Author Topic: Praise Lesus!  (Read 274 times)

Offline Strawman

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • Attempting free thought
Praise Lesus!
« on: October 13, 2013, 07:11:09 AM »
http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/10/11/praise-lesus-vatican-commemorative-medal-recalled-after-jesus-name-misspelled/
In a bid to commemorate Pope Francis’ first year as Catholic leader, the Vatican commissioned the Italian mint to create a small medallion marking the occasion.

One small problem: Jesus’ name is misspelled.

The coin features the Pope’s motto, a phrase from the Bible which he says inspired him to follow God. They read:

“Vidit ergo Jesus publicanum et quia miserando antque eligendo vidit, ait illi sequere me,” in Latin. In English, that means “Jesus, therefore, saw the tax collector, and because he saw by having mercy and by choosing, He said to him, ‘Follow me.”
Unfortunately, the coin reads:  ”Vidit ergo Lesus publicanum et quia miserando antque eligendo vidit, ait illi sequere me.”

As the Independent in the U.K. put it, “it seems the devil is indeed in the details.”...

Is this not a clear sign from god that Lesus has been misspelled all these years? The Vatican is infallible right?
If God exists at all he clearly wishes to reside exclusively in the imagination.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Praise Lesus!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:14:44 AM »
Funny.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 07:32:16 AM »
All praise "Lesus" the lesbian jesus.

She broke her hymen for your sins!
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 02:46:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Serly.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Strawman

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • Attempting free thought
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 04:18:09 AM »
The medals, produced in gold, silver and bronze by the Italian State Mint, 6 channel rc helicopter,went on sale in official Vatican stores on Oct. 8 but were withdrawn two days later after the error was noticed, the Vatican Publishing House said.
Hmm, I wonder how many were sold and if any are still out there. I feel like going on a quest for the Holy Fail!  :angel:
If God exists at all he clearly wishes to reside exclusively in the imagination.

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 09:13:39 AM »
Hmm, I wonder how many were sold and if any are still out there. I feel like going on a quest for the Holy Fail!  :angel:

Only four Lesus coins were sold before the pull, and another 6,000 were manufactured.  If they start making the coins again (with the error fixed), you bet your life the Lesus coins will be worth a ton.
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!