Author Topic: Does God love Satan?  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • The messiah of mental freedom
Does God love Satan?
« on: October 17, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
Jesus told you should love your enemies.

But Satan was created to be evil (assuming God is omniscient). And God will punish Satan for the eternity in hell.

Is it a love act to create someone doomed to suffering?
Religion: The belief that an all powerful God or gods created the entire universe so that we tiny humans can be happy. And we also make war about it.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: Does God love Satan?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:17:58 PM »
If and when Satan is sent to hell,will he be tormented for doing the work God asked him to do? or will he cease to exist? Followers all have their own version of what hell is,and how Satan will be punished.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:18:55 PM »
I thought Satan was an angel at 1st.  So he had to be good before he went bad.  But then since God knows all He had to know Satan would go bad.  Man, whoever makes this shit up needs to do a much better job of putting the pieces together.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:23:01 PM »
I thought Satan was an angel at 1st.  So he had to be good before he went bad.  But then since God knows all He had to know Satan would go bad.  Man, whoever makes this shit up needs to do a much better job of putting the pieces together.
Satan followed the orders of God,to do bad things,over a WAGER that Job would falter,,,,,,I guess it was all downhill after that
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 08:27:01 PM »
Every good adventure story needs a hero and a villain. God's the hero, Satan's the villain - they need each other as Superman needs Lex Luthor arch-nemesis and the consummate evil genius. Where would Batman be without the Joker? Would there be a story at all if Captain Ahab had worked for Greenpeace?

It is my firm belief that God and Satan sit down every day and, over a beer, they swap stories, audience figures, tips and tricks, and, of course, what God's son is doing nowadays and how Satan's handmaidens are getting on. Only this makes sense.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 08:29:58 PM »
The only way Satan could fight God in a legit fight as they claim would be Satan being another equally powerful evil God.

Doesn't really make sense that a rebelled creature keeps the Creator so busy fighting him and the Creator KNEW that beforehand.

Comparing to other mythology:
God=Odin
Jesus=Thor
Satan=Loki

Maybe this is proof that Christianity is a disguised polytheist religion?
Religion: The belief that an all powerful God or gods created the entire universe so that we tiny humans can be happy. And we also make war about it.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 08:48:31 PM »
The only way Satan could fight God in a legit fight as they claim would be Satan being another equally powerful evil God.

Doesn't really make sense that a rebelled creature keeps the Creator so busy fighting him and the Creator KNEW that beforehand.

Comparing to other mythology:
God=Odin
Jesus=Thor
Satan=Loki

Maybe this is proof that Christianity is a disguised polytheist religion?
It certainly had its origins in polytheism, or to be more precise henotheism. The attraction of one God was twofold:

1: the king at the time of the events described in Jeremiah was a fundamentalist psychopath who commanded Jeremiah to go tell everyone to worship Yahweh alone or he would kill them.

2. the gods at the time were gods of various things, weather, harvest, water, war, etc. Having one god who did everything was attractive. 40 years ago, you would have to carry a radio, a camera, a watch, a calculator, a diary, and if you wanted to make a phone call, you had to find a landline somewhere. Now you have a cell phone. So it was with Yahweh. That is how Jeremiah sold the idea. (Oh yes, and with death threats.)

There's an interesting article here: Archaeology refutes the bible. http://sparrowsandsandcastles.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/archaeology-refutes-the-bible/
by Zhou (Chew) Hong Jie. Quite long but well written and informative.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »

But Satan was created to be evil (assuming God is omniscient). And God will punish Satan for the eternity in hell.

Satan can repent whenever he wants. Nothing is stopping him except his own arrogance and pride. He doesn't want a master.

This is a question that was this hard to figure out?  No wonder you guys are atheists.......
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 09:11:02 PM »

Satan can repent whenever he wants. Nothing is stopping him except his own arrogance and pride. He doesn't want a master.

This is a question that was this hard to figure out?  No wonder you guys are atheists.......

You don't even know your scriptures.

Satan is already doomed in Revelations book.

Yahweh knows the future and created Satan just for this.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 09:22:13 PM »

You don't even know your scriptures.

Satan is already doomed in Revelations book.

That is Satan's fate if he doesn't repent. But, he won't repent because he's too arrogant.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 10:07:59 PM »

If on judgment day Satan accepts Jesus as his Lord will he be sparred hell?..... You seem to know a lot about what God and Satan think without actual evidence to back it up.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2013, 12:30:35 AM »

If on judgment day Satan accepts Jesus as his Lord will he be sparred hell?..... You seem to know a lot about what God and Satan think without actual evidence to back it up.

Yes, he will be sparred. Bible says no one is beyond redemption.

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2013, 01:22:35 AM »
Yes, he will be sparred. Bible says no one is beyond redemption.

No it doesn't.

Mark 3:29 - but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.

Matthew 12:31-32 - "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

http://carm.org/bible-difficulties/matthew-mark/can-you-be-forgiven-all-sins-or-not

Have you even read your bible?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:24:33 AM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 01:26:26 AM »

No, it's not but if you're a Christian you'll just redefine what the term "love" means in order to avoid the problem. It's intellectual dishonesty as usual - always shifting definitions, spinning, and rationalizing to avoid having to amend the belief you assumed was true in the first place.

