Author Topic: Just wanted to say thanks! [#700]  (Read 307 times)

Offline DL

Just wanted to say thanks! [#700]
« on: November 20, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »
Dear Sir or Madame,

I just wanted to write to you to say, "Thank you so much!" You have really reaffirmed my faith in Yahweh. I'm sure this wasn't your intention, but regardless, it was the outcome. I often pray that the works of the enemies of God will be turned to the glory of God unbeknownst to those that crafted them. Seeing a collection of straw man arguments against the God of the Bible helped me to remember that there is a total onslaught against Christ and His followers that is taking place in our present time and in our present location throughout the entire world.

Now that I have utterly no credibility in your eyes, I did want to point out to you, in the off chance that you or someone you know and love has cancer, that chemotherapy and resection surgery are insufficient to treat cancer. Cancer is a disease of the immune system, much like Crohn's disease or allergies, the difference being that whereas in the latter, the symptoms are caused by an overreaction of the immune system, in the former, they are caused by immunosuppression. Any immunologist that has earned his stripes in his field will be happy to confirm this for you, and since typing "cancer immunosuppressed" into Google Scholar will produce more journal articles than you could possibly care to shake a stick at, I'm opting to not waste time with citing my assertions here. Take it or leave it. Makes no difference to me, I just wanted to be able to live with myself, so I thought I'd share this with you.

What on earth does cancer have to do with anything? Well, very near the beginning of your tirade against Yahweh, you quoted the example of a Christian praying for his cancer to be cured and then having a surgery and chemotherapy performed. As I said, you have many such straw man arguments in your missives. It is a mark of very little faith if a man prays for God to cure him, but then signs up for elective surgery to have the cancer removed. If you asked a friend to feed your dog for you while you were out of town for a weekend, but then bought one of those spiffy time-release food dispensers for Fido, I reckon your friend would feel slighted that you didn't have more faith in him. How much more for God? So your example is flawed to begin with because you're taking an example of a Christian with no faith in God, and the Bible is very clear in stating that such faithless people are not helped by their prayers. Faith without actions is dead. It is an act of a dead faith to rely on medical professionals where the healing art of God has been invoked.

That inaccuracy aside, chemotherapy/radiation therapy are treatments designed to kill rapidly dividing cells in the body. The theory is that since cancer is rapidly dividing, this should nuke it. Unfortunately, bone marrow is also rapidly dividing, and bone marrow is the ultimate source of your cellular immunity. As such, when you undergo such treatments, you are robbing Peter to pay Paul. Yes, it may temporarily reduce the size and/or rate of growth of a tumor, but when your immune system is wrecked, the tumor is going to keep growing in the absence of any biological activity preventing its growth. What cancer patients need is an immune BOOSTER. Their CD8+ T-lymphocytes and NK cells should be sufficient to kill tumor cells. Indeed, in healthy individuals they are sufficient. In cancer patients, the blood has become acidic (all cancer patients have acidic body chemistry. Google Scholar mein freud), which leads to inefficient lymph circulation and slow or in active cellular immunity. This, taken with the addition of cancer cells secreting immunosuppressive cytokines, leads to a growing tumor that eventually becomes both metastatic and angiogenic, leading to starvation of the host body at the expense of the tumor, or, as is sometimes the case in lung or brain tumors, compression of the host organ to the point of failure, leading to death of the patient.

Now then. Vitamin C has been proven in numerous clinical trials to cure cancer. Not vitamin C tea like you get at the grocery store. I mean intraveinous vitamin C in doses of around 100,000mg in saline ringers. This level of vitamin C is SELECTIVELY cytotoxic to cancer cells and NOT to human cells. Check out the documentary "Food Matters" for further information on this. I think you can purloin bits and pieces of it from Google video, though of course it's better quality if you can rent or buy the DVD. There's also Gerson.org which has a 100% cure rate of cancer by use of the Gerson therapy. There is also the work of Raymond Rife, who had a 100% cure rate of cancer in the 1930's by using an electromagnetic frequency generator to selectively destroy tumors while leaving healthy tissue unphased. Interestingly, they are beginning to adopt similar strategies with nanoparticle beads selectively labeled with cell markers to bind to cancer cells. The beads are then superheated via Farraday induction, resulting in crispy style tumors with minimal thermal damage to surrounding tissue. I don't care for this too much because it causes damage to the host, albeit minimal. There are lots better ways to cure cancer than this. Of course you tell this to someone and they call you a lunatic and suggest you're doubled over talking out of your rump. Oh well. You're welcome to do with it what you'd like.

