Author Topic: GodIsImaginary.com is expanding! Your help requested!  (Read 3955 times)

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: GodIsImaginary.com is expanding! Your help requested!
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »
Dude sounds like every other Christian, "I'm right, you're wrong,", "Atheism is a religion based on faith.", "Atheists hate god because of some terrible tragedy, because they have no morals or want them" etc.,etc.,

They all say the exact same thing. Nothing ever new.

So sad.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2013, 09:47:33 PM »
Damn it Nam, I think you scared him away.  Just when we almost had him on the hook.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »
maybe he is like a comet and he'll circle back in five years to tell us it takes more faith to be an atheist or we really just love satan...
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2013, 10:39:01 PM »
Damn it Nam, I think you scared him away.  Just when we almost had him on the hook.

I may have had my part but I think lack of intelligent stimuli scared him away a long time ago.

-Nam

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »

Don't worry, there's plenty of other credulous fools just dying to tell us how wrong we are for actually daring to question the existence of something that has no evidence that it exists.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline TravKSP

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2013, 08:49:06 PM »
Ha! No, not really scared off. Just had nothing else to add. I mean, seriously, wasn't I lengthy enough the first time?

Anyways - sorry for reopening an old thread! I was basically looking for a place to comment on what seemed like a very "preaching to the choir" argument I'd come across and a quick search and skim made me think this was the best place! So, sorry about that, but thank you for the tips and the comments back! Hope you all have a great rest of your evening!

~Trav

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
Ha! No, not really scared off. Just had nothing else to add. I mean, seriously, wasn't I lengthy enough the first time?

Anyways - sorry for reopening an old thread! I was basically looking for a place to comment on what seemed like a very "preaching to the choir" argument I'd come across and a quick search and skim made me think this was the best place! So, sorry about that, but thank you for the tips and the comments back! Hope you all have a great rest of your evening!

~Trav

All I read was, "Blah, blah, blah."

If you're trying to convince us of something you have to discard the clichés, and speak to us as if 1. You know what you're talking about (because clearly you don't, thus the clichés) and 2. You can actually think for yourself -- you'll get much further with us if you can accomplish those two minor things.

-Nam

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +17/-0
  • The messiah of mental freedom
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2013, 09:44:59 PM »
Excellent text! I'll use this one to make Christians prove their God!
Religion: The belief that an all powerful God or gods created the entire universe so that we tiny humans can be happy. And we also make war about it.

Offline Shaffy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +8/-1
  • Im A Realist ;)
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:23 AM »
Great proof there! :laugh:
-Shaffy
We humans may never figure out the truth, but I prefer trying to find it over pretending we know it.

~ParkingPlaces

Online Graybeard

• Darwins +463/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2013, 04:11:24 PM »
To whom it may concern,

I came across your site while looking for information on God’s contest with Baal. It looks as though you’re trying to build a case against God, so I just wanted to write and suggest that you remove “Compare God and Baal” as this one doesn’t build toward that objective very well. You seem to be working from the notion that God is just an organ grinder monkey, ready to dance – or, in this case, send fire from the sky – whenever someone chooses to crank the music.

In this passage, neither Elijah nor the prophets of Baal are suggesting the non-existence of God. Their question is – “Is Yahweh God, or is Baal God?” This isn’t really a consideration of A) God, B) Baal, or C) None of the above. Both sides agreed that a creator existed, they just disagreed as to which god was the true Creator.

As I remember it, Yahweh gave proof to the people, however, Baal Haddad did not - he remained invisible and inactive because He wanted the people to have faith.

Today, Yahweh, His boy and His Spirit do nothing, and never respond to tests: this is because Yahweh wants the people to have faith.

Now, what is the difference between Baal Haddad then and Yahweh now?

Typo seen and corrected...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 06:50:40 PM by Graybeard »
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Castiel

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2014, 12:22:33 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm fairly new, so excuse me if this is sort of out of the topic.
It is mentioned that godisimaginary.com is expanding. Nice. But here is a problem. Half of those supposedly proves are not proving that god is not real! How did I get to that conclusion? Well, because, half of the proves take the Bible has a base, and say that God isn't real because the bible is mistaken. That does NOT prove god is not real, it just proves the Bible is nonsense. That's it. The site's purpose is to prove god is not real, but instead of doing that, half of the time, it focuses on the Bible and how it is wrong. Those arguments could be used by a Jewish religious person, while he is arguing with with another Christian about which religion is true, for example. So to me, I don't think that godisimaginary.com should expand. It should improve their arguments and proves. Here are few examples:
Proof #5 - Read the Bible
Proof #22 - Count all the people God wants to murder
Proof 39 - Understand that Jesus is a Jerk
Proof 30 - Examine God's sexism
Proof 26: Notice that the Bible's author is not "all-knowing"
Proof 21: Understand Jesus' core message
Proof 20: Notice your church
Proof 50: Ask Jesus to appear.
Proof #41 - Flip a coin
Proof #40 - Understand Christian motivations
Proof #38 - Notice the divorce rate among Christians
------

I could go on, but I don't have the time. Probably every 4 out of 5 proves is taking the Bible as base. Is this an anti-christian site or an Atheist site? I mean no offense, but as I mentioned, most of your proves, proves nothing but how nonsense the bible is. So, the site doesn't have almost any meaning to any theist that isn't Christian. It doesn't have a meaning to me either, because of how poorly the proves are stated and they do not actually prove that God isn't real. I don't know if there is anyone out there that thinks the same way. It's just that the site's name is misleading. So here is the plot: Do not expand godisimaginary.com, improve it. I don't need to see why the Bible is nonsense. I visited that site expecting proves and solid arguments on why God isn't real, not why the Bible isn't real.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2014, 01:30:08 PM »
Probably every 4 out of 5 proves is taking the Bible as base.

And four out of five English speaking theists with internet access are likely to be Christians.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 02:21:12 PM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline MadBunny

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-0
  • Fallen Illuminatus
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2014, 02:19:54 PM »
That does NOT prove god is not real, it just proves the Bible is nonsense. That's it.

Yes, you are entirely correct.

However, let me ask you a question: where do you get your information about 'god' from?  (The bible)

If the bible is shown to be an inaccurate document, and it has been in a huge number of ways, not the least of which through simple contradictions, then it stands to reason that the deity portrayed in the bible is suspect.  I would say impossible, at least as written in the bible.

Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night.  Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.