Author Topic: Should we invite Pat Robertson here to tell us a bit more?  (Read 946 times)

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
Should we invite Pat Robertson here to tell us a bit more?
« on: October 08, 2013, 05:25:32 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/08/pat-robertson-god-can-cause-missing-limbs-to-grow-back-but-dont-pray-for-that/

Pat Robertson babbles on a bit about why God doesn't grow limbs back - is anyone willing to 'fess up to being "Dee"? Thank you, whoever you are  :laugh:

My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Should we invite Pat Robertson here to tell us a bit more?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:29:05 PM »
At first, I was going to say "Fuck no!", but now... I would invite him, but I don't want to be directly responsible if he ends up an atheist or somehow becomes more of a fundie.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
Don't forget to lock Nam up somewhere, we don't want that asshole running him off before old Patty can tell us we're all going to burn in hell.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
Don't forget to lock Nam up somewhere, we don't want that asshole running him off before old Patty can tell us we're all going to burn in hell.

You know, on second (third?) thought, I'd like for him to be here, so that Astreja, Odin and Myself can go God on his ass. For example, I could reassure him that there's no such thing as hell. Or heaven.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 05:46:22 PM »
Nam if you could hold off until our resident deities are done with him, and the others have shredded his squirming evasions, you are welcome to give him your own special kind of attention. It would be nice if everyone else got a  chance to play with him first before he runs screaming from you.  8)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/08/pat-robertson-god-can-cause-missing-limbs-to-grow-back-but-dont-pray-for-that/

Two-bit answer of avoidance. It's always somewhere in Africa or South America that thousands of people (or even just a few hundred) witness a limb regrow, but there is never any proof. No photos, no videos, no personal testimonies of the people who have been the recipients of god's regeneration successes.

Not one.        Not ever.

But if you just believe it may happen, then you are justified in your belief. Keep Calm and Keep Prayin'

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +308/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »
Nam if you could hold off until our resident deities are done with him, and the others have shredded his squirming evasions, you are welcome to give him your own special kind of attention. It would be nice if everyone else got a  chance to play with him first before he runs screaming from you.  8)

I can do the same thing, I have in the past but these types of retards just need my type of berating.

;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:57:59 PM »
So what is his logic for not praying for that to happen?  We are suppose to pray for everything else.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 07:14:38 AM »
^^^Apparently, you re just not supposed to. Whats the matter, you weren't satisfied with his answer?  &) There were words involved - you wanted the words to address the actual question too? You sure expect a lot from a Q&A Nick...

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +355/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »
So what is his logic for not praying for that to happen?  We are suppose to pray for everything else.
Pat Robertson's logic?

BWHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 01:11:57 AM »
It would be a waste of time.  Fundies like that will simply throw stories around about already debunked 'miracles' and demand that you re-debunk them each and every time in excruciating detail that they're not willing to go into to 'prove' their validity.

Finally, if they bother staying around that long rather than just wall posting a list of 'miracles' and running off to claim victory they'll proclaim that we're all too stupid to understand the light of god and how badly they feel for us.

The truth is, true fundies don't care if they're right or not, they *feel* it and that's good enough for them.  You can't use logic and reason to appeal to an emotional and unreasonable position.  Whether Robertson is a true fundy, or just cynical enough to know not to hurt his cash cow doesn't really matter since the end result is the same.
Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 07:57:15 AM »
What I'm most curious about is the identity of "Dee", the caller who posed the question. I'm wondering if the question is connected to this site in some way. Could be a coincidence, sure, but I'm curious.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 10:42:08 AM »
^^^ How did Dee's question even make it on air?  I'd like to see what Patty had to say to the producer after that segment finished.
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +183/-7
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 10:53:17 AM »
^^^ :o I never even thought of that!

Online natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2013, 04:11:54 AM »
Pat would never come visit - WWGHA is way too beneath him. Plus, it's a well know fact that we are satan worshippers and baby eaters, and he would not like to be associated with the likes if that, no way, he's just too... godly... for that kind of shit.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Benny

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +16/-1
  • Hugs And Love
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 02:59:40 AM »
I saw the Robbie clip on my news feed the day it was posted.  I knew I had to come back to this website for at least one more rebuttal.

I would love Pat Robertson to join the forum and hang out for a bit.  It would be fun, I think.  But "fun" in the sense that your uncle calling Obama a nigger in 30 languages at Thanksgiving dinner is fun.  I would probably tell him to pray that his brain grows back.  (Hey, can we get someone to buy whywontgodhealbraindeadapologists.com?)
I'm here every now and again.
We're gonna rock down to Alexis Avenue, he makes the score go higher!