Author Topic: Does God love Satan?  (Read 1637 times)

Online Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-11
  • Gods become obsolete all the time.
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
Re: Does God love Satan?
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
Why?

Because the only thing he can do is drag people down with him. He sure as hell isn't going to repent. So, he wants to have as many people tormented with him as he can.

You didn't answer my question. What does this satan fellow gain by doing this? Especially when god knows he's going to do it anyway? (144,000 saved ring a bell?)

he doesn't gain anything. That's the point. He's stupid. No one said Satan was the sharpest knife in the drawer. he just wants to bring people to join in his misery.

Kind of like someone who complains and complains and complains all the time to people. They want to drag them down. They don't gain anything.

God is not too bright either according to the bible.
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 10:14:36 PM »
Let's see, Yahweh kills ~1.4 million of his creation in the OT, while Satan kills 8 or 9[1].  Remind me again which is the evil one?

Hey -- I just past 1000 posts and still haven't been struck by lightning... Praise the lard!
 1. Job's family on a bet with Yahweh
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:18:01 PM by Backspace »
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Online skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
Let's see, Yahweh kills ~1.4 million of his creation in the OT, while Satan kills 8 or 9[1].  Remind me again which is the evil one?

Hey -- I just past 1000 posts and still haven't been struck by lightning... Praise the lard!

That depends what you mean by "evil."
As a starting point, remember that Hitler thought it was evil to allow the Jews to live.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-11
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »

That depends what you mean by "evil."
As a starting point, remember that Hitler thought it was evil to allow the Jews to live.

Hitler was a Christian so he is now in heaven, thanks to Jesus taking the blame for him. (If you believe your bible.)
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Online skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 10:31:59 PM »
Hitler was a Christian so he is now in heaven, thanks to Jesus taking the blame for him. (If you believe your bible.)

Hitler despised Christianity.
The swastika is an old satanic symbol. Hitler was following demons.

But you are right if he accepted Christ, he will be in Heaven. Not likely though considering he committed suicide.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
Why?

Because the only thing he can do is drag people down with him. He sure as hell isn't going to repent. So, he wants to have as many people tormented with him as he can.

You didn't answer my question. What does this satan fellow gain by doing this? Especially when god knows he's going to do it anyway? (144,000 saved ring a bell?)

he doesn't gain anything. That's the point. He's stupid. No one said Satan was the sharpest knife in the drawer. he just wants to bring people to join in his misery.

Kind of like someone who complains and complains and complains all the time to people. They want to drag them down. They don't gain anything.

God is not too bright either according to the bible.

Yeah, Genesis early on states an Angel fooled him concerning Abraham.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 11:04:04 PM »

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

"Among the earliest cultures utilizing swastika is the Vinca, a relatively homogeneous, peaceful and matrifocal Neolithic archaeological culture in Southeastern Europe, dating to the period 5500–4500 BCE"[1]

But you are right if he accepted Christ, he will be in Heaven. Not likely though considering he committed suicide.

Well, that all depends on what you choose to believe, doesn't it...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/new-documentary-claims-hitler-died-in-1965-did-not-commit-suicide-after-wwii/
 1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:11:20 PM by Backspace »
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 11:14:03 PM »

So Satan was stupid enough to talk Adam and Eve into eating the forbidden fruit and condemning mankind to eternal sin. And by outsmarting Adam and Eve, God's children, he outsmarted God.

Pretty funny stuff.
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
 Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
Aristotle

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 11:18:57 PM »

So Satan was stupid enough to talk Adam and Eve into eating the forbidden fruit and condemning mankind to eternal sin. And by outsmarting Adam and Eve, God's children, he outsmarted God.

Pretty funny stuff.

I don't know, Biblegod was pretty stupid to begin with.

;)

-Nam

Online skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 11:37:20 PM »
"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord." - Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

“…the only way of getting rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.” -Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 61

“It’s Christianity that’s the liar. It’s in perpetual conflict with itself.” -Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 61

http://conservativecolloquium.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/hitlers-war-on-christianity-quotes/

Online Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-11
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 11:41:14 PM »

We can only thank the immorality of Christianity for an opinion like that.

Online skeptic54768

• Reader
  • Darwins +43/-406
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 11:44:46 PM »

No one is beyond redemption.

I see that forgiveness is a big problem for some atheists.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 11:54:59 PM »

“…the only way of getting rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.” -Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 61

“It’s Christianity that’s the liar. It’s in perpetual conflict with itself.” -Hitler’s Table Talk, pg 61

http://conservativecolloquium.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/hitlers-war-on-christianity-quotes/

Wow! "Table Talks" which is highly controversial in that there's high speculation that Martin Borman heavily edited it to fit his viewpoint. Note that "Table Talks" came out after Hitler's death, not before. The only way to show any of the quotes are true is by sourcing them elsewhere.

Mein Kampf, written by Hitler, can be verified. And, in that, he states numerous times that he's a Christian.

