Author Topic: Why won't God heal amputees? Because he can make you win at life without it.  (Read 12677 times)

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
Re: Why won't God heal amputees? Because he can make you win at life without it.
« Reply #203 on: December 28, 2013, 09:44:17 PM »
Why doesn't that person answer the question? Because he is condemning himself is he does.
Because I wasn't asked that question so I'm not obligated to answer it, and you're skirting the razors edge on preaching.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Do not assume I was religious in any way, I have never been religious.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
Re: Why won't God heal amputees? Because he can make you win at life without it.
« Reply #204 on: December 28, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »
What, is everyone else who hasn't posted an answer yet condemning themselves if they don't answer your question, too?

Hell, I'll answer it right now:  I have done things that violate my idea of morality before.  As a result, they felt wrong.

The problem with your question isn't what it's getting at, but again, how it's worded.  It's worded in such a way as to smuggle in assumptions if it's answered point-blank.  It's like how the question "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?" smuggles the assumption that you've beat your wife in the past.

Antidote was merely calling you on this.  He doesn't need to answer your question to do so.  Especially since you never asked him your question in the first place.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #205 on: December 28, 2013, 09:53:10 PM »
The bottom line is this.

If he says yes, I have sinned. Then he is saying I am a sinner, in need of a Redeemer.

If he says no, then he must be God, because no one else on earth can truthfully make that claim.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #206 on: December 28, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
The bottom line is this.

If he says yes, I have sinned. Then he is saying I am a sinner, in need of a Redeemer.

If he says no, then he must be God, because no one else on earth can truthfully make that claim.

You just proved my point.
According to Cpt. Obvious: Theists think they know God, Atheists require evidence.

---

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2013, 10:00:17 PM »
Religious or not, we have all sinned and fell short of the Glory of God. And that cuts like a knife my friend.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #208 on: December 28, 2013, 10:02:10 PM »
"Sin" is a blanket statement, which has been redefined many, many times by theists, it's a moving goal post.
Therefore I reject the concept of sin; by the way, how are those clothes of mixed cloths doing you? What about those shellfish?
See why I think sin is ridiculous?

---

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #209 on: December 28, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
Your own conscience bears witness that what I have said is true, whether you admit it or not!

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #210 on: December 28, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »
charlie24, please refer to this:
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,21732.0.html

You keep preaching to us.

---

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #211 on: December 28, 2013, 10:11:47 PM »
Let me ask you Parkingplaces, have you ever committed a sin?

Nope. I've done things that are wrong, but the christian definition of sin does not apply. Because it makes up so much crap to go along with whatever one does wrong that it is useless.

There is right and wrong. There is not sin. That is a purely christian concept that distorts everything it touches. It is useless.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #212 on: December 28, 2013, 10:21:55 PM »
Sin is just a word to identify wrong doing. Similar to your name that identifies who you are. It doesn't matter what word you use, it's one in the same.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #213 on: December 28, 2013, 10:23:12 PM »
Sin is just a word to identify wrong doing. Similar to your name that identifies who you are. It doesn't matter what word you use, it's one in the same.

You couldn't be more wrong, sin is a concept. If it was simply a word, we wouldn't have such a problem with it, but it's not, theists use it as a weapon against non-believers to make them feel guilty.

---

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #214 on: December 28, 2013, 10:27:06 PM »
Aren't you guys glad I'm here. It would have been another boring Sat. night if not for me.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #215 on: December 28, 2013, 10:38:42 PM »
The only guilt I feel is the wrong I have committed against the one who loves me and gave himself for me. There is nothing you could say that would cause me to have guilt. Not even calling a showdown with a makeshift politician who avoids questions.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #216 on: December 28, 2013, 10:50:26 PM »
What we are talking about is the most important conversation that any man could ever engage in. At times all of us will have to be stern. But hopefully we can each learn from one another.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »

No it isn't. It is a loaded word, used to diminish humans and blame them for the act of others. It is the equivalent of a racial epithet, a sexist rant or a nationalistic tirade. All it contributes to any conversation is a threat, and all it accomplishes is to further separate the user of the world from reality.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2013, 10:58:07 PM »
Aren't you guys glad I'm here. It would have been another boring Sat. night if not for me.

I am not that glad, although your posts are futile yet funny, they are still shit.

The only guilt I feel is the wrong I have committed against the one who loves me and gave himself for me. There is nothing you could say that would cause me to have guilt. Not even calling a showdown with a makeshift politician who avoids questions.

What? 9_6
Thats the only guilt you feel?
I get called "robot" for being stupidly non-empathetic, yet i feel plenty of guilt.

