Author Topic: Getting Through Chemo  (Read 4491 times)

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Getting Through Chemo
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2014, 07:22:32 PM »
Very cute!

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2014, 08:02:26 AM »
Thanks Betel. 

I've been shy about sharing here lately.  I have abandoned this thread...for now.  People can be so...COLD.

I would rather finish my fight w/o support from here than to deal with the chill of people walking away. brrrrrrr

Thanks for the warm fuzzies.

JB
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2014, 09:06:10 AM »
jb,

you are a welcome member here.  Just please leave the passive aggressive bullshit at the door.  It will help improve others' attitudes toward you.  Thanks.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2014, 01:58:56 PM »
Junebug, I have been one of your strongest supporters, both here and behind the scenes. And yet, when I tried to help you in the emergency room, by suggesting things that would help you communicate by the members here, you attacked me, and said you couldn't trust me. This hurt my feelings, and makes me wary of interacting with you. Some of the so-called chill you are experiencing is because you've hurt people's feelings, and ignored most attempts to help.

You believe in love and compassion, yet you've jumped on the very people who are trying to show compassion to you.

Perhaps you can't hear this, but I still care about you. I still want to hear your opinions. I still want you to participate here. But I also don't want to feel attacked when I do so. I have feelings too.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2014, 05:47:58 AM »
Junebug, I have been one of your strongest supporters, both here and behind the scenes. And yet, when I tried to help you in the emergency room, by suggesting things that would help you communicate by the members here, you attacked me, and said you couldn't trust me. This hurt my feelings, and makes me wary of interacting with you. Some of the so-called chill you are experiencing is because you've hurt people's feelings, and ignored most attempts to help.

You believe in love and compassion, yet you've jumped on the very people who are trying to show compassion to you.

Perhaps you can't hear this, but I still care about you. I still want to hear your opinions. I still want you to participate here. But I also don't want to feel attacked when I do so. I have feelings too.

Your help hurt my feelings.  Traveler I know you honestly think you were helping me but you were helping them, the mods.  You really don't think it hurt my feelings to be in the ER or restricted to the shelter.  You were dealing with a hurt dog so to speak.  You have to approach carefully.  What would have helped is when you see me make a mistake tell me then, In a nice way.  Maybe PM it so not to embarrass me. 

You made me feel like our friendship was not as important as trying to save the reputation of a website that is verbally offensive.  That's not how I roll. 

The mods are free to edit any post.  Out of 1100 posts I've only been edited 6-7 times.  My defense is posted in the ER.

Am I perfect sure ain't.  I don't think you ever looked at the situation without bias toward atheism.  The impact it would have on this website.  I have admitted my short comings and I'm working on improvement.  Those that think they are perfect never improve but they are not really perfect.

My feelings has been hurt here a lot while going through the hardest fight of my life.  It really made me wish I had never shared my fight with this place.  Anyhow I don't harbor any anger and I'm just ready to get on with being HAPPY.  Getting through chemo was one of the happiest times in my life.  I just want that feeling back.

I didn't start throwing the stones.

I'm only aggressive when people's trying to push me around. ;)

I care about you too Traveler.  I care about all of you. :angel: 
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »

Cool. :)

How long's your hair? I kept checking mine for growth, and now, 4.5 years after treatment mine is only a few inches from my waist!
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2014, 02:31:01 PM »

Cool. :)

How long's your hair? I kept checking mine for growth, and now, 4.5 years after treatment mine is only a few inches from my waist!

Right about an inch.  I think I will keep mine short.

Radiation starts next week on Wednesday.  I'm ready to get it over with.  Do you still have the three tattoos?

I can't keep my hands off the hair.  I'm starting to get bed head again.

Didn't you say you still have neuropathy in your feet? 

JB
Thomas Paine

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +280/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2014, 02:46:47 PM »

Don't mind me, but I always thought women (but not men) looked better with long hair. Men just look weird, though.
EDIT: Which is not to say that women look bad with short hair. Just that they look better with long hair.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »
Hey, JB, yes I still have the tattoos. They've softened into dark, soft blue dots.

And, yes, I still have neuropathy in my feet. My oncologist said if it was still there after a year that it was likely permanent. I've only had two real problems with it. First, it feels really creepy to wash my feet, especially my toes. The hot water seems to trigger it to be worse. The other is that I have to be really careful not to hurt myself, and I no longer go barefoot outside. I went out once to take my recycling out with bare feet. I dropped a glass jar, which broke. When I went inside, I was leaving bloody toe prints. I didn't feel a thing, but I had sliced my toe all the way to the bone. :(

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »

Don't mind me, but I always thought women (but not men) looked better with long hair. Men just look weird, though.
EDIT: Which is not to say that women look bad with short hair. Just that they look better with long hair.

