Author Topic: Well, it's been too damn long  (Read 978 times)

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
Well, it's been too damn long
« on: October 13, 2013, 03:08:03 AM »
So Pat Robertson sent me off the damn deep end once again and now I'm back here.  Things that have happened since my last appearance 'round these parts (not including that one post a few months back):

-I turned 14.  And 15.
-I came out as gay.
-I hit puberty.

In that order.

I'm making another thread here because I barely remember my friends and I'm sure there are a few new kitten-toasters among us.

My new catchphrase in real life has been "hugs and love."  So hugs and love to all of you.
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
Re: Well, it's been too damn long
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 05:57:28 AM »
Ohh thats just fabulous, are you feeling super?

Umm...sorry...

Anyway, i'm one of the newbies here...

I hope to see your future posts.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 06:00:44 AM »
Welcome back. I'm bisexual myself, but I haven't outed myself except to a few close friends and my mom.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 06:04:00 AM »
Welcome back. I'm bisexual myself, but I haven't outed myself except to a few close friends and my mom.

And now everyone on the forum? ;P
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 06:09:26 AM »
And now everyone on the forum? ;P

I was only counting real-life stuff. In my second intro thread[1], I already revealed my sexuality, as well as a thread asking the users here for advice on telling my mom.
 1. For those of you who remember its title: as it turns out, I had already written another.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 06:10:30 AM »
I was only counting real-life stuff. In my second intro thread[1], I already revealed my sexuality, as well as a thread asking the users here for advice on telling my mom.
 1. For those of you who remember its title: as it turns out, I had already written another.

Ahh, i did not know of that thread...

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 06:12:24 AM »
Ahh, i did not know of that thread...

Just use Google to search for something like "Apparently I've never written one of these..."
If you can't find it, try using the forum's search feature, although it's slow as hell and will temporarily keep everyone from accessing the forum.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 06:15:45 AM »
Id rather not search an old intro thread, sorry.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 06:16:25 AM »
Id rather not search an old intro thread, sorry.

That's fine by me. I was just telling you how to find it, if you wanted to.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 06:51:37 AM »
Welcome back Benny.  I look forward to learning more about you and I hope that you find smart, interesting discussion here on the forum. 

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 10:44:11 AM »
Hey, welcome back!!!  :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
Welcome back, and kudos for the courage to come out about your sexuality. I hope you haven't taken flack from those close to you because of that.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2013, 04:13:57 PM »
Welcome back, and kudos for the courage to come out about your sexuality. I hope you haven't taken flack from those close to you because of that.

I've been doing pretty well.  The family's okay with it, school's been alright for the most part.  Joined the school GSA and I'm having a good time.  Thanks for the Darwin--it's like a rechristening of sorts.

Good to see you, OAA.  Are you still in school?  Depending on where you live, it might be a good idea to attend a GSA meeting, or equivalent.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2013, 04:18:13 PM »
Good to see you, OAA.

Same here.

Are you still in school?

College, yes.

Depending on where you live, it might be a good idea to attend a GSA meeting, or equivalent.

No clue what that is.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:53:29 PM by One Above All »
We choose our own gods.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 04:30:40 PM »
Gay Straight Alliance maybe?
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 04:54:46 PM »

I've been doing pretty well.  The family's okay with it, school's been alright for the most part.  Joined the school GSA and I'm having a good time.  Thanks for the Darwin--it's like a rechristening of sorts.

Glad to know that, after some of the sad, scary reactions to GLBT teens outing themselves I've heard about. And you're more than welcome to the Darwin; courage should be recognized.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 05:18:56 PM »
Bingo.  OAA may be able to talk to people in similar situations and get advice and support.  You know I support you, OAA.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 05:23:02 PM »
Bingo.

Still don't know what that is. Mind giving me a short explanation?

OAA may be able to talk to people in similar situations and get advice and support.

Doubtful. Bisexuals are not thought of in good ways, even by other LGBTQ members. That said, I don't need help. If I feel coming out to everyone is the right choice, I will come out. However, I do appreciate your concern.

You know I support you, OAA.

Indeed I do. Thanks.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 07:13:40 PM »
Still don't know what that is. Mind giving me a short explanation?

A GSA is basically a student-run support group for gender/sexual minorities and their allies.  It's a safe space, and most high schools and colleges in the US have them.  If yours doesn't, maybe you would want to start one.  It may help you and people like you.

Doubtful. Bisexuals are not thought of in good ways, even by other LGBTQ members. That said, I don't need help. If I feel coming out to everyone is the right choice, I will come out. However, I do appreciate your concern.

Absolutely right--bisexual erasure is a big problem.  However, you could go once or twice and see if there are cool people there.  Nothing to lose, right?

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-2
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 08:08:32 PM »
Glad to see you back, Benny.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, 01:15:43 AM »
Never mind all the sexuality stuff[1] ... the only issue here is ... Arsenal?! I mean ... ARSENAL?!!! REALLY?!!!

;)

Just kidding, Benny. I have a slight preference for West Ham, on account of being a Maiden fan, but other than that, all English teams are cool by me.

So ... Welcome!
 1. bi-curious, I believe the phrase is, in case you were wondering.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +279/-37
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 03:55:27 AM »
A GSA is basically a student-run support group for gender/sexual minorities and their allies.  It's a safe space, and most high schools and colleges in the US have them.  If yours doesn't, maybe you would want to start one.  It may help you and people like you.

I haven't felt or seen the need for such a group. People there appear to be tolerant.

Absolutely right--bisexual erasure is a big problem.

Indeed. It makes me sad that people who are discriminated against can discriminate against an even smaller minority.

<snip>
Nothing to lose, right?

Except being outed prematurely. As I said, I don't need help.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:45 AM »
Except being outed prematurely. As I said, I don't need help.

Hm.  Very true.  Well, you do what's best for you, and I'll keep sending hugs and love.

Arsenal?! I mean ... ARSENAL?!!! REALLY?!!!

Gah, I haven't watched soccer in forever.  But yes, I grew up watching Arsenal so I'm kind of stuck with them :P