Have you read Mein Kampf? I have. I briefly had it in my book collection (never read it before,didn't have a library card, before I was on the web, so I bought a copy).

-Nam

Online Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +81/-11
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2013, 01:08:40 AM »

Forgiveness is not a problem for atheists, mass murderers like Hitler are. Christians are too accustomed to mass murder by the church, and by the bible. Mass murder is easy when you imagine you do it for a god. You said you would even kill your children for your god. If you are not following a demonic religion of Satan, no one is.

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 03:52:07 AM »
it is good you are coming around to understanding Scripture now that I am here. You learned that Satan is not in Hell, nor does he run the place.
No I am not, I just googled it to get an idea of the story.
Hell was created for the devil and his demons. He does not run Hell. Hell is a place of torment for them. This is why the devil and his demons want to drag down as many people as they can with them. Satan is happy when you go against God. The more people he can fool, the better.
If Hell is torment for them why would they want to go there?

Contrary to popular belief, Satan is not a pal that you will hang out with in Hell drinking beer and listening to Motorhead. You will be tormented WITH Satan.
And who will be doing the tormenting?
Are there some sadistic guards down there keeping everyone in?
And you are saying that god created hell, an absolute lack of love there wouldn't you say?
Eternal torment for people who have ,at most, been sinful for 100 years give or take a few.
Your god is twisted

"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2013, 03:57:33 AM »
Who created Satan's arrogance?

If Satan can repent "whenever he wants to", what would happen if he did?

If Satan's attitude is the thing that is causing all evil in the world.....and Yahweh KNOWS that he will never repent.....then Yahweh is equally to blame as Satan for all the ills that he causes.  If I KNOW that someone is going to commit a crime, that there is NO way they will not commit that crime.....and if I do nothing to stop them.....then I am as guilty as they are.

Any answers for these, 54768?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2013, 10:10:20 AM »
Don't y'all love it when a Christian comes here, like skeptic, and preaches from the Bible; we say something's in the Bible, he says that it isn't, we show him it is, then get the typical non-reply/no reply in return?

One excuse the other day was: we don't know the Bible verbatim[1], which implied that "we" did. But most of every Muslim knows the Qu'ran verbatim but rarely will you find a Christian who does, unless he's a blind man after an apocalyptic war.

-Nam
 1. skeptic wasn't the one who said that

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2013, 10:53:45 AM »
You realize, based on your own figures, hell will be full of people and heaven will barely have enough to field a good sized Canada!  In size alone, heaven will be a tiny rural township with outhouses and a county sheriff on the outskirts of a megalopolis called hell!!

Not a problem for God.

You're looking at it only through the materialistic lens of the telescope. Try looking through the spiritual telescope once in a while. Blow the dust off the lens and look through it.  :)

It's not a problem for god that his "kingdom" is miniscule in comparison to the kingdom of one of his created beings?  And by miniscule, please look at the numbers you are touting!  Do you ever think of the implications of some of the "logic" you use - aside from spouting things off and thinking we're impressed?  The bible is filled with hissy-fits from Jealous[1] because he doesn't win/get his way/get all the praise/etc.

As for this materialistic/spiritual phrase you keep repeating, WTF are you talking about??  Can you please try to explain it without made up definitions, pithy sayings and t-shirt logos your learned in a bible-defense course or a Ray Comfort bananfest?  I really have no idea what you are talking about.  I was a believer for 35 years, dude (demon-free, too), and I never heard such blather. 

In my example, I tried to compare your view of heaven/hell using your figures, not materialism or spirituality... it's obvious god has failed if your view is right.  Unless, of course, his narrow gate nonsense means he didn't really want the much ballyhooed sacrifice of junior to actually have any net effect.  If YHWH is more like Charlie Sheen and just rambles on about how he's "winning" despite looking like a lunatic, then ok - I get where you are coming from.

If using modern day examples of cities is "materialistic" to you, then let's spiritualize it... hell will be filled with untold BILLIONS of worshippers, singing praises to satan[2]; while heaven has a few million gathered around the blood-soaked feet/altar of YHWH and SonTM, cupping their hands to their ears because the din from hell's revelries drowns out everything YHWH has to say... Closer?  I hope you enjoy that for all eternity.
 1. Since you don't seem to read the Bible much, that's one of the names he uses
 2. Yes, this is ridiculous, but I cannot follow your definitions anyway, since you don't bother to explain them
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:56:32 AM by neopagan »
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2013, 12:56:57 PM »

The Swastika was a satanic symbol....I think not
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2013, 01:00:53 PM »

Forgiveness is not a problem for atheists, mass murderers like Hitler are. Christians are too accustomed to mass murder by the church, and by the bible. Mass murder is easy when you imagine you do it for a god. You said you would even kill your children for your god. If you are not following a demonic religion of Satan, no one is.
I guess to Christians that slaughtered the aboriginal people to establish the good ole US of A were not " True Christians" either then eh Skeptic?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +467/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
I guess to Christians that slaughtered the aboriginal people to establish the good ole US of A were not " True Christians" either then eh Skeptic?
Ha! Those that were slaughtered had no souls. There is no harm in killing things without a soul. On the other hand, if they did turn out to be human, they worshipped false gods, and The Lord commands that these abominations be killed.

