Author Topic: Christians: How Do You Know The Bible is The Word of God?  (Read 7448 times)

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Christians: How Do You Know The Bible is The Word of God?
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 08:57:27 PM »
I know this Jesus demons thing happened before cell phones started to capture everything. But were there at least Polaroids?

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 09:01:15 PM »
let's start with a few thoughts before we can proceed forward:

1) if the Bible was divinely inspired, what would it say?

I would imagine that if the Bible predicts the future with 100% accuracy, it would be evidence of divine inspiration, not just taken on faith that the bible is true.

Except the part you're missing is Confirmation Bias. Like every other religion you have come to the text with a bias (an a priori assumption that it's "the Word of God") and that bias distorts your critical thinking ability such that you are willing to ignore, rationalize, or spin any rebuttal which points out the obvious flaws, errors, contradictions, and inaccuracies. Every religion does this and it's dishonest for all of you to keep attempting it.

Btw, if the bible was "divinely inspired" (and you didn't know it) you couldn't make any assumptions about what it would say. That is your problem again. You have assumed!

2) If the greatest moral teacher (Jesus) in existence was a fairy tale, then the author was the greatest moral teacher in existence.  It would be a huge stretch to say that the greatest moral teacher in existence wasted his time writing fiction and did not mention that it was fiction when people started believing it. A great moral teacher would not be a liar and allow people to believe it.

You haven't even attempted or begun to demonstrate that the bible is true or authoritative when it comes to it's claims (let alone demonstrate that it portrays "the greatest moral teacher" - which it doesn't). The writings of Confucius pre-date the alleged 'Jesus' story (including "do unto others") and there are many other ancient writings (prior to the bible) which have great moral instruction. Have you studied any of this or are you just shooting from the hip?

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ane/ham/index.htm
http://www.egypt-tehuti.org/religion.html
http://books.google.com/books?id=ams2OPbmHMUC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

And there are more...

3) If the bible mentions scientific theories such as the big bang theory, it would be safe to assume that the author is of divine origin.

No, it is not "safe to assume" anything. That is your problem. You are being gullible when it comes to scientific questions (all b/c you started with your conclusion instead of researching/investigating first). So you started backwards - putting the cart before the horse.

This is why I believe I don't take it on faith. Most of the intelligent believers have found the evidence and can't deny it. No one told us to just "believe the Bible because I say so." That is a childish way to look at it.

I know it's childish but that is what you have done. You've believed hear-say and irrational arguments from a generation of gullible people who used bad arguments and rationalizations.

I don't know what the previous believers on this site were like, but this is the Big Leagues now. Who can handle playing in the Big Leagues?

Are you William Lane Craig, Alvin Plantinga, or J.P. Moreland? It certainly doesn't sound like it. Unlike you, those apologists don't just assume their position is true from the outset. They actually attempt to argue from evidence, not "the bible says..."

If this is the big leagues then you either need to grow up fast or hold back to the minors until you have better arguments. We actually apply rational and consistent reasoning here (generally speaking). Can you?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:06:39 PM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +105/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 09:58:14 PM »
please put the evidence provided in Bold type so everybody can see it

Are you saying that Jesus predicting the future is not enough evidence?

That's silly.
What predictions about the future are you speaking of,give examples and be specific. Nostradamus has leagues of followers who interpret his writings as prophecies,does it mean they are correct or just translated by followers who believe him to be correct?

Has Jesus accurately predicted the fall of America and the raping of it's corpse by the rich and the politicians? The rise of the "dragon" (China)?
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 01:45:49 AM »
let's start with a few thoughts before we can proceed forward:

1) if the Bible was divinely inspired, what would it say?

I would imagine that if the Bible predicts the future with 100% accuracy, it would be evidence of divine inspiration, not just taken on faith that the bible is true.

You've been asked this a number of times in at least two different threads ... kindly provide a single example of the bible predicting anything at all.
Besides, other religious texts are also claimed to have predictive capabilities, why is the bible more special than those.

2) If the greatest moral teacher (Jesus) in existence was a fairy tale, then the author was the greatest moral teacher in existence.  It would be a huge stretch to say that the greatest moral teacher in existence wasted his time writing fiction and did not mention that it was fiction when people started believing it. A great moral teacher would not be a liar and allow people to believe it.

What moral teachings did Jesus provide that the Buddha didn't beat him to by over half a millennium?
Or the Code Hammurabi ... that mentions the golden rule, for instance, almost 2 millennia before Jesus was supposed to have expounded such.
And please remember that this greatest moral teacher of yours supported slavery.

3) If the bible mentions scientific theories such as the big bang theory, it would be safe to assume that the author is of divine origin.

