Author Topic: Why won't God heal amputees? Because he can make you win at life without it.  (Read 14275 times)

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Why won't God heal amputees? Because he can make you win at life without it.
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2013, 12:14:49 PM »
ParkingPlaces, I appreciate your input, and I respect your stand on your beliefs. If I were preaching, I would be much more direct and less sensitive to the ears of sinful man. Nevertheless, I apologize if it seemed to you I were preaching. But I make no excuses or apologies for the Word of God.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Re: Why won't God heal amputees? Because he can make you win at life without it.
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2013, 12:25:39 PM »
If I were preaching, I would be much more direct and less sensitive to the ears of sinful man.

You were quoting from the Bible to attempt to justify your unsupported assertions.

preach [pri?t?]
vb
1. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) to make known (religious truth) or give religious or moral instruction or exhortation in (sermons)

2. to advocate (a virtue, action, etc.), esp in a moralizing way

So, yes, that WAS preaching. That's part of my point when giving your words back rewritten by an Islander Shaman.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2013, 12:33:01 PM »
My friend, do not you also quote from scientific documents your beliefs in evolution?

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
If anyone, just one, feels that I am not welcome here anymore, I will promptly withdraw myself.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2013, 12:54:04 PM »
My friend, do not you also quote from scientific documents your beliefs in evolution?

We understand you believe the bible to be true, but do you know why scientific documents are different than the bible?

If anyone, just one, feels that I am not welcome here anymore, I will promptly withdraw myself.

Of course not.
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #150 on: December 27, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »
Scientific documents of evolution is man saying we are smarter than God and we don't need him.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
« Reply #151 on: December 27, 2013, 01:03:48 PM »
Scientific documents of evolution is man saying we are smarter than God and we don't need him.

That answer does not address my question, but perhaps I didn't ask it in way you would understand. Mea culpa.

Do you know why people give more credence to scientific documents than they give to the Bible?
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
« Reply #152 on: December 27, 2013, 01:11:57 PM »

The difference is, science can be demonstrated to work. When someone can't support it, it isn't accepted. The only path to acclaim is Science is to disprove some previously held theory by SHOWING YOURS WORKS BETTER.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
« Reply #153 on: December 27, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »

No, they say no such thing. You are lying. If I am incorrect, please show me said document.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #154 on: December 27, 2013, 01:16:44 PM »
Yes, I do. Because man loved the ways of the world more than he loved God. We are happy in our sin. We don't want a Creator to tell us what our purpose is, we have already decided that. Anything that goes against what we really want in life is a mere myth.
I have been on both sides of the spectrum, and the Christian life is the most wonderful life I could ever imagine. When a man goes to the Almighty God as says Lord I am a sinful man, and I want to change, that's when life begins, it's called the new birth. The Bible says it better, joy unspeakable and full of glory.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #155 on: December 27, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »
Man has always wanted his way, and doesn't really care what the creator thinks. Man, through sin has always caused his own problems, and God keeps bailing us out even though we don't believe in him.

Except amputees.  Your god never restores limbs to amputees.

God has drawn a line in the sand, just like Astreja said last night. It's my way or the highway.   Jesus said broad is way and wide is the gate that leads to destruction, and narrow is the path that leads to life, and few there be that find it.

Jesus also supposedly said that he would return while some of his disciples were still alive.  Quite frankly, a lot of his words have missed the mark.

The Bible speaks many times and in various places about a Day of Judgement. Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Sorry, but no.  I've cancelled Judgment Day and replaced it with a potluck supper.  Please bring a package of whole wheat dinner rolls.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #156 on: December 27, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »

It isn't a matter of your being unwelcome. My objection is that you make it seem like that we first we have to agree with you or you don't want to bother talking to us.

You are operating off a set of assumption that most of us here disagree with. Repeating them ad infinitum will accomplish nothing.

You've made it clear that you're a christian, and providing us with details about what you believe is fine, because no two of you are alike and before we can have semi-heated discussions, it helps to know exactly where you stand on various things. We don't want to argue the flood with you if you don't think it literally happened, for instance. Or vice versa. But for you to merely state your case and don't present specific arguments against our words, it makes it feel like you are talking at us, not with us. That bugs people here.