I don't see your problem.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »
Ha! Those that were slaughtered had no souls. There is no harm in killing things without a soul. On the other hand, if they did turn out to be human, they worshipped false gods, and The Lord commands that these abominations be killed.

I don't see your problem.

But but they were Mormons.

;)

-Nam

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
  • I shall smite thee, in HIS honor
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »
Hello skeptic, you still there?

*crickets chirping*
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

You keep using that word. I do not think it means

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2013, 05:36:57 PM »
He's praising his demon deity. The weekend.

-Nam

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +97/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
LOLZ to GB and Nam

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »

Ummm.  Hitler's anti-Semitism was deeply rooted in his Christianity.  From his earliest speeches:

“I say: my Christian feeling tells me that my lord and savior is a warrior. It calls my attention to the man who, lonely and surrounded by only a few supporters, recognized what they [the Jews] were, and called for a battle against them, and who, by God, was not the greatest sufferer, but the greatest warrior. . . [1]

To Mein Kampf:

“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.”

“The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will.”

The influence of Christianity is clear. 

1.  Adolf Hitler, in a speech delivered on April 12, 1922; from Charles Bracelen Flood, Hitler: The Path to Power, Boston, Mass: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1989, pp. 261-262

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2013, 11:56:53 PM »

What about Satan? Does he qualify for redemption? Or was your above statement false?

Forgiveness is not a problem for atheists. It's a problem for Christians, since in your worldview, forgiveness is dependent upon accepting the death of an innocent person as the source of forgiveness. As an atheist, I feel that being forgiven through accepting an explicitly and deliberately evil event is appalling. Christians are happy to bathe in the blood of the innocent so long as it benefits them. Vicarious redemption is disgusting and inhumane and cruel and sickening and immoral means of achieving forgiveness. If there is an all knowing, all loving all powerful creator of the universe, and his BEST and ONLY solution to the evils of humanity, and the only way to provide redemption, is through yet ANOTHER act of evil, then he is just a gigantic dick. Fortunately, it is just a fairy tale. Unfortunately, pathetic saps like yourself gobble it up, and think you are part of some great divine plan, and that you are so important because God loves you and gave you a chance to "redeem" yourself through death worship and ritual cannibalism. And then you call yourselves humble.

Here's an uncomfortable possibility. Ok, so we know, from the Bible, that God likes to fuck with people, and receive endless amounts of praise, and that he has jealousy issues and an ego problem. Suppose, just for shits and giggle, the REAL reason he sent Jesus to earth was to see how many people would in fact be fooled into worshiping the death of an innocent in order to save themselves. Now let's suppose that, when they die, Christians come before God, and he says "I am so disappointed in you. You chose to praise a terrible act of evil as a wonderful thing all for your own benefit. You are selfish and sick and demonstrative of why I had to try to wipe you people out in that whole Noah affair. Don't you assholes ever learn? This whole thing was a test. I thought that I would make it easy for you, and give you only one thing to show that you were decent people. All you had to do was NOT accept the blood of the lamb as the price for your sins, and take responsibility for your own actions, and you would be saved. You were supposed to reject the idea of an innocent's death as atonement for your sins, not grasp onto it with both hands! But you couldn't even do this simple thing! Because you were deceived into accepting evil, into bargaining with another man's life for your own, you get to spend eternity in hell. Sucks to to be you doesn't it?, By the way, Mr. Dawkins, Mr. Hitchens, Mr. Sagan, Mr. Tyson, Mr. Harris, welcome. I have so much awesome stuff to share with you. But first, I have to deal with these sheep. Anyone like roasted lamb?" and then he presses a button, and you are tipped into a pit of flames, like Dr. Evil does to Will Ferrell. If there is a God, and he has ANY sense of justice, irony, and honesty, this is surely what awaits you and your fellow Christians. Make sure to bring plenty of marshmallows.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 12:03:52 AM by kaziglu bey »
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +192/-15
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »

On the contrary, as I noted on the prior page forgiveness is a problem for your theology. The bible clearly teaches a doctrine that is contrary to your words. Those who blaspheme the holy spirit will not be forgiven. Those who reject Christ will not be forgiven (i.e. - they will be tortured in hell for eternity) and the Jesus character in the NT clearly states that only a few will be in heaven ("few there be that find it"). Of course, I don't believe any of this stuff is real (it's just fiction like the other religions of the world) but this stuff you are spouting is just your own made-up version of Christianity (cherry-picking bible verses to suite the theology you want to be real) which is what every Christian does.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:00:22 AM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline Jontom10

• Graduate
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2013, 02:33:58 PM »
Of course God loves Satan. God only hates the Gays, people who cut their hair and work on the Sabbath. So unless Satan is a bald homosexual who works on the Sabbath he'll be ok
Hasa Diga Eebowai