Author Topic: A Relationship With God  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: A Relationship With God
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 01:51:50 AM »
Dumb question, but...how are we supposed to talk to each other in public if not out loud?

It doesn't seem like you gave that particular insult all that much thought.

Yeah Dumb question dumbass.  ;D
"I want a medical amputation!!"

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

God is a big hairy meanie with zits, bad breath and alopecia therefor God does not exist, NO WAY especially the big old, old ancient desert   bible god, coz he kills innocent baby lambs and white fur seals on the Sabbath. Atheism 101

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +78/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 01:53:20 AM »
You see you cant be an atheist "by your definition" when there is a creation to behold, and still expect people to view you as sane. Ya git me Captain Kirk?

I certainly get that it's unlikely to recieve any coherent answer from you in the little time you have left here.

I say again creation is evidence of a creator/God, to deny this is insanity.  An insane militant vile and horrible religious  extremist insanity with no equal

And every single last one of you quotes form scripture and preaches from scripture religiously. FREAKS!  UTTER AND TOTAL FREAKS!

Well, here's your big chance: show us your evidence that atheism=insanity.

And yeah, we atheists quote Biblical scripture quite a bit. That's because we're still a minority and many if not most of us used to be Christians, yours truly included. Why should it be surprising that we reference the Bible when we're arguing Christian faith and theology?

Sorry, Trav. I think this one is just too silly and ill-behaved to keep around. Unless he can learn to housebreak himself.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +559/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 01:56:14 AM »
I see that you don't recognize figures of speech all that well.

In any case, you didn't answer my question.  How else are people supposed to communicate in public except by talking out loud?  It's one thing to try to be insulting, but it doesn't work too well when you don't put a lot of thought into it.

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 01:59:25 AM »
You see you cant be an atheist "by your definition" when there is a creation to behold, and still expect people to view you as sane. Ya git me Captain Kirk?

I certainly get that it's unlikely to recieve any coherent answer from you in the little time you have left here.

I say again creation is evidence of a creator/God, to deny this is insanity.  An insane militant vile and horrible religious  extremist insanity with no equal

And every single last one of you quotes form scripture and preaches from scripture religiously. FREAKS!  UTTER AND TOTAL FREAKS!

Well, here's your big chance: show us your evidence that atheism=insanity.

And yeah, we atheists quote Biblical scripture quite a bit. That's because we're still a minority and many if not most of us used to be Christians, yours truly included. Why should it be surprising that we reference the Bible when we're arguing Christian faith and theology?

Sorry, Trav. I think this one is just too silly and ill-behaved to keep around. Unless he can learn to housebreak himself.

Already proved it dumbass, are you new? Creation is the proof!!!

That's all you needed to hear from me. You numbskulls think you can use creation to refute the creator and you also think you can use scripture to refute it as well. That is how well and truly utterly ficjked in the head you really, really are, and if I can get that through to just one of you retards before Im black balled, then Good, if not then Good.

Yeah Trav these humps don't deserve me. Get them another drink, it's all they're good for.

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

God is a big hairy meanie with zits, bad breath and alopecia therefor God does not exist, NO WAY especially the big old, old ancient desert   bible god, coz he kills innocent baby lambs and white fur seals on the Sabbath. Atheism 101

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 02:00:35 AM »
I see that you don't recognize figures of speech all that well.

In any case, you didn't answer my question.  How else are people supposed to communicate in public except by talking out loud?  It's one thing to try to be insulting, but it doesn't work too well when you don't put a lot of thought into it.

Yabber away numbskull, yabber away. It helps me identify live legitimate targets. I'm ex special forces it's the way I think, and you are the enemy and I am behind enemy lines. Keep talkin!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:02:23 AM by Crowbar »

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +559/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 02:06:33 AM »
No, the only thing you're showing here is your capacity for circular reasoning.  You believe there is a creator, because of the universe.  Why?  Because it must have been created in order to exist.  Doesn't really prove anything - or do you really think that there haven't been hundreds of Christians on this site alone who tried the same argument and had it fail miserably?