Edit: more horrid english

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
« Reply #157 on: December 27, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »
Yes, I do. Because man loved ways of world more than he loved UGABUGA. We happy in our sin. We don't want UGABUGA tell us what our purpose, we have already decided that. Anything that goes against what we really want in life is mere myth.
I have been on both sides of spectrum, and the Shaman of UGABUGA life is most wonderful life I could ever imagine. When man goes to Almighty UGABUGA as says Lord I am sinful man, and I want change, that when life begins, it called new birth. Ancient Scrolls says it better, joy unspeakable and full glory.

Still more preaching by the Islander Savage.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »
My dear, our Lord never said he would come back in that day. You will find that nowhere in the Bible. Jesus plainly said no one knows when he shall return, not even the angels in heaven, only the Father.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2013, 01:38:39 PM »
Yes, I do.

No, evidently you do not. As Hatter alluded to, science, and by extension scientific documents, is merely trying to better understand the universe and everything in it. It has absolutely nothing to do with gods of any kind.

The difference between scientific docs and religious texts are that the science has evidence, and anyone can test those evidences themselves. There's no faith required, at all. So, when we use science docs, it is not preaching, it is educating. It is putting forth testable, evidence based facts.

Unfortunately for some believers, science has discovered that many things once attributed to the work of gods are simply natural phenomena that require no deities to exist.

Because man loved the ways of the world more than he loved God. We are happy in our sin. We don't want a Creator to tell us what our purpose is, we have already decided that.

Who is this "We" you speak of, Kemo Sabe?

Anything that goes against what we really want in life reality is a mere myth.

FIFY. Reality doesn't care about what we "want". Reality just IS.

I have been on both sides of the spectrum,

I'm sorry, but I don't much believe you on this.

and the Christian life is the most wonderful life I could ever imagine.

Then may I suggest that your imagination is sorely limited.

When a man goes to the Almighty God as says Lord I am a sinful man, and I want to change, that's when life begins, it's called the new birth.

Well, good for you, but I got my birth right the first time.

The Bible says it better, joy unspeakable and full of glory.

Blah blah blah. Sorry for the snarky reply, but you are failing to address the points that are being brought up to you, and I find that extraordinarily frustrating and disrespectful.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2013, 01:43:29 PM »
I'm open for anything you care to discuss. What I feel I have been doing is just answering questions to the best of ability and using the inspired Word of God as my reference. But I'm open to anything you would care to discuss.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #161 on: December 27, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »
If I'm avoiding anything as you say, what is it. Ask me now, I'm sitting here waiting.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
« Reply #162 on: December 27, 2013, 01:51:44 PM »
I'm open for anything you care to discuss. What I feel I have been doing is just answering questions to the best of ability and using the inspired Word of God as my reference. But I'm open to anything you would care to discuss.

Well, you should start by learning how to use the quote function, so everyone knows to exactly what and who it is you're responding.

Did you give a response to Anfauglir yet?

. Some of us refuse to change and begin to silence our conscience by saying there is no God. So yif we can say "God is imaginary" enough times, we can kill the conscience that declares God to all mankind.
I'm a Christian. and that's my opinion.

...and that's all it is.  And because you admit you cannot prove or demonstrate your god, you give me no more reason to believe you and your holy book over any of the thousands of others there have Ben throughout history.

Why should I believe in your Yahweh, when I know that Atum created the world.

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #163 on: December 27, 2013, 02:06:19 PM »
I have to say I am terrible with computers. I'm sorry, I apologize for not using the site properly. I need to take some time and learn.

In response to the person asking why he should serve the God I speak of. The conscience bears witness of God. I don't want you to think I'm preaching so it puts me in an awkward position.

The best reason I can think of is this: if you are right about God, then none of us have anything to lose, but if I am right about God, you lose everything.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
The best reason I can think of is this: if you are right about God, then none of us have anything to lose, but if I am right about God, you lose everything.

Pascal's retarded Wager? Seriously?
What if you are wrong and Vishnu is the true supreme deity of the universe? Or Odin? Or Astreja? Or Myself?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online xyzzy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +48/-0
  • "Nothing happens"
    • xyzzy
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »
G-Roll my man, I just saw your post about Satan giving us a conscience. Satan never gives anything, he only takes. That's the difference between Satan and God. We are not ignorant of his devices, he only comes to steal, kill and destroy. Through the lust of the flesh Satan gets us in all kind of messes designed to separate us from God and then destroy us. He's doing a very good job too. The next time you see an alcoholic begging for money to buy another drink, you are looking at Satans handy work. When you see families devastated by divorce, Satan has been there, stealing the children.
Jesus told his disciples he saw Satan fall from heaven as lightning, and beware on earth for he is come for you. We have no idea how serious sin is. or neither what's at stake.