What we are talking about is the most important conversation that any man could ever engage in. At times all of us will have to be stern. But hopefully we can each learn from one another.

I think i can translate this...

"But hopefully you will convert to my obviously false religion, and i will totally ignore all of your evidence because the bible says otherwise, after-all, trust a 2000 year old book written by retarded goat herders."
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »
Retarded goat herders. Never heard that on before. Actually that's pretty funny.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2013, 11:07:59 PM »
What does your religion offer? From what I gather when I die that's it. Explain yourself.

Offline Antidote

• Graduate
  • Darwins +19/-6
  • >.>
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2013, 11:08:51 PM »
Alright, get one thing straight: Atheism is as much a religion as not collecting stamps is a hobby.

---

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2013, 11:09:33 PM »
Retarded goat herders. Never heard that on before. Actually that's pretty funny.

You see, 2000 years ago, EVERYONE was retarded (excluding outliers) , they thought leeches would cure illnesses (to an extent they do...), and the fact that they were in the middle east (hence goats) makes it likely that anyone with the power to make such a book, likely owned a lot of property, thus goats.

What does your religion offer? From what I gather when I die that's it. Explain yourself.

I am not in a religion, nor do i know of one that states that death is the end.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:12:04 PM by Angus and Alexis »
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2013, 11:13:25 PM »
Look guys, I am a mere man such as yourselves. I don't have all the answers!! You say, I want to see God in person, or an awesome display of his power and I will believe. Please allow me to show you why you or scientists will never see God until the second coming. I have no other source but the Bible itself.

So no evidence for god's existence is forthcoming.  How convenient.

(oh yes, you said that stuff about "the second coming", but that's just another way of saying "it'll never happen".)

My only purpose here is to show you why you will not see God through the physical realm as we humans know it.

That's just another way of saying there is no evidence for god's existence.

You may say if God is God he can do anything, and could have avoided all of this. No, God has given man free will to do or think as he pleases. Man ultimately will determine his own destination. God has never forced himself on anyone. That's why the just shall live by faith.

Then god will have us burn in hell forever for not following him exactly as he wants.  So much for free will.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2013, 11:14:27 PM »
But keep going. I don't understand your beliefs.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2013, 11:15:43 PM »
But keep going. I don't understand your beliefs.

The criteria for "atheist" has 0 beliefs, it does however has the disbelief in deities.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2013, 11:18:05 PM »

It isn't a religion. It doesn't meet the definition. And it doesn't have anything to offer. Other than the truth. Which is available no matter what you believe, as long as you don't fool yourself.

And yes, death is the end. It would be nice if it wasn't, but we don't have anything to say about it.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2013, 11:20:05 PM »
None of our beliefs are based on explanations of reality that are 2,000 years old, from a time when people knew little about the universe.

Other than that, we're on our own.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #228 on: December 28, 2013, 11:23:29 PM »
[Preaching removed
GB Mod]
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:09:20 AM by Graybeard »

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #229 on: December 28, 2013, 11:24:38 PM »

First off, atheism is not a religion.

Second, atheism is only the conclusion you draw when there is an utter lack of evidence for the existence of god-beings.

What if there is no evidence that Santa Claus really does fly in a sleigh and goes down the chimney?  Then you don't believe that he exists.  How is that a religion?

What if there is no evidence that the Tooth Fairy goes around exchanging teeth for quarters?  Then you don't believe that it exists.  How is that a religion?

What if there is no evidence that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?  Then you don't believe that it exists.  How is that a religion?

Same things with god-beings.  When there is no evidence for their existence, when believers comes up with excuses for the non-evidence, when we're told not to expect anything unless we believe, when the best they can offer is "gotta have faith"... then, yes, we're not going to think the idea has much credibility.  This is not an "offering", it's only the logical step you take when you're confronted with an idea that has little to no creditable backing.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #230 on: December 28, 2013, 11:32:16 PM »
But ParkingPlace, you don't have to live a life with no hope. I imagine that as being most miserable of all men. There is much more than life and then death.

*sigh*

You see, when organisms die, even humans, they DIE.
They don't go to a magical paradise, they die.
They don't meet with an omni-max being, they die.
Its simple biology, deal with it, if you refuse to research how an organism functions, its not my fault.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #231 on: December 28, 2013, 11:34:55 PM »
The user "charlie24" does not yet understand how to have an online exchange.  It is unfair of all of you to keep on as though he can keep up.  You should all probably dial it back and work on explaining how discussion works, before actually trying to discuss anything related to this forum's topics.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.