Quote from: Crowbar
That's all you needed to hear from me. You numbskulls think you can use creation to refute the creator and you also think you can use scripture to refute it as well. That is how well and truly utterly ficjked in the head you really, really are, and if I can get that through to just one of you retards before Im black balled, then Good, if not then Good.
Until you can prove that a creator was necessary for the universe to exist, there's no good reason to accept your line of reasoning.  And as for scripture, given how contradictory it is, it's pretty meaningless in and of itself.  No, you need evidence to show that Biblical scripture is accurate, and you need evidence that the universe required a creator.

You can refuse to give such evidence, but your chances of convincing any of the atheists or skeptics here without it are practically nonexistent.

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 02:10:02 AM »
No, the only thing you're showing here is your capacity for circular reasoning.  You believe there is a creator, because of the universe.  Why?  Because it must have been created in order to exist.  Doesn't really prove anything - or do you really think that there haven't been hundreds of Christians on this site alone who tried the same argument and had it fail miserably?

Quote from: Crowbar
Until you can prove that a creator was necessary for the universe to exist, there's no good reason to accept your line of reasoning.  And as for scripture, given how contradictory it is, it's pretty meaningless in and of itself.  No, you need evidence to show that Biblical scripture is accurate, and you need evidence that the universe required a creator.

You can refuse to give such evidence, but your chances of convincing any of the atheists or skeptics here without it are practically nonexistent.

Circular reasoning? Don't talk bollocks pal. I don't play stupid games so numskulls like you can unwind. Say something remotely intelligent remotely witty and totally not sarcastic or piss off forever. Nite nite!

You are the one who is circle jerking here, you cant "ass about face" my premise just becuase you dont like it! To that I
say EFFOFF!!

You need to provide evidence that the universe DID NOT require a creator.  OKAY - STFU!

If that shit has allegedly fended off hundreds of Christians before me then you may has well shut this shit down now. Coz you're fooked now aren't you? Yes you are. 

Oh and of those hundreds of Christians before me? I would guess ALL of them have ended up banned when each and every one of them Quickly they got the better of you.

Who is your longest surviving "genuine" Christian (Jesuits and Jws do not comply) at present in our forums , if any?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 02:24:32 AM by Crowbar »

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +559/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2013, 02:22:54 AM »
Yabber away numbskull, yabber away. It helps me identify live legitimate targets. I'm ex special forces it's the way I think, and you are the enemy and I am behind enemy lines. Keep talkin!
Honestly, why should I care whether you're ex-special forces or not?  It isn't going to make me pay any greater amount of attention to you or your opinions.  I suppose you might be trying to intimidate me, but again, why should I care?  Anyone can make any claim they want on the internet.

Circular reasoning? Don't talk bollocks pal. I don't play stupid games so numskulls like you can unwind. Say something remotely intelligent remotely witty and totally not sarcastic or piss off forever. Nite nite!
I suppose you were expecting me to come back with some snappy one-line comeback to 'prove' that I was witty or intelligent?  Too bad for you, I have very thick skin when it comes to insults.  I don't particularly care if you think I'm a numbskull or not - I have long since outgrown any need to prove myself to the likes of you.

By the way, circular reasoning is using your conclusion to support your premise.  In your case, it's using your conclusion (that a creator exists) to support your premise (that the universe was created).  It's one of the more common rhetorical flaws of Christian arguments and apologetics.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +270/-31
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2013, 02:37:15 AM »
Actually you did start with insults.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +559/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2013, 02:44:19 AM »
Listen pal I didn't  come in here to trade insults and I didn't start with insults but when you clowns start your little bukake party insults on me I'm going to dam well bury you in your own shit. You follow? Any way a few good fists fights have often resulted in mates for life after words so bring it on. I'm not really ex special forces, but I am currently super natural special forces. I'm not saying that to intimidate, but essentially I'm superhuman and you aren't.
I haven't been insulting you, though.  I'm not the kind of person who thinks insults are appropriate in a discussion - any discussion.  It would be hypocritical of me to criticize others for insults if I used them myself.  Indeed, even if someone uses insults against me, I tend to just shrug and ignore them, or else draw attention to them in the effort to point out how ineffective they are.