Mr. "skepticofatheism54768s" response is nonsense b/c according to his theology God knew from the beginning what would happen and still decided to create Satan (and keep him around!). According to this same theology, God knew all of the horrific atrocities that would take place (like thousands of suffering/deceased/dying children) and still stood back and did nothing. That's called an accessory. These passages are clearly man-made, not God made.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 01:39:16 AM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »
That would be irony.  Satan repents at the end and gets into heaven but the rest of people in hell are trapped there.  I guess they will have to have an election to pick a new Satan...Satan II, the revenge of the forgotten.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, 08:26:38 AM »
That would be irony.  Satan repents at the end and gets into heaven but the rest of people in hell are trapped there.  I guess they will have to have an election to pick a new Satan...Satan II, the revenge of the forgotten.

Will the serpent get his legs back? If not WWGHAthatHedirectlycreated?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, 08:36:36 AM »
That is Satan's fate if he doesn't repent. But, he won't repent because he's too arrogant.

Who created Satan's arrogance?

If Satan can repent "whenever he wants to", what would happen if he did?

If Satan's attitude is the thing that is causing all evil in the world.....and Yahweh KNOWS that he will never repent.....then Yahweh is equally to blame as Satan for all the ills that he causes.  If I KNOW that someone is going to commit a crime, that there is NO way they will not commit that crime.....and if I do nothing to stop them.....then I am as guilty as they are.

I'll echo what Nick said, whoever makes this up needs to do a better job making it all coherent.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »

If that happened, how pissed would jeezus be??  There's your Satan 2.0 in the scenario
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »

The Bible can be so all over the place at times.
Overwhelmingly, in the OT writings (with the exception of Job and even Job's depiction of the satan doesn't paint him as an enemy of God), it is debatable as to whether or not the Devil/Satan was a individual or whether it was a term that described an accusor, opposer, or adversary that could be a person or various people.

Then in the NT the gospel writers depict the temptation of Jesus with the Devil being a ruler demanding worship in return for power. Later in the NT it is reiterated that the devil is some sort of spiritual ruler of the Earth. People of the 1st millenium B.C. sure were into deities and demigods.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +355/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »
Do you know this Satan entity personally or something?  What basis do you have for saying he's too arrogant now and for all of eternity?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »
Had to do a bit of googling for this but is this correct-
Satan is permanently here on earth roaming around until god decides otherwise.
Jesus only spent 30 odd years here before going home.
(1-0 to the bad guy)

I must admit that I thought satan's home was in hell which leads to my question-
Would hell be hell for satan?
Would god sending satan to hell simply be like a parent sending a child to their bedroom?
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2013, 07:32:49 PM »
Had to do a bit of googling for this but is this correct-
Satan is permanently here on earth roaming around until god decides otherwise.
Jesus only spent 30 odd years here before going home.
(1-0 to the bad guy)

I must admit that I thought satan's home was in hell which leads to my question-
Would hell be hell for satan?
Would god sending satan to hell simply be like a parent sending a child to their bedroom?

it is good you are coming around to understanding Scripture now that I am here. You learned that Satan is not in Hell, nor does he run the place.

Hell was created for the devil and his demons. He does not run Hell. Hell is a place of torment for them. This is why the devil and his demons want to drag down as many people as they can with them. Satan is happy when you go against God. The more people he can fool, the better.

Contrary to popular belief, Satan is not a pal that you will hang out with in Hell drinking beer and listening to Motorhead. You will be tormented WITH Satan.

This is why god does not just show up and prove Himself to us. Even Satan knows God is real and he still refuses to worship God. It wouldn't change much if God proved Himself to us. People would still curse Him.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2013, 08:38:32 PM »
Satan is happy when you go against God. The more people he can fool, the better.

Why?
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2013, 08:39:57 PM »
You realize, based on your own figures, hell will be full of people and heaven will barely have enough to field a good sized Canada!  In size alone, heaven will be a tiny rural township with outhouses and a county sheriff on the outskirts of a megalopolis called hell!! 
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2013, 08:43:32 PM »
Why?

Because the only thing he can do is drag people down with him. He sure as hell isn't going to repent. So, he wants to have as many people tormented with him as he can.

Why do heroin addicts hang out with other heroin addicts?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »
You realize, based on your own figures, hell will be full of people and heaven will barely have enough to field a good sized Canada!  In size alone, heaven will be a tiny rural township with outhouses and a county sheriff on the outskirts of a megalopolis called hell!!

Not a problem for God.

You're looking at it only through the materialistic lens of the telescope. Try looking through the spiritual telescope once in a while. Blow the dust off the lens and look through it.  :)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »
Why?

Because the only thing he can do is drag people down with him. He sure as hell isn't going to repent. So, he wants to have as many people tormented with him as he can.

You didn't answer my question. What does this satan fellow gain by doing this? Especially when god knows he's going to do it anyway? (144,000 saved ring a bell?)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +49/-418
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2013, 09:48:08 PM »
Why?

You didn't answer my question. What does this satan fellow gain by doing this? Especially when god knows he's going to do it anyway? (144,000 saved ring a bell?)

he doesn't gain anything. That's the point. He's stupid. No one said Satan was the sharpest knife in the drawer. he just wants to bring people to join in his misery.

Kind of like someone who complains and complains and complains all the time to people. They want to drag them down. They don't gain anything.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2013, 09:59:34 PM »
Oh he's stupid now as well as evil. Where in your bible does it say this?