Author Topic: Cyclone in India  (Read 614 times)

Offline shnozzola

Cyclone in India
« on: October 12, 2013, 02:34:44 PM »

Pray for India    &)

Or the international community will send ships, rescue teams, fresh water, food, etc.......who thinks a god will intervene?

[cricket chirping]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/cyclone-phailin-millions-at-risk-as-huge-storm-hits-indias-eastern-coast-8876135.html
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 02:39:50 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
Re: Cyclone in India
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 06:02:14 PM »
That is one massive storm.  Must be some gay people over there. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +332/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 07:55:49 PM »
You mean, the cyclone isn't god?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 11:54:51 PM »
Not to sound evil, but there are far too many people in India...

That aside, I wonder how many people will "pray" for them...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
In a world where gods exist and are capable of intervening, what reason is there for hurricanes to exist in the first place?

Not to sound evil, but there are far too many people in India...

I won't call it evil, but could you be a bit more specific about what you mean by that? Because without some qualifiers, that does sound petty, dismissive and callous.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 01:40:08 AM »
Simply put, India is overpopulated.

Can you imagine how nice the place could be if there was say....25% of the population?

How much less pollution and issues would be there?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 02:40:42 AM »
Simply put, India is overpopulated.

Can you imagine how nice the place could be if there was say....25% of the population?

How much less pollution and issues would be there?

Sure, I can imagine it. I'm wondering how much thought you've actually put into it, though. How would you advise they achieve this goal of yours? The current population of India is something over 1,200,000,000, so that's over 900 million "extra" people. A lot of bodies to be disposed of, even if they obligingly line up for firing squads, march themselves over cliffs or whatever. A fair amount of pollution and issues right there, assuming the trivial obstacle of the instinct to survive could be magically be erased in nearly a billion people's minds.

Still, assuming you can do that, there are the economic / social repercussions of that many people suddenly absent from jobs like power generation and distribution, hospital staff, schools, law enforcement... a few issues there, too.

A natural disaster (or series of disasters) that killed that many people would certainly not confine itself to a single country. And India isn't that far from Australia, geographically speaking. You might think about that when you indulge in such fantasies.

Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 04:37:34 AM »
Obviously i am advising nuclear weapon usage 9_9.
*sarcasm off*

I did not say i personally want to lower their population, but i would like them to have some birth control or something.
How hard is it to use a condom?

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 06:01:16 AM »

If they're not freely available and you're below the poverty line, probably reasonably hard.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +332/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 08:41:04 AM »
Plus you have religious leaders (not just in Christianity) that state that using a condom goes against their god/s.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
Obviously i am advising nuclear weapon usage 9_9.
*sarcasm off*

I did not say i personally want to lower their population, but i would like them to have some birth control or something.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. As I said, sarcasm can be a difficult thing to convey over the internet, and I've seen some shocking lapses in what I consider basic empathy on this forum.

Birth control is, clearly, a difficult and complex problem. For instance, there's a very clear correlation in a given society between smaller families and women being better educated: http://www.prb.org/pdf/IsEducat-Contracept_Eng.pdf. In traditional Indian (indeed, most) cultures, that isn't encouraged and is quite often discouraged.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »
Sh*t, that Dugger family here in the states is putting India to shame. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!