My style of argumentation involves using factual arguments to support the point I'm trying to make.  Insulting someone would undercut that - it would make them less likely to pay attention to what I was trying to say.  Though, you should note, I'm also not going to tiptoe around calling a kettle black when it comes to talking about someone.  For example, if I think someone is lying, I'll tell them that, whatever I think of them.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2013, 02:45:05 AM »
Say something remotely intelligent remotely witty and totally not sarcastic or piss off forever. Nite nite!

Hmmm.

Crowbar, you have, as you expected, attracted Moderator attention.  If you are here with a desire to engage in genuine discussion, then you will dial back the insults.  If you have no wish for debate, then I will ensure that your account is blocked.  It is entirely up to you. 

Further insulting posts by you will be deleted without further comment.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2013, 04:19:06 AM »
Crowbar, the minute you start throwing threats and insults around you have basically lost the argument or point you were making.
 People on here are very knowledgeable on all aspects of religion and using threats like you have makes you appear very childish and certainly not like someone who might have a good point to make.
Please try and be civil and actually enjoy having a sensible discussion here.
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2013, 04:19:37 AM »

Oh and of those hundreds of Christians before me? I would guess ALL of them have ended up banned when each and every one of them Quickly they got the better of you.

Who is your longest surviving "genuine" Christian (Jesuits and Jws do not comply) at present in our forums , if any?

How would you define "genuine"?
And secondly, i have stalked these forums for quite some time, theists only get banned for preaching and not obeying the forum rules. So far, every theist makes something unique, but a majority reuses the same garbage arguments.

Just like yours....
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2013, 04:23:08 AM »
Honestly, why should I care whether you're ex-special forces or not?  It isn't going to make me pay any greater amount of attention to you or your opinions.  I suppose you might be trying to intimidate me, but again, why should I care?  Anyone can make any claim they want on the internet.

Just like how i can say i have a sentient companion in my head called Alexis ;D.
(Sorry Anfauglir, had to)

Also, whats with internet "badasses" and ex special forces?
What is military background going to do?
Grow up Crowbar...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2013, 05:28:17 AM »

How would you define "genuine"?
And secondly, i have stalked these forums for quite some time, theists only get banned for preaching and not obeying the forum rules. So far, every theist makes something unique, but a majority reuses the same garbage arguments.

Just like yours....

Utter bollocks, Ive had about 6 posts removed already, what is the point of being here if that happens? Bloody pathetic bunch of amateurs.

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline Crowbar

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2013, 05:30:12 AM »

Just like how i can say i have a sentient companion in my head called Alexis ;D.

Grow up Crowbar...

Grow up crow bar. That was a witty clever retort worthy of my attention...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Apotemnophiliacs Unite -

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2013, 07:41:07 AM »
My definition of "God" will be almost certainly 99.9 % unacceptable to you so I shan't bother.

Crowbar
   Don't be afraid to give me your definition of what god is, even if you think I will not agree.  That is, IMO, what this website is for.  For instance, what do you think about the religious beliefs of Jesuits and Jehovah's witnesses?  Do you think your views are correct and their views are not?  If so, why?

One of the reasons I became a member here (as a lukewarm christian, since, turned agnostic atheist) was because of the worldwide danger of extremist Muslims.  Do you think your beliefs are closer to the truth than Islam?  If so, why?  If not, why not?
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +72/-1
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »

Most have come and gone of their own volition, but a significant number have indeed been banned, certainly more often than atheists. The reasons are varied, but it has never been for having made a compelling or well reasoned argument, though I have little doubt that some of them would claim that.

