM »
 :o :o  :o
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »
Cool, so I'm now a member of an organization...?  Do I at least get a monogrammed polo shirt or a pen?  I have a complaint... Screwtape won't give me a special parking spot at the headquarters building!
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +502/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:44 AM »
I wonder if our good 'skeptic' friend wrote this.  It sounds strangely like something he might say.

We have great compassion for all of you (2 Cor. 7:10),
Ah, yes.  "Compassion".  Is it this that leads you and your ilk to declare that everyone but them is going to hell?  I mean, it'd be one thing if this hell were a real place that you could actually point to.  Like, say, a prison.  But it's just as invisible as the rest of what you believe in.

Quote from: mailbag
but like most people you have been deceived by the spirit of this world as confirmed in Revelation 12:9.
Odd how the so-called "spirit of this world" never seems to show up either, except when people like you claim that it does something.  And it's always something like, "you've been deceived by the spirit of this world".  It's never something that you can objectively prove.

The religions of this world are a deception and most of you believe in an image of a false god and a false Christ (Matthew 24:24).
Except yours, despite the fact that you can't present one whit of evidence that shows that your religion is any different than any of these other "religions of this world" that you're busy decrying.

The true and living God does heal, as he did 2000 years ago and rises people from the dead as He and the Apostles did 2000 years ago [Matthew 10:8].
Which explains why nobody's been resurrected in that time period, and why the story of Jesus is apocryphal.  Lots of claims of people seeing him, but nothing that actually stands as evidence.

The problem is, the members of your organization are attached and believe in a false god that by nature is no god [Gal. 4:8]. It is your faith in the true and living God that would make an amputee whole.
What is it about people like you which leads you to think that 'atheist' means "believers in a false god"?  Get it right, already - atheists don't believe in any god.  Oh, and I love how you dance around the subject of healing an amputee - notably, you don't say that the amputee would actually get their missing limbs back, but instead, they would be made 'whole'.

For a better understanding how you have been deceived, we invite you to read all the pages and articles of our website www.aworlddeceived.ca
What, so you can practice your own brand of deception?  Thanks but no thanks.

May we suggest that you reach out to all the members of your organization and all the amputees in the USA and throughout the world and invite them and direct them to our website that can lead them on the narrow path (Matthew 7:7) and that will bring healing to anyone that believes.
My, you're ambitious.  How's about some evidence showing that belief in your particular religion actually does heal amputees?  And by that, I mean giving them their limbs back.

We welcome your questions.
Provided, of course, that they're questions you approve of.

Further to our earlier email we would like to suggest that you change the name of your website to questions@goddoeshealamputees.com  as God does not listen to unbelievers.
If you hadn't noticed, the point of this website is to ask religious believers why God doesn't heal amputees.  Which, despite your claims to the contrary, you have provided no evidence for whatsoever.  So suggesting that it should change its name to "goddoeshealamputees" is just plain silly.

John 9:31. God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth. Please study what it means to be a sinner and invite you to read the article ‘What is Sin? listed on our website www.aworlddeceived.ca
Well, by all means, ask your god why he doesn't heal amputees. But don't just tell us, "well, he does heal amputees", especially when you can't give us anything that shows he does.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 11:03:15 AM »
I choose not to respond to the post as it is irrelevant based on them being a can of meat.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
You seem to misunderstand how this works - we're already welcoming your questions. If you want to talk, we can do it here. I'll even vacuum and dust for you.

Will you being wearing a skimpy maid's uniform?

;)

-Nam

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +174/-6
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »
^^^Only if I can figure out how to hide my demon tail beneath it. I'd hate to scare them away as soon as they arrive.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
^^^Only if I can figure out how to hide my demon tail beneath it. I'd hate to scare them away as soon as they arrive.

(picturing with tail)

:P

-Nam

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 12:39:44 PM »
Not only is the writer deluded in their belief in god, they're also deluded in their assumption that their website contains anything we've not encountered before.

Do these people seriously think we all live under rocks and have just never encountered their bible before and that simply reading the words will make us jump up, shout hallelujah and be born again?

Anyway, god(s) may not listen to unbelievers but that implies they do listen to believers. So I'll just wait for them to pony up with a believer former amputee who prayed really hard and got a limb restored. If there are three possible answers; yes, no or wait then there must be someone, somewhere for whom the answer was 'yes', right?
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 01:18:24 PM »
Just remember: If you want to know what's so great about Christianity and the Bible, it would be obvious if you would only read it.

Please overlook the fact the vast majority of them haven't read it themselves. Rather, they think that by studying John 3:16 for 20 years gives them insight to the rest of the Bible, and that it must be just as lovey-dovey as that verse. Also that makes them qualified to say that they have read the Bible as well. Anything that isn't 'lovey-dovey' is just because you don't understand it correctly.

By thier logic, you clearly haven't read the bible and need to read it via thier very own, 'Better than Perfect' way of reading it to know how to read it right.

As if.

edit: grammar
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 02:13:56 PM by Ivellios »

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +685/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 01:55:58 PM »
Just more proof that people who are wrong about everything aren't right about anything.

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 05:24:32 PM »
We have great compassion for all of you (2 Cor. 7:10), but like most people you have been deceived by the spirit of this world as confirmed in Revelation 12:9. The religions of this world are a deception and most of you believe in an image of a false god and a false Christ (Matthew 24:24). The true and living God does heal, as he did 2000 years ago and rises people from the dead as He and the Apostles did 2000 years ago [Matthew 10:8]

Dear Deceived,

Why do you think we would be impressed by your 4 bible references in the first paragraph?

Why do you think we have never read the bible?

Chronos

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +456/-14
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 07:01:01 AM »
This is too much! Here's how the site begins:
For two thousand years, scholars and theologians have interpreted the Bible to suit their own ideological perspective, while the Bible categorically states in 2 Peter 1:20 that it is not for any private interpretation.
Now that seems clear enough but then

In fact, it is just the opposite. The Word of God is a discerner of all things and is the absolute and final answer to every question (Hebr 4:14).

I wonder if Andy G. van den Berg, who is doing his best to sell his book, (so this is really spam,) has decided that God is a liar or if he is interpreting the Bible to suit his own ideological and commercial perspective?

Let's look at another paragraph:
To those that believe in the true and living God, this book will be a confirmation how deception has entered into the world, while to the unbelievers, it will be merely a stumbling block — as will be all of the Scriptures (1 Cor 1:23; 1 Peter 2:7-8).
So, there you have it. You either believe everything that is in this book, or you are damned to eternal fire.

"Where's the evidence that there is a god at all?"  I hear you ask.
"Well, it's in the Bible that God dictated. So there must be a God, right? Checkmate atheists!"

OK, unbeliever, this book also shows
what God's plan is for His everlasting Kingdom.
A plan that lasts forever is going to be a pretty long plan, but Andy G. van den Berg manages to pack it into a thin book.

Andy G. van den Berg has the magic decoding ring. Only he knows what God really meant. Andy G. van den Berg is delusional.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2013, 08:34:56 AM »
I choose not to respond to the post as it is irrelevant based on them being a can of meat.

-Nam

Why, Nam, whatever do you mean?
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.