God bless you either way, though. I do hope you'll take some time to stop and think about the fact that you're mocking God with your website, and that there are consequences to that kind of action. I will certainly pray for you in my nightly devotional with my wife this evening. How about this...I'll offer you some videos that go about Christianity with a scientific objectivity you may not have encountered in Christendom yet. If you watch them and still think Christianity is all parlor tricks and such, then hey, you've got a wealth of new information to use to disprove Christianity. And if you can't disprove what the videos are saying, maybe you'll repent and seek forgiveness and become a Christian! Either way, it's win-win for you...you are either right and have new evidence to toss up on your website, or you are wrong and become saved and lead a fruitful life in the eyes of God henceforth. The videos I'd refer you to are a lecture series entitled "Total Onslaught" by a man named Walter J Veith. If you want to, you can get most of them for free on Google Video. I think one or two aren't up there because they have been pulled for copyright infringement. Try typing "Total onslaught 201B" into google video and see what you think. If you get through the first 30 minutes without having your interest piqued, then do what you've got to do. Or shut it off after 20 seconds. I don't care. I put this information out there for people and am not responsible for whether they accept it or reject it. That's the spiffy thing about true Christianity: we aren't called by God to hound you until you convert just to get us off your back. We are called only to WITNESS to people that God is real, that He sent His Son to earth to shed His blood for our sins, and that He is coming again, eminently, to gather the tares and the wheat, and to judge which is which and give them their just rewards.

Amen,    [name]

"And therefore have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather REPROVE them." Ephesians 5:11

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-0
  • Living the Dream
Re: Just wanted to say thanks! [#700]
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »
    What on earth does cancer have to do with anything? Well, very near the beginning of your tirade against Yahweh, you quoted the example of a Christian praying for his cancer to be cured and then having a surgery and chemotherapy performed. As I said, you have many such straw man arguments in your missives. It is a mark of very little faith if a man prays for God to cure him, but then signs up for elective surgery to have the cancer removed. If you asked a friend to feed your dog for you while you were out of town for a weekend, but then bought one of those spiffy time-release food dispensers for Fido, I reckon your friend would feel slighted that you didn't have more faith in him. How much more for God? So your example is flawed to begin with because you're taking an example of a Christian with no faith in God, and the Bible is very clear in stating that such faithless people are not helped by their prayers. Faith without actions is dead. It is an act of a dead faith to rely on medical professionals where the healing art of God has been invoked.

FAIL

Is it not testing God to beg for his help, then do nothing to help yourself when there are viable means to do so?  Ever hear "God helps those who help themselves?"

Reread the story of Lazarus.  Notice that the only thing Jesus actually did in the story was to say "Lazarus, come out!"  He didn't teleport to the location, he didn't use God Magic to move the stone, he didn't "untie him and let him go free," all of which shoudl have been in his power.  He told his followers to do all that they could physically do, then did what no one else could.  You are misinterpreting your book to say that you should ONLY ask God for help and do nothing to help yourself.

That inaccuracy aside, chemotherapy/radiation therapy are treatments designed  . .  There are lots better ways to cure cancer than this. Of course you tell this to someone and they call you a lunatic and suggest you're doubled over talking out of your rump. Oh well. You're welcome to do with it what you'd like.

what, excactly (and succinctly, please) is your point?

God bless you either way, though. I do hope you'll take some time to stop and think about the fact that you're mocking God with your website, and that there are consequences to that kind of action. I will certainly pray for you in my nightly devotional with my wife this evening. How about this...I'll offer you some videos that go about Christianity with a scientific objectivity you may not have encountered in Christendom yet. If you watch them and still think Christianity is all parlor tricks and such, then hey, you've got a wealth of new information to use to disprove Christianity. And if you can't disprove what the videos are saying, maybe you'll repent and seek forgiveness and become a Christian!

I, for one, would love to see 'em--and with an open a mind as I can muster.  Post please, I implore you!

"And therefore have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather REPROVE them." Ephesians 5:11

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The person who believes in me, even though he dies, will live."
John 11:25

So what does this say about those who don't believe?  Sounds like "Us against them" to me.
* Religion: institutionalized superstition, period.

"Many of my ultra-conservative Republican friends...have trouble accepting the idea God is not a Republican. " ~OldChurchGuy

"We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it."  ~ParkingPlaces

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 09:06:43 AM »
I don't care. I put this information out there for people and am not responsible for whether they accept it or reject it. That's the spiffy thing about true Christianity: we aren't called by God to hound you until you convert just to get us off your back. We are called only to WITNESS to people that God is real, that He sent His Son to earth to shed His blood for our sins, and that He is coming again, eminently, to gather the tares and the wheat, and to judge which is which and give them their just rewards.

Amen,    [name]

So I guess this means you won't be joining us?  Drive-by proselytizing.  You don't care about us.  You're only following orders.  Promiscuously spread the seed of your delusion as widely as possible, and you've done your job.

And what's with the huge text block about cancer therapies?  How is any of that relevant to the question of this website?

What are the odds that of all the amputees who have ever lived, NOT A SINGLE ONE of them prayed in faith?
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline AidsDealer

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • Open 24 Hours A Day
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »
ooo

I had no idea Cancer was a disease of the immune system, they taught us in biology that it was the uncontrolled growth of cells when their chemical growth inhibitors are a bit whacky.

you learn something new everyday i guess.

It may not the good news, but it's great news.

Stephen Colbert

Offline singlecrochet

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 02:48:35 PM »

Faith without actions is dead.

Sounds like you're totally contradicting yourself.  So, if I have faith, but don't DO anything to get help with my problem (like see a doctor, etc) then my faith is dead.  Yet, on the other hand you say the person who prays and then seeks medical help has no faith.

Which is it?  You see a problem with your argument?
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
Thomas Paine

"P.S. I pray God sees to it that you get presents this year." - Deelvrd