Author Topic: Does anyone else want John Boner to spontaneously combust?  (Read 1539 times)

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Does anyone else want John Boner to spontaneously combust?
« on: October 09, 2013, 03:14:20 PM »
He is such a big orange pile of fail. We have about a week for him and his tea party republitards to get their a$$es in gear or we face a government default for, AFAIK, the first time in US history. >:(

All because they don't want the black man to get credit for helping uninsured people have health care. Through a program that was created by conservatives to keep us from getting evil commie euro-style low-cost universal medicaid. Like they have in every other civilized country on the planet.

If a conservative republican politician was on fire, it would be hard for me to dredge up enough compassion to piss on him to put out the flames.  :angel:
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Re: Does anyone else want John Boner to spontaneously combust?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:18:06 PM »
Yeah, as a government contractor myself, I'm understandably pretty annoyed.  But I'm trying to focus on the few upsides of having all this extra free time all of a sudden, most obviously doing schoolwork.  Much of my coursework this semester is self-guided, meaning that I can work ahead if I want to, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity.  School is going pretty well so far.

Also just got into "Breaking Bad", which I had never seen before.  I'm alternating between that and studying.  It seems to be a good system.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 03:26:47 PM »
The man is nothing but a greedy politician protecting his ass.  I would not piss on him.  Shutting down the gov (1st time ever during war time) and then seeing all the problems with that and trying to correct each ... one bill at a time is nuts.  And they passed a measure to pay everyone after this is over.  So what is the purpose?  Its nuts.  Polls are starting to give hope that the dems might be able to retake the house in 2014.  Man, would you like to see repubs scamble then?  I hope the president holds his ground.  We all might go down in flames but at least we will do it on our feet and not bowed over to the fleabaggers.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
I have a student who works part time at a bank that wants to hire more workers (remember jobs, jobs, jobs?) The hiring is on hold indefinitely because the government office that does the background check and fingerprinting is on furlough. And medical workers like the nurses and counselors at the military bases are on furlough (remember support the troops?)The unemployment office has told their own employees to apply for unemployment! Who is going to process their checks?

Why do conservatives hate America? Anyone who votes for the likes of these people is a damn fool.  :P

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 03:34:45 PM »
300 people have gotten sick from bad chicken and that department while still working has been cut back to where doing their job has been compromised.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 03:44:01 PM »
And the Koch Industries spokesjerk goes into action: http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/_Today_Stories_Teases/Letter-to-Capitol-Hill-100913.pdf

As reported by NBC: http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/09/20886586-kochs-to-congress-focus-on-spending-not-obamacare

What are the teabaggers gonna do now? If the Koch brothers (separately from their holdings) speak against this tactic, they're going to flip right the f*** out. A civil war may be closer to reality than we think.

Now that their bottom line is in danger of being impacted, they want to distance themselves from the consequences of the very thing they've been quietly setting in motion.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 04:10:43 PM »
Jag, you hit that one on the head.  When the Koch Suckers feel the $$$ pinch they back off real fast.  Their holdings would suffer a lot if the US defaulted.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »
Yeah, as a government contractor myself, I'm understandably pretty annoyed.  But I'm trying to focus on the few upsides of having all this extra free time all of a sudden, most obviously doing schoolwork.  Much of my coursework this semester is self-guided, meaning that I can work ahead if I want to, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity.  School is going pretty well so far.

Also just got into "Breaking Bad", which I had never seen before.  I'm alternating between that and studying.  It seems to be a good system.

Not raising the debt ceiling will do you wonders.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:09:32 PM »
That's what I have been telling my students-- the few who are worried because they have been paying attention. The business republicans won't let the tea party crazies take the entire country down.

Whatta bunch of hypocrites! Now they don't like spending? The conservatives didn't mind all that government spending when it was to finance tax breaks, oil subsidies, private military contracts and homeland insecurity crap. Because god, guns and gays. God, who has yet to produce a single balanced budget under a republican president.

But let some funds go to regular folks, you know, the people who actually stimulate the economy, and watch them scream about big government! Our college is state funded, but many of our low-income students rely on federal Pell Grants, WIC and VA benefits. And some vote republican.  Sigh. If I was queen of the universe it would be illegal to vote against yourself. :P

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 05:30:38 PM »
You know, I'm not as delighted with Obama as I was a few years back.  I'm actually rather pissed at him for a bunch of things.

HOWEVER, it is simply insane to even suggest that he has any responsibility for this whole fiasco.  I go INSANE when I hear people suggest that there is somehow some shared responsibility, and that both sides need to compromise for the good of the people blah blah blah. 

He won't even let Congress VOTE.  He is just shutting down the government for the sake of doing it.  It is absurd.  At first it was about the ACA.  But when he realized he didn't know enough about how government works and had no chance of stopping the implementation of the ACA, he shifted gears and started talking about fiscal reforms.  WTF?

On the other hand, I try to be patient with people who are suffering from mental illnesses, as he clearly is. So unlike nogodsforme, I would probably toss a bucket of water on him if he broke into flames a few feet away from me.  And then I would help him seek the medical treatment that he clearly needs, and make sure he was never again in a position to make decisions that would impact the lives of the people around him. 

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 05:57:41 PM »
.... make sure he was never again in a position to make decisions that would impact the lives of the people around him.

If I thought I could guarantee the outcome you propose above, I'd have to seriously consider starting him on fire myself.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »
You are nicer than me, Quesi, but we knew that already.

I am mad at Obama for the health care compromises, the lack of serious policy on the environment, the foot-dragging on immigration, the drones, Guantanamo and kissing Israel's butt. If it was 1970, Obama would be to the far right of Richard Nixon.