There have been a few who exhibited considerable intelligence, contributed some worthwhile discussion, and earned respect. Some of those stuck around a long time. I think there is one who still visits from time to time, but doesn't post very often.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +864/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2013, 12:52:47 PM »
Crowbar, I won't talk about you. I will talk to you. You remind me of the kind of men who yell and hoot at women on the street and act surprised and insulted when the women walk away in disgust. You throw negative comments around like a monkey throwing poop at the zoo. But we have survived worse than you on this site.... &)

Anyway, Crowbar, I'll play with you awhile. Let's take it on faith (hah) that "there is a creator because there is a universe".
1)What do we know about this creator?
2)Which religious group or body has the right information on this creator?
3)How do we know they are correct?

The universe does not tell us anything about this creator. Most of the universe is actively hostile to human life, so it does not seem like the creator had us in mind. So far, in human experience, no creator posited by a religious group has appeared to be real. In fact, every single creator that has been described by people turns out to be invisible, contradictory, powerless and improbable.

Is the creator you believe exists any different?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2013, 06:51:48 AM »

Grow up Crowbar...

Grow up crow bar. That was a witty clever retort worthy of my attention...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Indeed it was, certainly more witty than internet badass copy pasta.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2013, 06:53:19 AM »
i have stalked these forums for quite some time, theists only get banned for preaching and not obeying the forum rules. .

Utter bollocks, Ive had about 6 posts removed already, what is the point of being here if that happens? Bloody pathetic bunch of amateurs.

Crowbar has now been banned.  He's right, I deleted a number of his posts while I was waiting for the ban to be applied.  Please trust me that they were all of the same calibre as his earlier posts, and were all deleted AFTER I posted this (note the italics):

Crowbar, you have, as you expected, attracted Moderator attention.  If you are here with a desire to engage in genuine discussion, then you will dial back the insults.  If you have no wish for debate, then I will ensure that your account is blocked.  It is entirely up to you. 

Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »
i have stalked these forums for quite some time, theists only get banned for preaching and not obeying the forum rules. .

Crowbar has now been banned.  He's right, I deleted a number of his posts while I was waiting for the ban to be applied.  Please trust me that they were all of the same calibre as his earlier posts, and were all deleted AFTER I posted this (note the italics):

So that proved my point of theists only being banned for disobeying rules? ;D

Online jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +559/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
Excessive vulgarity is prohibited by the rules, just for starters.  So is trolling.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
  • Darwins +0/-1,000,000,000
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2013, 09:12:31 AM »
I had a bit of an argument with my wife regarding the basis of faith and how those of us who have or have had faith in God force ourselves to be either willfully ignorant or unknowingly hypocritical.
Does your wife know your lack of belief?
Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +185/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »
That's all you needed to hear from me.

And yet, I see evidence of continued posting in this very thread... oooh let me guess! God did it?

He sure had a lot to post in a short amount of time didn't he? Two days and almost 50 posts to say.... nothing new whatsoever. It almost makes me miss BuckAlec. At least his stories were entertaining examples of how special his god thought he was.

My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +185/-7
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2013, 11:24:43 AM »
Hey there John 3 16!

I noticed this in your sig: Are you a hatheist?  (hey-thee-ist)

I thought hatheist was a greeting. You know, like "Hey, theist!"

Would it be inappropriate for me to greet you that way? I wasn't sure so I avoided doing so in the greeting to you in this post. Please let me know, as I try to only be insulting on purpose.

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »
I have no problem with that  ;)

Hey atheist!!

Heya theist!!

A person who vocally hates on religious individuals, often criticizing such persons for being uneducated hillbillies.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +185/-7
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2013, 01:13:17 PM »
See? No insults, no spite, just greetings exchanged between two people who happen to disagree over a single point. No harm, no foul. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could all be so civil?  :-\

But now you're adding an additional "a" sound that doesn't exist in your signature line.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:14:48 PM by Jag »

Offline John 3 16

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-14
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
See? No insults, no spite, just greetings exchanged between two people who happen to disagree over a single point. No harm, no foul. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we could all be so civil?  :-\
That's what I saying.

BTW what's wrong with theists' karma points here?  :o
Are they all jerks like me?