Author Topic: Danish, pork danish ...  (Read 197 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Danish, pork danish ...
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:01:49 PM »
Pork Politics: Why Some Danes Want Pig Meat Required On Menus

Over the summer, the Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet undertook a survey of public institutions and found that "at least 30" day cares had dropped pork from their menus so that children from different ethnic and religious backgrounds (primarily Muslim) would not have to queue up in different lunch lines. But 844 comments later, it became clear that many Danes thought this was a bad idea.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Danish, pork danish ...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:21:47 PM »
Get spam...who knows what is in there.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
Re: Danish, pork danish ...
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »
Pork Politics: Why Some Danes Want Pig Meat Required On Menus

Over the summer, the Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet undertook a survey of public institutions and found that "at least 30" day cares had dropped pork from their menus so that children from different ethnic and religious backgrounds (primarily Muslim) would not have to queue up in different lunch lines. But 844 comments later, it became clear that many Danes thought this was a bad idea.

Wow, this is particularly sticky wicket. It is like the demands of the health nuts, except the health nuts have at least some actual facts on their side. I'm more inclined to just take a head count, if more than half the class keep Halal...no pig. If less than half...sorry Ali Abdul...brown bag it.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.