Author Topic: Kenya  (Read 221 times)

Offline shnozzola

Kenya
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:49:25 PM »
http://www.npr.org/2013/09/24/225659454/update-on-kenya-mall-attack

WARNER: So I met up with this guy, Michael Meyer(ph), he's the dean of a new graduate school of journalism starting here, courtesy of the Aga Khan Foundation. Now he wasn't in Westgate Mall at the time of the attack, but he was telling me about the nephew of his Kenyan colleague, a nine year old boy who had been shot in the hip. And as he's lying, bleeding on the floor of the mall, the terrorist who shot him pointed his weapon at his 15 year old sister and his mother.

MICHAEL MEYER: They demanded that the mother and the sister recite a snatch of the Koran. Being Muslim, they could and did. They were shot anyway, shot down in front of this little boy. Why did you do that? Why did you shoot them, he wailed? And the response from one of the terrorist was: Because they were not wearing the hijab.

Good religion, huh.   >:(
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +186/-8
Re: Kenya
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:58:17 PM »
What can you say about the human race with this kind of behavior? :(
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Re: Kenya
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »
I will remember this story next time I hear a Muslim woman claim that wearing the hijab or the burka is: "My choice to show respect to Allah."

Git mit uns