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, show us any scientific theory that was discovered because of the bible.
All instances of the bible containing scientific knowledge were only discovered AFTER actual scientists did the actual work. It's easy, once a thing is known, to go looking in a large book for one or two lines that sort of say the same thing. Muslims do it with the Quran. You could probably do the same with Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter.
Show me the part of the bible that explains stuff we don't already know. The cure for cancer, or AIDS, or room temperature superconductors, Faster than light travel, the hydrogen economy ... anything.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 02:04:33 AM »

I can predict earth is going to heat up, and oil reserves are going to go dry.

I am therefore an omnipotent all knowing god, bow before my might.

Also don't eat pork, why? Because i said so.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburger™
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 04:40:49 AM »

I'd like to know what 'Jesus' said, because the gospel integrates the thoughts of previous teachers, with whatever Jesus said, and I don't know what he said. His main thrust was "Love thy neighbour", but that was invented by Pharisees, maybe 80 years prior, in the Hillel School.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillel_the_Elder

He said there world was going to end in that generation. He may have been a great integrator of conventional Pharisee moral thinking, but he was not a prophet.

I don't know what the previous believers on this site were like, but this is the Big Leagues now. Who can handle playing in the Big Leagues?

I like the sentiment, but I'm tempted to say "LOL". Oops, I just did. The 'Big Leages' doesn't amount to much, because you don't have anything. If you did, I would have heard it before. Christians can't agree on anything, so there is no league.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +383/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
That's how God chose to write it.
Or that demon trying to trick you into thinking he wrote it.
It makes us THINK and use the brains he gave us. Where's the spiritual challenge if everything is spoonfed to us?
Do you happen to have any advice as to how much one should use their brains to lean on their own understanding about stuff?
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »

Specifically, what did the writers of the gospels say that Jesus predicted that was so miraculous?

Notice that my question is not merely about Jesus' making predictions, but about the miraculous nature of predictions ATTRIBUTED to him. It must be demonstrated that what was attributed to him was actually uttered by him and that those utterances were somehow miraculously prophetic. Predicting religious division is not exactly a bold prediction. Looking at the nature of Judaism that Jesus and his contemporaries were witnessing shows various religious divisions that had been in place for generations. Religion and division throughout history are usually joined at the hip.

Assuming the gospels were written prior to AD 66, the best case for Jesus making prophetic declarations can be found in Matthew 23-24 about the Jerusalem temple and the calamity that would befall the people of the Jerusalem region.

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 03:33:37 PM »

Big Bang Theory describes how God formed the universe. The old age gotten by scientists could be wrong because nobody was there to witness it. Can't playback a video of it. But the basic gist of the theory is the effects that God leftover, such as the background radiation and the expanding universe mentioned in Scripture.
If god started the big bang then he must have blown himself up doing it because he has done nothing else since!
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 04:36:00 PM »
If god started the big bang then he must have blown himself up doing it because he has done nothing else since!

Evidence?

If everything around us wouldn't be here unless it was because of God, don't you think He deserves praise?

Think of your favorite things to do. God created them.
This is why God gets upset when people use His creation to enjoy themselves while not giving praise to Him.

Imagine a kid who is given 20 dollars and he says to the person, "Only 20? Why can't you give me 25?" The child would rightfully be corrected, possibly even scolded for being greedy.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 04:38:07 PM »

Specifically, what did the writers of the gospels say that Jesus predicted that was so miraculous?

Notice that my question is not merely about Jesus' making predictions, but about the miraculous nature of predictions ATTRIBUTED to him. It must be demonstrated that what was attributed to him was actually uttered by him and that those utterances were somehow miraculously prophetic. Predicting religious division is not exactly a bold prediction. Looking at the nature of Judaism that Jesus and his contemporaries were witnessing shows various religious divisions that had been in place for generations. Religion and division throughout history are usually joined at the hip.

Assuming the gospels were written prior to AD 66, the best case for Jesus making prophetic declarations can be found in Matthew 23-24 about the Jerusalem temple and the calamity that would befall the people of the Jerusalem region.

The rebuilding of the temple. It's happening before our eyes. Pretty soon, the Anti-Christ will go into the temple and declare himself God. This is the start of the tribulation. Jews will think it's the Messiah and start worshiping the Anti-Christ. It is going to be ironic. They reject Jesus and will accept the Anti-Christ.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2013, 04:44:57 PM »

That's silly.
What predictions about the future are you speaking of,give examples and be specific. Nostradamus has leagues of followers who interpret his writings as prophecies,does it mean they are correct or just translated by followers who believe him to be correct?

Has Jesus accurately predicted the fall of America and the raping of it's corpse by the rich and the politicians? The rise of the "dragon" (China)?

It says in the last days that non-belief in God will rise to all time high levels. This is what we see today. America is basically a cesspool. it really won't be too much longer before the tribulation.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +99/-12
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »
How was Jesus the greatest moral teacher? Jesus got angry at a fig tree,killed a playmate when a child (gospel of Thomas),disrupted daily commerce and probably hundreds of other immoral things.