One I had hair down to my butt.  Losing it was very hard to do.  I would have to go through so many awkward stages, I don't know.  I'm liking the low maintenance.   

I've always liked my women with long hair too. lol  I used to hate it when Madonna went short.  I think she is breathtaking with those long curly locks.

That pixie do is very popular and I think sexy.  I'm going with that for a while.  Thanks for sharing.
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2014, 03:32:58 PM »
Hey, JB, yes I still have the tattoos. They've softened into dark, soft blue dots.

And, yes, I still have neuropathy in my feet. My oncologist said if it was still there after a year that it was likely permanent. I've only had two real problems with it. First, it feels really creepy to wash my feet, especially my toes. The hot water seems to trigger it to be worse. The other is that I have to be really careful not to hurt myself, and I no longer go barefoot outside. I went out once to take my recycling out with bare feet. I dropped a glass jar, which broke. When I went inside, I was leaving bloody toe prints. I didn't feel a thing, but I had sliced my toe all the way to the bone. :(

We better be careful then, huh?  I have a hard time standing in my shower.  It does feel pretty weird.  Does your feet itch real bad but it's more like nerves because you can't get the itch no matter how hard you try?  There is no rash or anything just itch.   I have to take Vistiril for that and it knocks me out.  My oncologist has never heard of it.

I never liked going barefoot anyway.  Sensitive feet like the rest of me. lol :laugh:

JB
Thomas Paine

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2014, 05:25:54 PM »
No, mine don't itch. Its like my toes are numb, but also sort of tingly, and sometimes almost painful. Its a weird, creepy feeling that's really hard to describe to someone who hasn't experienced it. My oncologist says the weird feelings are pain, but I don't quite experience it that way. Its awful ... I'd actually prefer that it hurt in a traditional meaning of the word.

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »
I still have some neuropathy in my feet after about 18 months.  It isn't constant though--it comes and goes (or maybe I just don't notice it as much during the day?)  It is worse at night when I'm lying down--pins and needles in the feet.

I too was told that since I still have it, it will probably stick around.

Better than cancer, I guess!

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2014, 06:10:55 AM »
Yelp better than cancer.  I think I will use it as a constant reminder to appreciate every moment of life.  My dad had neuropathy too and he did not go through chemo.  Diabetics deal with it constantly and they can't cut out their disease.  Some have to have amputations. :'(

We are very lucky, us three.

(((hugs)))

JB
Thomas Paine

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2014, 01:27:14 PM »
Glad to hear you are still persevering with the treatment, junebug. How long will the radiation therapy last?

Peace and long life.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2014, 03:08:03 PM »
Glad to hear you are still persevering with the treatment, junebug. How long will the radiation therapy last?

Peace and long life.

Not too long.  DR Case said 5 days a week for a month.  Then I'm all done.  Post chemo mammogram was clear.  They will see me every 3 months for a year and then every 6 for 2. 

Peace and long life to you as well.

JB
Thomas Paine

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-1
« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »
Glad you're currently in the clear and this is the last stage save for followups. You and the other cancer survivors here and Lori; y'all have wills of drop-forged steel to have endured your travails.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2014, 06:46:53 AM »
Glad you're currently in the clear and this is the last stage save for followups. You and the other cancer survivors here and Lori; y'all have wills of drop-forged steel to have endured your travails.

Thanks Wright.  The support I got from members here helped a lot.
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2014, 01:04:08 PM »
Busy day tomorrow.   In fact with radiation starting and a work search I'm going to be busy.  It's time to start living like a normal person again.  I can't wait to get back to work. 

I can't believe it's 1 pm already.  Time flies.

Much Love,

JB
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
Great news.  I just got the call from the geneticist.  My genes are normal.  My cancer does not appear to be inherited.  That is really good to know.  I don't how I would've decided to handle the opposite.  I don't think I would have anything removed unless it was actually infected.  It's a woman's prerogative to deal with this in her own way.   
Thomas Paine

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-1
« Reply #165 on: February 07, 2014, 10:12:32 PM »
Glad to hear another hurdle is clear. Carry on, junebug.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »
I'm still alive.  8)
Thomas Paine

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +75/-1
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2014, 05:46:06 PM »
Forge ahead, junebug.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2014, 04:46:07 AM »
LOVE!!

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2014, 05:15:06 AM »
Forge ahead, junebug.

Thanks Wright.  That's the plan.  1 day at a time.

LOVE!!

What is that? 
Thomas Paine