Author Topic: Pope Francis is at it again, scolding rigid christians  (Read 481 times)

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
Pope Francis is at it again, scolding rigid christians
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:22:02 AM »
October 17, 2013: If a Christian “becomes a disciple of the ideology, he has lost the faith.”
This was the theme of Pope Francis’ homily during his Thursday morning Mass at the Domus Sanctae Marthae. During his homily, the Pope warned Christians against behaving as though the “key is in [their] pocket, and the door closed.” He reiterated that without prayer, one abandons the faith and descends into ideology and moralism. “Woe to you, scholars of the law! You have taken away the key of knowledge!” (Luke 11: 52)

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013/10/17/pope_francis_at_mass_calls_for_greater_openness_/in2-738150

I think I like him, all things considered. I'm not holding out hope for some kind of sweeping change, but I like that he keeps talking about the positives that could come of a better attitude toward others.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
Re: Pope Francis is at it again, scolding rigid christians
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:00:24 PM »
I keep half-expecting him to be quietly put away/silenced due to "old age".
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »
^^^I know, I keep catching myself sort of expecting it.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 01:08:44 PM »
I thought he'd be assassinated by some Catholic nutjob by now.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »
^^^Speaking of which, anybody else wishing they could eavesdrop on Maggie's take on him? She comes to mind every time I notice something he's said.  :angel:

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +289/-32
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 06:01:08 PM »
I'm sure such comments would appear on her new forum:
http://seekingthekingdom.freeforums.net/

EDIT:  Just visited the "Catholicism" section of her forum.  That's where such a thread would most likely get made, right?  No comments on the new pope there so far.
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 06:16:24 PM »
The idea of Maggie moderating her own board..... I can't decide if it's hilarious or shudder-worthy. :-\

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 06:59:47 PM »
When the Pope starts to mess with the money machine of the hidden church, that is when things get interesting and something could happen.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 09:00:40 PM »
When the Pope starts to mess with the money machine of the hidden church, that is when things get interesting and something could happen.

If he dares to do that, or makes any positive moves towards changing his Church's stand on celibacy in the priesthood or contraception, then I'll concede there's more to him than pretty words.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-84
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 12:50:23 AM »
^^^Speaking of which, anybody else wishing they could eavesdrop on Maggie's take on him? She comes to mind every time I notice something he's said.  :angel:

Well, when he spoke nicely about atheists she stated he didn't mean what he said, basically.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-84
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 12:53:29 AM »
I'm sure such comments would appear on her new forum:
http://seekingthekingdom.freeforums.net/

EDIT:  Just visited the "Catholicism" section of her forum.  That's where such a thread would most likely get made, right?  No comments on the new pope there so far.

Proboards forum--they are about G rated as one can get.

-Nam