Author Topic: Some suggestions [#2762]  (Read 246 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Some suggestions [#2762]
« on: September 29, 2013, 01:57:55 AM »
Maybe I misread the following - then apology. I share this site as often as I can.

• In "creation" regeneration of limbs is well within the creator god's ability. There are quite a few salamanders that can regenerate limbs - a process that starts immediately after the loss of a limb. Thus - god is unwilling to do the same for humans
  • The reasoning is basic: If god do listen to prayers of the believer - then believers should have a onger lifespan than non-believers - on average. Is this the case? No. Thus all fiction of the mind ;)
Thanks for the great work done by this book and site!

[name and location removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Re: Some suggestions [#2762]
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 07:12:27 AM »
We have a forum also.  Come visit.  Clean your feet 1st.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:06:13 AM »
A salamander can regenerate limbs because the salamander has evolved with that ability. A Christian would say that god gave that ability to a salamander. In the bible, there is no claim that god will heal salamanders because salamanders can't pray and there is no mention of salamanders going to heaven.

The issue is whether people can pray and be healed. Since people cannot regenerate limbs naturally, then those who pray for the return of their lost legs should provide obvious examples of whether god actually responds to prayers and fulfills his biblical statements that prayers will be answered. No matter how many times you pray, there are no responses.

Feel free to join and have your friends come and debate!
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline attie.koekies

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 06:18:56 AM »
I agree, Chronos - reasoning has to be crystal clear - no breathing space for apologetics allowed;)

I just find that many people have no idea what to expect for someone to physically grow back a limb. It is indeed inconceivable & un-imagineable. But is it? No, in nature it is possible for some vertebra to grow back limbs. Nothing more said. A mention of this fact makes it very real and it could highlight the uncomfortable situation that the god-of-healing is plan-less when it comes to his very own children.

With regards to the second point/reasoning that was made - I would like to see how you feel about it or will christians just ramble on that god will not be tested etc: "The reasoning is basic: If god do listen to prayers of the believer - then believers should have a onger lifespan than non-believers - on average. Is this the case? No."

Apology for the English (not my first language :)