What evidence can't believer's deny? Can you provide examples,be specific.

Big bang means the earth is older than the Bible says?

The fig tree is a parable by Jesus referring to the destruction of Israel.

Gospel of Thomas is not an inspired document, so it's discarded.
Where did Jesus disrupt daily commerce?

Big Bang Theory describes how God formed the universe. The old age gotten by scientists could be wrong because nobody was there to witness it. Can't playback a video of it. But the basic gist of the theory is the effects that God leftover, such as the background radiation and the expanding universe mentioned in Scripture.

Where exactly is the background radiation and the expanding universe mentioned in Scripture?
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
Where exactly is the background radiation and the expanding universe mentioned in Scripture?

Right here:

Isaiah 45:12
“It is I who made the earth and created man upon it. I stretched out the heavens with My hands”

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »

Evidence?
Exactly my point..........there is NO evidence of a god input anywhere in the universe.
Science does not yet have the full picture for the big bang but that certainly does not mean that we need to fill in the blanks with "god must have done it".
We could just as easily say one of these gods did it- http://www.godchecker.com/
The level of evidence is exactly the same...........none
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +99/-12
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »

Right here:

Isaiah 45:12
“It is I who made the earth and created man upon it. I stretched out the heavens with My hands”

That does not say "expanding", it says already stretched out. Anyone can look up at the sky and see the stars stretched out from horizon to horizon.

Where is the background radiation?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:13:11 PM by Foxy Freedom »
Neither Foxy Freedom nor any associates can be reached via WWGHA. Their official antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Truth OT

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-7
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2013, 05:32:08 PM »

The rebuilding of the temple. It's happening before our eyes. Pretty soon, the Anti-Christ will go into the temple and declare himself God. This is the start of the tribulation. Jews will think it's the Messiah and start worshiping the Anti-Christ. It is going to be ironic. They reject Jesus and will accept the Anti-Christ.

There is no prophesy about a temple being rebuild in the last days that can be found in scripture my friend. There is also no end time antichrist listed in scripture demanding worship. Who have you been studying with? 1 John is the only book that mentions antichrist and when it does so antichrists are plural and those antichrists were living and walking about at the same time as the NT writers! Stop it with this last days antichrist fiction please. Didn't the writer of Revelation in chp 1, verse 9 say he and his brothers were already experiencing the tribulation way back then?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 06:42:23 PM »
There is no prophesy about a temple being rebuild in the last days that can be found in scripture my friend. There is also no end time antichrist listed in scripture demanding worship. Who have you been studying with? 1 John is the only book that mentions antichrist and when it does so antichrists are plural and those antichrists were living and walking about at the same time as the NT writers! Stop it with this last days antichrist fiction please. Didn't the writer of Revelation in chp 1, verse 9 say he and his brothers were already experiencing the tribulation way back then?

2 Thessalonians 2
 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +99/-12
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 06:52:31 PM »

That's silly.

I can predict the future better than Jesus. I predict that Christianity will die out and just be studied as a delusion of former times. I predict that computers will be self designing and self replicating within a hundred years, and far more intelligent than any human. I predict that our intelligent computers will detect signals from alien computers. I predict that the ageing process can be reversed.

Do I need any gods or demons to make these predictions?

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2013, 07:07:59 PM »

That's silly.

I can predict the future better than Jesus. I predict that Christianity will die out and just be studied as a delusion of former times. I predict that computers will be self designing and self replicating within a hundred years, and far more intelligent than any human. I predict that our intelligent computers will detect signals from alien computers. I predict that the ageing process can be reversed.

Oh ye of great faith to believe all those things!

People have been predicting the fall of Christianity since it started and yet, it just keeps on chuggin' along.

Jesus said that His words will never pass away. Although, the decline in religion has been predicted for the end times.

Israel being reborn in 1948 was the start of the last generation. When the temple is set up, it could be any second that the Anti-Christ declares himself God and all hell will break loose upon the Earth.

This is the time when non-believers will meet Jesus face to face and have a choice to follow Him, or reject Him and follow the Anti-Christ. It will be awfully tempting because the Anti-Christ will give you anything you want. The one world currency will be established by the Anti-Christ as well. You will be implanted with a microchip by the beast and use that to buy and sell goods. (That's if you choose to follow the Anti-Christ.)

If you choose to follow jesus, you get no microchip and you get ignored by the beast and will most likely face starvation. if you can bear through it, you will go to heaven when it's over.

but, it will be very tempting to follow the Anti-Christ. nobody wants to starve.

But again, this is just me explaining my viewpoint. if you don't believe this will happen, I can't force you. Just think about what I said if it does happen.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Reader
  • Darwins +99/-12
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »

That's silly.

