Author Topic: Getting Through Chemo  (Read 5490 times)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
Re: Getting Through Chemo
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2013, 01:35:02 PM »
I am done with chemo!!! Thanks for the support!!!

Sincerely,

JB
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2013, 01:59:31 PM »
Excellent!  Just try to eat a healthy diet, start some kind of exercise regime, some kind of meditation or relaxation routine.  You still will need to heal from the trauma of this ordeal and work your way back in to a normal life.  I wish the best for you.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
Way to go, junebug. Live long and prosper.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2013, 04:22:13 PM »
Woohoo!!!  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2013, 11:22:11 PM »
Wear a fancy wig.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2013, 06:17:55 AM »
Thanks you guys!  (((hugs)))  You are part of my breast cancer survival story.  I know I give y'all a hard time about calling people stupid but when I speak to others about my experience here it is a positive story.  When I told y'all about that lump I had known about it for 2 months.  I had just been laid off from a job I loved and I didn't have insurance.  I looked up clogged milk ducts online and convinced myself that's what it was.  Y'all gave me urgency.  For that I will be forever grateful. 

AA I look good bald :laugh:  hair's coming back; solid white :o.  I'm going to keep it short.  I like the pixie do.

LPA I know, I know, great advice.  That has been the hardest part.  I love food, I don't like to exercise.  I get some splitting and moving wood for the fire.  Playing with the baby is also some exercise for me. 

Hope your Season is Merry and Peaceful!
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2013, 12:05:54 PM »
That has been the hardest part.  I love food,

You don't have to give up all the foods you love.  The key is moderation.  Control your portion sizes.  No seconds. Drink a lot of water with your meal so you will feel fuller. Eat slowly and pay attention to the flavors and textures of your food and you will be more satisfied. Learn to recognize when you are full and stop eating when you start to feel that way. Go as natural as possible.  Use the divided plate plan.  One half veggies and greens, one quarter protein, one quarter starch.  Desserts are not prohibited, they should just be small portions and only eaten if you are not full.  Fat free foods are hokum.  The process used to remove the fats is dubious and they add a bunch of artificial sweeteners to enhance the flavors.  Eat fruits as snacks.  Pick whole grain breads.  You may want to avoid soy.  Ask your doctors opinion.  There are conflicting opinions in the medical community on whether consumption of soy products increases the risk of recurrence/occurrence of estrogen fed cancers which would include breast cancer. I might have a little soy sauce here and there but I shy away from the rest of the soy stuff.

I don't like to exercise.  I get some splitting and moving wood for the fire.  Playing with the baby is also some exercise for me. 

Exercise does not have to be going to a gym or a class or following some rigid regimen.  You just need to move Get your heart pumping.  Splitting and moving wood is perfect.  Playing with the baby or pets is good.  Vigorous dancing works.  Taking walks at a decent pace.  Anything that increases your heart rate moderately for 15-20 minutes at a time to start.  The more you enjoy something the more likely you will stick with it.

I think part of the reason a lot of people do not stick with diet or exercise programs is because they are told they have to drastically change their lives.  I don't prefer that tactic.  I prefer to help people modify what they already do into something more healthy.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2013, 06:01:13 AM »
Thanks a lot LPA but it takes more self discipline that what I possess to accomplish that!!! :laugh:

I thought I could do this on my own but it's comforting to know they provide you with a nutritionist at the radiation facility.  Walking is painful with this neuropathy in my feet and left leg.  I have it in my finger tips too but it's not as uncomfortable as my feet at all.  I expect it to get better as the chemicals work their way out of my system!

I hope you're doing well.  How's your shoulder and the pursuit of disability going?

I bet your son is excited about the holidays!!!  I hope you two have a Very Merry Holiday!!!
Thomas Paine

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2013, 09:15:50 PM »
Congratulations!  I remember just being so relieved and looking forward to feeling strong again.  It has been 18 months (for me) now and the only side effect I still have is the occasional neuropathy in the feet.  Not too bad.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2013, 05:18:03 AM »
Way to go Betelnut!!!

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Thanks!
Thomas Paine

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2013, 05:20:07 AM »
Is it true that when on chemo, mosquitoes that suck your blood die?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2013, 05:28:12 AM »
That's so funny.  When I would get bit I would say, "it will probably die from chemo!" 

Lmao

Hold up, wait a minute, ain't nothing but tootie fruity!  You're asking me.  I don't see one surviving. ;)

They might spontaneously combust. 
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:33:31 AM by junebug72 »
Thomas Paine

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2013, 05:32:00 AM »
I have heard rumors that it happens, so you never know xD.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #129 on: December 25, 2013, 12:39:53 AM »

This song is to date, the only one that made my head bob to the rhythm...

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »
I'm smiling, thanks!  That was so cute.
Thomas Paine

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2013, 10:50:14 AM »
I know...

That...happiness...i cant stop watching.

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2013, 09:41:46 PM »
YAY. Wifes one year from last is next week. Keep tough.

LOVE.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2013, 07:48:05 AM »
A part of me wanted to smite you here but the other side thought it was petty vengeful thinking.  So I don't have the heart to do that.  I am too happy for your wife right now and I wouldn't want to jinx that for either one of you.  Plus I believe in forgiveness, so I forgive your smite Car and wish you and your love the happiest healthiest New Year and beyond!!!

It was awesome not to have to go to chemo yesterday. :)  Radiation starts mid month.  That should be a cakewalk after chemo!  Thanks so much for all your support Car.

Take Cake,

JB
Thomas Paine

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2013, 10:59:44 AM »
So...you are bald now, right?

Have you polished your scalp yet?  ;)

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2013, 01:58:39 PM »
No not bald now.  It's pretty short still though and solid white!  They said about an inch per month and I'm about half way to there. 

I'm giving out hugs today so here's a great big jolly wolly happy New Year hug for you.

(((HUGS)))
Thomas Paine

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2013, 02:09:41 PM »
It's pretty short still though and solid white!

White is my favorite color. When my hair starts turning white, I intend on painting it fully white and "skip the middleman", as it were. Would you mind PM'ing me a pic?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2014, 07:46:01 AM »
It's pretty short still though and solid white!

White is my favorite color. When my hair starts turning white, I intend on painting it fully white and "skip the middleman", as it were. Would you mind PM'ing me a pic?

Hey One!  I like the new avatar.  I would be happy to send you a pic but I don't have one at the moment.  My grandson will be here Friday and Saturday and I'm sure TR will take some pics.  It's so short and white it may not even show up but I'll try.  I'll post it here for everybody. 

Here's your New Year hug...(((hugs)))
Thomas Paine

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2014, 11:16:33 AM »
Maybe you can be a stand-in for Dame Judi Densch...

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »
You rock June. Take the rads in stride. Im sure I deserve the smite. Im a horses arse. Love. Happy new year. Love.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2014, 06:42:16 AM »
Aww thanks Car!!! 

LPA I could do it!!!  Sounds like fun fun fun!!!
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2014, 01:34:56 PM »

Here's the pic I promised.
Thomas Paine

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2014, 02:42:47 PM »
Awww, look at the white fuzz! I remember that phase very well. Is yours super soft? Mine came in like white, curly rabbit fur. After an inch or two it started changing until it came back to my original color and texture, but while it was all rabbity, everyone wanted to pet my head!  ;D

Cute baby too. ;)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »
Looks like a snow-globe xD.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2014, 07:01:35 AM »
yelp I'm All Shook Up!

Very soft.  People do like to pet soft things! ;) 

That baby and his father are the loves of my life!  TR too! :laugh:
Thomas Paine