Author Topic: You may want to change the name of your site [#2768]  (Read 795 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
You may want to change the name of your site [#2768]
« on: October 23, 2013, 05:57:16 AM »
Hey brother,

I would watch this latest episode of Sid Roth's "It's Supernatural!" Sid interviews Tommy Welchel, the last living witness of the Azusa Street Revival because one of the main things he shares is how God healed amputees and people who were missing limbs. You need to check it out.

God bless,

[name removed]

--
[name and contact information removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: You may want to change the name of your site [#2768]
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:47:35 AM »
There was a guy in Vegas who made an elephant disappear.  Was that God also?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:10:14 AM »
There was a guy in Vegas who made an elephant disappear.  Was that God also?

Introducing Goddidit, the pill that makes everything explainable, even if it already has a solution!
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 08:09:38 AM »
Sid interviews Tommy Welchel, the last living witness of the Azusa Street Revival because one of the main things he shares is how God healed amputees and people who were missing limbs.

And I watched a programme the other day where a guy talked about how another guy told him how aliens flew him to Rigel IV and made him king of the universe!  The first guy said it on the tee-vee so it done must be true!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 08:11:47 AM by Anfauglir »
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:07:52 AM »
I'd rather watch "Supernatural".

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:23 AM »
Hey brother,

I would watch this latest episode of Sid Roth's "It's Supernatural!" Sid interviews Tommy Welchel, the last living witness of the Azusa Street Revival because one of the main things he shares is how God healed amputees and people who were missing limbs. You need to check it out.

Not to demean your credibility or anything, but have you noticed how these things never ever happen when there are high definition cameras and plenty of medical evidence around?

There is a reason for that.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +125/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 05:54:36 PM »
Hey brother,

God bless,

[name removed]

--
[name and contact information removed]

Why is it always the witness to the restored body part who testifies but never the former amputee who testifies to his own healing?

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Ivellios

• Reader
  • Darwins +52/-0
  • Seek and Ye Shall Find
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »
The same reason Lazarus and the little girl never wrote anything resembling, "I died and was raised by Jesus!" Instead we must rely on those who heard about it from those whom may have or might not have been at the alleged event.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 08:05:56 PM »
The same reason Lazarus and the little girl never wrote anything resembling, "I died and was raised by Jesus!" Instead we must rely on those who heard about it from those whom may have or might not have been at the alleged event.

It wasn't necessarily something they could provide personal testimony on. They mightn't have realised they'd died apart from what ther were told later.
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +298/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:19 PM »

It wasn't necessarily something they could provide personal testimony on. They mightn't have realised they'd died apart from what ther were told later.

Sound like mumbo jumbo, or is that gumbo....mmmm...gumbo.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 06:17:21 AM »

Dying is no biggie.  Happens to me all the time.  I barely even recognise it these days.

Best bit is, if that's the case, then likewise Christ's "death" and sacrifice were no big deal either.  One moment he's on the cross, then he wakes up refreshed in the tomb - nothing happened in the interim.

That's the trouble with the Bible.  Defend one piece of ridiculousness, it screws up the apologetic for the next bit.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +515/-18
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 06:42:10 AM »
From Wiki:

Another local paper reporter in September 1906 described the happenings with the following words:

...disgraceful intermingling of the races...they cry and make howling noises all day and into the night. They run, jump, shake all over, shout to the top of their voice, spin around in circles, fall out on the sawdust blanketed floor jerking, kicking and rolling all over it. Some of them pass out and do not move for hours as though they were dead. These people appear to be mad, mentally deranged or under a spell. They claim to be filled with the spirit. They have a one eyed, illiterate, Negro as their preacher who stays on his knees much of the time with his head hidden between the wooden milk crates. He doesn't talk very much but at times he can be heard shouting, 'Repent,' and he's supposed to be running the thing... They repeatedly sing the same song, 'The Comforter Has Come.

The main point is that not only did the national newspapers take an interest in the Azusa Street Revival, the Azusa Street Revival had their own newspaper called "The Apostolic Faith".

There are no reports of God healing an amputee in any of the newspapers at all.

I suppose that if you believe in a virgin birth and rising from the dead, everything else is quite easy to believe.

Let's see what the "Revival Library" http://www.revival-library.org/pensketches/am_pentecostals/seymourazusa.html the official story of the movement, has to say about the movement
At almost precisely 5:12 a.m., local time, on April 18, 1906, an earthquake foreshock rudely awakened San Francisco Bay Area residents and it was followed by a massive earthquake about 20 to 25 seconds later, with its epicentre near San Francisco.
[...]
At the time angry men and women, predictably, blamed God. Indeed, within hours a gospel tract, was printed and widely circulated in the area, calling the tragedy a judgment and a warning from the God some were cursing.

But that earthquake could have had another cause. In Romans 8:19-21 the apostle Paul declares that ‘The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.’

[...]This marked the beginning of the beginning of the Pentecostal Church. Thousands of pastors and leaders from all over the world visited this place of divine visitation, ...

Another "End of the World" delusion, but absolutely nothing about any "miracles".
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 12:49:39 AM »
... is how God healed amputees and people who were missing limbs.
Am I the only one who finds this redundant?
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +175/-73
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 02:24:58 AM »
Probably. It isn't redundant. People have limbs amputated and can be born without limbs.
The 2010 world cup was ruined for me by that slippery bastard Paul.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 02:31:12 AM »
Good point, didn't think of that.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.