People have been predicting the fall of Christianity since it started and yet, it just keeps on chuggin' along.

Jesus said that His words will never pass away. Although, the decline in religion has been predicted for the end times.

Here is the difference. It takes no faith to predict what I predicted. If Jesus said his words will never pass away, that is just another thing he got wrong. Christianity is almost completely dead in Northern Europe already.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »

That's silly.

Here is the difference. It takes no faith to predict what I predicted. If Jesus said his words will never pass away, that is just another thing he got wrong. Christianity is almost completely dead in Northern Europe already.

Just because some countries turn their back on jesus doesn't mean his words passed away.

Look at what is happening in Europe. The Fanatical Muslims are coming in by the boatloads. It's not pretty when nations turn their back on God.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2013, 09:07:43 PM »
Just because some countries turn their back on jesus doesn't mean his words passed away.

I kind of does, eventually if all countries lose Christianity, all the bibles in the world would be discarded.

Look at what is happening in Europe. The Fanatical Muslims are coming in by the boatloads. It's not pretty when nations turn their back on God.

Ohh hell, you offensive to muslims.
Ehh...i am too, for some reasons.
Although Islam frightens me, many claim in thirty years Australia will be taken over, Christians killed off almost every native person here, so they are no better.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
I kind of does, eventually if all countries lose Christianity, all the bibles in the world would be discarded.

No. All Bibles would have to be burned for his words to pass away.
Good luck getting people to agree with that.

Ohh hell, you offensive to muslims.
Ehh...i am too, for some reasons.
Although Islam frightens me, many claim in thirty years Australia will be taken over, Christians killed off almost every native person here, so they are no better.

Christians don't kill people.

The ones that do are being lead by demons falsely claiming to be Christians.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2013, 09:18:43 PM »
No. All Bibles would have to be burned for his words to pass away.
Good luck getting people to agree with that.

I'm fairly sure an earth of Muslims or atheists would do that.

Christians don't kill people.

The ones that do are being lead by demons falsely claiming to be Christians.

Yes, because the entire English population, and the queen were evil devil worshipers.
*facepalm*

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 09:24:04 PM »
I'm fairly sure an earth of Muslims or atheists would do that.

You would burn all Bibles if you were atheist? Why not burn texts about the greek gods?

is it because Christianity is the truth and it stings?

Yes, because the entire English population, and the queen were evil devil worshipers.
*facepalm*

They could have been. Satan and his demons are extremely busy.

What makes you think they were Christians? I'm sure you know what a Christian is supposed to be. You guys judge Christians all the time if we are not living up to the Bible. Did those Christians live up to the bible? Do Christians kill in your mind?

I see a lot of atheists calling out Christians if they are not loving. Yet, they simultaneously claim that Christians who kill are considered Christians.

this is why atheism is a very contradictory position to hold. It's one big mess.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +55/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 09:26:34 PM »
You can watch people possessed videos online. Demons are very real.

And they're fun to watch too...

There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »
You would burn all Bibles if you were atheist?

Yes, i would.
Come to think of it, i think i got a bible from school in my room, to the fireplace!

Why not burn texts about the greek gods?

They at least have use as fiction, with all the epic battles and such ;P.

is it because Christianity is the truth and it stings?

Ironically, its the opposite, i would burn it for being a fictional book with disgusting morals in it.

They could have been. Satan and his demons are extremely busy.

Are you really claiming all English people were following the devil though?...come on...

What makes you think they were Christians? I'm sure you know what a Christian is supposed to be. You guys judge Christians all the time if we are not living up to the Bible.

Here is a few quick questions, if you answer anything but "yes" you are not a real christian.
Do you hate gays?
Do you like slavery?
Would you do anything for god?
Would you say tattoos are bad?
Is contraception evil?

Did those Christians live up to the bible?

Yes actually, more than you do.

Do Christians kill in your mind?

Any kind of person kills, this question is stupid.

I see a lot of atheists calling out Christians if they are not loving.

Maybe because we enjoy everyone being loving? (Maybe excluding Nam)

Yet, they simultaneously claim that Christians who kill are considered Christians.

There are about 41 thousand kinds of Christianity, what one are you talking about?
To add, the bible commands Christians to kill for many things, including working on Sunday.

this is why atheism is a very contradictory position to hold. It's one big mess.

What is this "atheism"?
I know of atheists, we disbelieve in gods, but that is it.

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +52/-438
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 11:50:41 PM »
Here is a few quick questions, if you answer anything but "yes" you are not a real christian.
Do you hate gays?
Do you like slavery?
Would you do anything for god?
Would you say tattoos are bad?
Is contraception evil?

1) No. Hate the sin, love the sinner.
2) No. Indentured servitude is OK, which is what biblical slavery was.
3) Yes.
4) No. The soul is what's important, not the flesh.
5) Yes