Author Topic: Does anyone else want John Boner to spontaneously combust?  (Read 1456 times)

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Does anyone else want John Boner to spontaneously combust?
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 08:49:21 PM »
My job has me interviewing Vets, today I met one (74 y/o) and we started talking about the shutdown

Vet - Obama Care must go, it is the only way to save the government.

Me - Obama Care was approved in the House and Senate, the legislative Branch of the government, signed by the President, The Executive Branch and confirmed by the SCOTUS the Judicial Branch, that is how our government works. We should try Obama Care and fix it if need be, or if it doesn't work, get rid of it. If people don't want Obama Care they need to win the next election and have it removed

Vet - Well, Obama is ruining this country

Me - What has he done to ruin the country?

Vet - He is sending it down the drain.

Me - What exactly has he done to cause the country to go down the drain?

Vet - He has other people do his dirty work.

Me - What dirty stuff have they done?

Vet - The stuff that is ruining this country and making it go down the drain.

Me - I see, well I have to help the next Veteran now, good to meet you and take care of yourself

OUCH!

This conversation is almost exact, I can't believe the simple non understanding people possess.

I have convinced myself there are some powerful (and not so powerful people) who do not want to see this (black) President have anything positive in his legacy. They know when future generations discuss this, they will say, since he was President when it happened (the shutdown), he is responsible.

I am not very happy with Obama, but he is the President. Does anybody remember what happened to people who questioned Bush's policies?

I wouldn't piss on any burning teabagger. Now if had some lighter fluid...........
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 09:14:18 PM »
All of it revolves around the black man.  They just cannot understand how he can be in the White House and be the most powerful man on Earth.  He must be brought down with every opportunity.  By closing the gov they have taken away a lot of White House staff and they like that.

I'm really beginning to think it comes down to this kind of xenophobia. A twice-elected Obama has forced the reactionaries to realize they aren't going to win: the future will not be run by ultraconservative white males. This so terrifies them they'll throw any and everything to the winds to try and avert it.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2013, 09:15:19 PM »
Yes!  Anti-Bush folks like me were not just in opposition to a president and his policies. We were traitors who hated America and wanted terrorists to destroy the country and kill our troops.  We did not deserve to live in this great country, or at all.

Country stars who dared question Bush found that nobody would play their records on country radio. If they were politicians, they got primaried. They were never allowed to go on the pundit shows, at least in the US. People like Van Jones lost their jobs and/or got lambasted 24-7 on Fox and Limbo.

People like Al Gore found themselves lied about on blogs and then the same lies magically appeared on the mainstream news.  Carefully edited snippets of speeches, saying the opposite of what was actually said, were used to smear people like Shirley Sherrod.  Remember how Dan Rather was treated? The messenger was relentlessly attacked for the message.

That was the behavior of a dictatorship, not a democracy. :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2013, 03:53:01 PM »
Lawmakers in both parties said they were watching for the reaction to the political uncertainty by the financial markets when they reopen after the weekend.

>:( :o >:(

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20131012/US-Budget-Battle/

We in the U.S. have elected circus clowns to represent us.  No, not fair to the hard work of circus clowns.

Of course there is this:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:04:54 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 02:13:32 PM »
Lawmakers in both parties said they were watching for the reaction to the political uncertainty by the financial markets when they reopen after the weekend.

>:( :o >:(

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20131012/US-Budget-Battle/

We in the U.S. have elected circus clowns to represent us.  No, not fair to the hard work of circus clowns.

Of course there is this:

At least she realized she was stupid for having a strong opinion without accurate facts.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 12:39:46 PM »
When some liberals actually believe the lies on the other side.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 06:02:55 PM »
House republicans were singing Amazing Grace today.  Reminded me of Nero fiddling as Rome burned.  Just how stupid is this?  This has the potential to make 2008 look like a bee sting.  Do they hate the black man so much that it is better to destroy the country rather than try to win an election?

Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2013, 07:44:43 PM »
Here's John Boehner's address for the 200 - 300 million or so of we American's that ought to drop him a line:

http://www.speaker.gov/contact
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 10:22:31 AM »
Conservative Rod Dreher, whom I detest, actually wants the house to go democratic in 2014 because the gop has been so irresponsible.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/strangelove-republicans/

he’s not the only conservative that feels that way. 
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/the-pragmatic-politics-of-subtraction/

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 10:24:53 AM »
I think the Republican party needs to split into two new parties; if they don't, I don't think they'll survive. They'll go the way of the Whig.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 10:52:51 AM »
Let them go.  They are so far outdated anyhow.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 02:02:47 PM »
Wow, it looks like this mess might be over for now.  Boner is going to end up with his head up his ass but at least we are not going back into a great recession or worse.  I know they all have to put on a good face but you know Obama would love to rub it in their face and make the GOP eat dirt. And he deserves to do so.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 02:19:30 PM »
Wow, it looks like this mess might be over for now.  Boner is going to end up with his head up his ass but at least we are not going back into a great recession or worse.  I know they all have to put on a good face but you know Obama would love to rub it in their face and make the GOP eat dirt. And he deserves to do so.

It ain't over 'til it's over.

;)

I bet they'll (Repubes) do it again the next time.

-Nam

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 03:21:19 PM »
This is a hilarious, over the top, sarcastic attempt to avoid self-effacing the ego that instantly turns into an anti-intellectual masturbatory moment:

How Bad Is It? Even Ann Coulter Has Turned On Conservatives

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 03:32:37 PM »
It's funny she says that since she does the same thing.

-Nam

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +927/-6
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 04:45:02 PM »
I love the smell of fresh schadenfreude in the morning as much as anyone. Hurray for the repub losers jumping off their stinking ship as fast as they can. They are all "independents" now. We tried to warn them. But no.

But gag me, please warn us next time if you are going to show us two fat ugly turds like "Big Hands" Coulter and that slimeball O'Reilly. :P

Offline DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-8
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2013, 08:27:06 PM »

Ok, so Boehner didn't combust but apparently the stenographer did! Wow, just wow...

Video
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/17/stenographer-snaps-rants-on-house-floor/?hpt=hp_t2

Full article
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/17/stenographer-snaps-rants-on-house-floor/?hpt=hp_t2

Here's hoping (for her sake) that's not indicative of some deeper problem. At the same time, it's reminiscent of some of the denial and meltdowns by the far-right pundits following Obama's reelection.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 08:52:27 AM »
I love the smell of fresh schadenfreude in the morning as much as anyone. Hurray for the repub losers jumping off their stinking ship as fast as they can. They are all "independents" now.

They're "centrists".  charles pierce on centrists:
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/response-to-new-american-center-101613

I hate goddamn centrists.

There are three kinds of people who claim to be centrists in this country today. There are embarrassed Republicans. There are lazy people. And there are liars. There is no fourth alternative.

"Big Hands" Coulter

I think moniker is "Man Hands".  Heard she can palm a basketball.  And notice how they photoshopped out her adam's apple in the pic from Chronos.  Few things are sadder than aging drag queens.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:03:17 AM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.