However, he is so much better than what passes for leadership on the other side that I would gladly campaign and vote for him again if I could. He actually knows that there are other countries besides the US, and I don't feel ashamed to be an American when he makes a speech or travels abroad.

And if he was on fire I would even piss on him. Because Bo. 8)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 06:52:17 PM »
Quesi,

The only thing I'm upset with Obama is the fact he thought and actually did many times compromise with Republicans. And they gave nothing, 0%, back in return.

But now he's standing firm; maybe too late, but good for him.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »
I've been saying since Obama was elected the first time that the biggest mistake he could make was to assume the the GOP was made up of reasonable people who understood their job. Then he proceeded to make that very mistake, repeatedly. in the end, that's my problem with his administration - he compromised with republicans based on his erroneous belief that they were actually interested in compromise.

According the Miz Bachmann, the world is ending anyway: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/08/1245335/-Rep-Michele-Bachmann-declares-that-we-are-in-the-End-Times-His-day-is-at-hand#

I wish this woman would just STFU already and go away. Her retirement from Congress cannot possibly happen soon enough - I don't watch Fox news so once she's done "representing" my state I'll never have to hear her stupidity again. Her hypocrisy infuriates me to no end.

We actually met in person once. I'm pretty sure her staff has photos of me in a file somewhere warning everyone to never allow me to ask her a question again.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 08:58:04 AM »
I'm surprised you didn't get the crazy disease she has. I hope you kept your distance. You don't want to get that stuff on you.

-Nam

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 09:34:23 AM »
Within seconds of opening my mouth to speak, her handlers were positioning themselves between her and me, and trying to drown out what I said - she didn't actually respond to me, but a few people in the crowd applauded. It was a "spontaneous" informal gathering outside a restaurant in the town I used to live in. She was on the street and a crowd just magically appeared - I heard a remark that she was nearby (less than a block away in fact), so I went to see what she had to say.

She commented on the beautiful weather then said something about gas prices being below $3 a gallon - what's not to love? I said "You haven't proposed a single piece of legislation since you've been in office - are you really going to try to take credit for the price of gas? What does that have to do with you and your job in Congress?"

I'll grant her this - the woman gives good glare. So unless her brand of crazy is glare-transmitted I'm probably safe from infection. If I ever start to talk like a teabagger I'd really appreciate it if one of you would contact a hospital though.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »
Hospital meaning nuthouse?

;)

-Nam

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »
Just load me on the Crazy Train, and drop me at the nearest mental health lock-down. I actually would rather be committed than become that person.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 01:35:19 PM »
I just read in Mother Jones that some Republican House members are now stating if Obama resigns they'll vote to raise the debt ceiling. But only if he resigns.

-Nam

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, 04:15:40 PM »
Will they promise to spontaneously combust if Obama resigns? It may be worth it. They do realize that Joe Biden would then be president, don't they? Do they think any policies would change, or is it just the black man they can't stand? &)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 04:45:07 PM »
Will they promise to spontaneously combust if Obama resigns? It may be worth it. They do realize that Joe Biden would then be president, don't they? Do they think any policies would change, or is it just the black man they can't stand? &)

The black man.

-Nam

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 05:40:57 PM »
All of it revolves around the black man.  They just cannot understand how he can be in the White House and be the most powerful man on Earth.  He must be brought down with every opportunity.  By closing the gov they have taken away a lot of White House staff and they like that.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
All of it revolves around the black man.  They just cannot understand how he can be in the White House and be the most powerful man on Earth.  He must be brought down with every opportunity.  By closing the gov they have taken away a lot of White House staff and they like that.

Well, they are not winning many hearts and minds outside the tea party.[1] I heard on NPR about how wealthy foreign tourists wanting to see famous destinations like the Grand Canyon or Smithsonian are having to change their plans. That is how much lost revenue to hotels, car rental, bus companies, airlines, souvenir shops and restaurants all over the US? What happened to jobs, jobs, jobs?

If Obama doesn't cave in to their rampant stupidity, what's next? An armed coup attempt? We are beginning to look more like a third world stereotype, and less like an industrialized democracy.
 1. Generously assuming the tea party folks have hearts and minds.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 03:52:37 PM »
Yes, we are.  3rd world education, healthcare, government.  Would not be surprised to see parts of the global community start to move towards the Yen as the major world currency to deal in.  China is building, we are cutting.  Who looks stronger to you?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
Yes, we are.  3rd world education, healthcare, government.  Would not be surprised to see parts of the global community start to move towards the Yen as the major world currency to deal in.  China is building, we are cutting.  Who looks stronger to you?

I assume you mean the Yuan. The Yen is Japanese, but people might prefer those as well. :?

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 05:26:01 PM »
So this is going around today, at least within my FB account.  Okay, so put it to vote and let "democracy" decide....

So, I think I'll post this instead.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 06:11:03 PM by DVZ3 »
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 05:46:24 PM »

Just having fun now, it's almost that time of year.  ;)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 05:53:32 PM »
Seems odd...all the gov workers will get back pay...so they are on vacation.  The ones hurting are private businesses that get their income from gov related stuff...like restaurants near bases ect.  Contractors, etc.

So it seems Obama care stuff has disappeared pretty much...the original grip.  So what is the purpose.  Have they just gone so far they don't know how to get back?

I know voters have very very short attention spans but I sure as hell hope they remember this next time.

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +42/-8
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 06:15:15 PM »
^^^ They're starting to sing a different tune.  The stock market dropped over 300 points (worst ever this year) yesterday sending a clear signal.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:25:10 PM by DVZ3 »