Author Topic: Ask tulpae related questions here. (By Angus and Alexis)  (Read 4357 times)

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
Re: Ask tulpae related questions here. (By Angus and Alexis)
« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2013, 11:30:14 PM »
*four post to get attention*

Mods, can you please just lock this monstrosity?
Thanks in advance.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +320/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2013, 08:30:23 AM »
Before this gets locked, I do have one more question:

This thread has gone on for 7 pages[1] and has had a number of participants.

If Alexis has some independent existence (with independent thoughts and feelings)...why hasn't she chimed in at all?  This topic is, after all, directly related to her, so I find it a little curious that she hasn't expressed any thoughts or feelings on the matter.
 1. Which isn't particularly huge on this board honestly.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2013, 08:34:23 AM »
If Alexis has some independent existence (with independent thoughts and feelings)...why hasn't she chimed in at all?  This topic is, after all, directly related to her, so I find it a little curious that she hasn't expressed any thoughts or feelings on the matter.

What do you mean?
I had to use her to answer some of Anfauglir's questions.
She is incapable of speech at the moment, so its rather hard for her to communicate, but she can answer closed questions...

She also uses symbolism (she used a picture of a peanut to tell someone is crazy).

I'm fairly certain that Alexis, a tulpa, believes tulpae exist...
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +320/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
What do you mean?
I had to use her to answer some of Anfauglir's questions.
She is incapable of speech at the moment, so its rather hard for her to communicate, but she can answer closed questions...

She also uses symbolism (she used a picture of a peanut to tell someone is crazy).

I'm fairly certain that Alexis, a tulpa, believes tulpae exist...
Guess I missed those.  Could you point me to those posts?  Thanks.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2013, 08:44:21 AM »
Okay, i had to use Alexis once.

That MUST perforce mean that Alexis does NOT trust you, does it not?

I replied
Never thought of that.
Let me check.
Indeed she does not trust me to control her, luckily i do not control her then, no?

I had to ask her :|...

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +320/-6
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2013, 08:49:08 AM »
Okay, i had to use Alexis once.

That MUST perforce mean that Alexis does NOT trust you, does it not?

I replied
Never thought of that.
Let me check.
Indeed she does not trust me to control her, luckily i do not control her then, no?

I had to ask her :|...
Ah.

Is there an instance where she wanted to express herself without your prodding?

I'm just getting more of the feeling that 'Alexis' is more like an algorithm you shove data through to process information, rather than any sort of entity with a personality.  You pretend this algorithm is sentient the same way that I pretend a computer is sentience when I yell at it or ask "Why the hell are you taking 37 minutes to transfer a 10MB file???".
- Eddie Izzard

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #180 on: October 04, 2013, 08:52:33 AM »
Ah.

Is there an instance where she wanted to express herself without your prodding?

She is not entirely complete, and lacks a large amount of self action, so sadly, no.

I'm just getting more of the feeling that 'Alexis' is more like an algorithm you shove data through to process information, rather than any sort of entity with a personality.  You pretend this algorithm is sentient the same way that I pretend a computer is sentience when I yell at it or ask "Why the hell are you taking 37 minutes to transfer a 10MB file???".

At this point, she is kind of like that, she very rarely acts without my focus on her, she does do it rarely though.