Satan, Satan, I'm over here. You missed me. I'm over 60 and I don't drink and I don't sleep around and I don't use drugs and I don't watch Fox News. I need your help!!!!

I too don't drink nor do drugs. I also provide a begging-free zone, and suffer from the self-defeating foible of only caring to have enough to support my needs and be recompensed according to my contributions. I know, tell me about it.

Where I feel I could do with some help is in topping up the fornication level - but only to a point somewhat less than I'd desire, but also with large shots of shallow and selfishness so as to overcome any residual compassion and realism.

When PP is done with Satan do you think you could send him to my place? Of course, I'd be willing to pay the premium if you were to include a bumper box of anti-STD prayers. Fully functional, of course.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool -- Richard Feynman
You are in a maze of twisty little religions, all alike -- xyzzy

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
I have to say I am terrible with computers. I'm sorry, I apologize for not using the site properly. I need to take some time and learn.

Please do, and thank you.

In response to the person asking why he should serve the God I speak of. The conscience bears witness of God.

Prove it.

That's the best reason you can think of? So, the only reason you worship your god is because of fear?

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »
Man, laugh at me if you will. But I have no idea what you are talking bout. I'm not up on the hip, street talk.

Offline lotanddaughters

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-21
  • Artist: Simon Vouet (1633)
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2013, 02:21:25 PM »
Man has always wanted his way, and doesn't really care what the creator thinks. Man, through sin has always caused his own problems, and God keeps bailing us out even though we don't believe in him.

Let me tell you a little bit about Man.

There are humans who have put large dangerous animals to sleep, so they can repair a life-threatening broken body part on the animal. These humans are well aware that if the animal had a chance, that animal would eat them. These humans are not angry at the animal because of its ignorance that prevents it from fully appreciating what they do. These humans are simply trying to spread happiness. If they could, you know they would rid the world of unhappiness. They are simply powerless to do so.

Your God supposedly isn't. Heh.

You are fooled by your ancient fairy tale into constantly putting Man down and blaming Man, allthewhile making excuses for your asshole, fuckin' fairy-tale God.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2013, 02:23:16 PM »
Man, laugh at me if you will. But I have no idea what you are talking bout. I'm not up on the hip, street talk.

Learn to quote please. I don't have any idea who you're addressing here.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2013, 02:25:29 PM »

My guess would be me. If so, charlie24, you should re-read my post. I was insulting your argument; not you. There's a difference.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2013, 02:27:03 PM »

My guess would be me.

Maybe, but I didn't see any hip street slang in anyone's posts.....  :blank:

Offline charlie24

• Student
  • Darwins +0/-8
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »
I worship my God because of love.

Prove it? Your conscience has made you aware of God. If not why do you resist him. If you knew for sure he didn't exist you wouldn't even be on this site. You would forget about that and worry about other things in life. But yet you engage in conversation of something you say you don't believe in.

Friend, I don't say this to hurt you in any way. I mean no disrespect to you in any way, I am just answering the question.

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2013, 02:34:38 PM »

I worship my God because of love.

Prove it? Your conscience has made you aware of God. If not why do you resist him. If you knew for sure he didn't exist you wouldn't even be on this site. You would forget about that and worry about other things in life. But yet you engage in conversation of something you say you don't believe in.

Friend, I don't say this to hurt you in any way. I mean no disrespect to you in any way, I am just answering the question.

Au contraire, mon frere,

I engage in conversation about a being that doesn't exist BECAUSE of the damage the delusion of god-belief causes our society. Nothing more, I assure you.

Through the lust of the flesh Satan gets us in all kind of messes designed to separate us from God and then destroy us. He's doing a very good job too.

Yeah, he must be doing a hell of a job, because I've had enough of this for today, and am leaving work now to get a start on my hedonistic, sinful weekend, which will involve copious amounts of alcohol, marijuana, and unprotected sex with a smokin' hot eastern european woman 16 years my junior.  8)

Have a nice day.