Author Topic: Getting Through Chemo  (Read 5428 times)

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Re: Getting Through Chemo
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »
I was hoping to influence Christians here more so than atheists and y'all run 'em off faster than I can get a hold of them. :laugh:
Haha that's gold ;D  You do belong with us more than with them :) 

For the record I am very optimistic about a full recovery.
Good attitude.  May the science be with you.

Monday is the big day.  I start dreaded it so bad.  I am not even sure I am strong enough physically to get through it.
This may help ... a way I found to deal with tough stuff is to think hard about the time when it will be over. How will you feel then? The day will come when you wake up thinking: "Hey! I'm actually getting back to normal" Think about that happiness - it will be yours  ;) 
Git mit uns

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2013, 01:51:20 PM »
Good luck, JB. Hope things go easier for you this round.
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2013, 02:01:02 PM »
Thanks for not giving me a hard time about my emotional outburst.  Thanks even more for your encouraging and supportive words.  Words are so powerful.  They can make you smile and laugh or they can make you cry.  Life would be strange without them though, or would it?  Seems like humans hurt each other more than they make you laugh sometimes.  I am just saying.  Madonna sings a song called Words.  It's a good song too.  I'm a huge Madonna fan.

JB
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2013, 02:22:21 PM »
Thanks for not giving me a hard time about my emotional outburst.  Thanks even more for your encouraging and supportive words.  Words are so powerful.  They can make you smile and laugh or they can make you cry.  Life would be strange without them though, or would it?  Seems like humans hurt each other more than they make you laugh sometimes.  I am just saying.  Madonna sings a song called Words.  It's a good song too.  I'm a huge Madonna fan.

JB

Junebug, with all the stress you're under I'd find it more worrying if you didn't show any signs of releasing it. In my experience, some kind of catharsis is inevitable when people are beaten up by bad luck or life in general; better to let it out in ways that don't hurt oneself or others.

As a poet and writer, I definitely agree with you about the power of words. We're social creatures; most of us need some form of companionship, and for humans language is needed to really get the most from that. Indeed, it's been theorized that the parts of our brains that set us apart from our primate cousins developed to process increasingly complex language; words (or the ability to conceive and use them) made us human.

And writing is just an extension of that: our brains are so adept at facilitating language that words transcribed hundreds, sometimes thousands of years ago can move us to tears. What an astounding thing that is, when you really think about it!
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2013, 02:56:55 PM »
This may help ... a way I found to deal with tough stuff is to think hard about the time when it will be over. How will you feel then? The day will come when you wake up thinking: "Hey! I'm actually getting back to normal" Think about that happiness - it will be yours  ;)

This is the most awesome advice I have ever seen.  I am also going to somehow attempt this.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2013, 03:01:21 PM »
Here's hoping this round goes much more smoothly for you.  We will be here rooting for you.   8)
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2013, 03:04:31 PM »
Yea Wright is pretty awesome!  Hope things are turning around for you LPA.  I need to go check your support thread.  Going now. :)
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2013, 05:34:11 AM »
Well today is the big day.  I am just now feeling better from the last one.  I have no idea what to expect from the new taxol except it should be easier on me.  I sure do hope so.  My daughter in law brought me the cutest hat yesterday.  It looks like a cat with black and silver spots.  I think I will wear it to chemo today and hopefully liven the place up a bit. :) It's very warm.  Got my jams and my crosswords.   

Well better get going I have some breakfast to make and a bag of goodies to pack.

Take Care,
JB
Thomas Paine

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »
I will rattle my rocks for you.   ;) 

Your mention of hats brought back a memory of one of my favorite homecare patients.  She crocheted hundreds of hats for children with cancer and sent them all over the country.  Also, when she had to be in a Nursing home for a while for rehab she made them for all the staff and I have one as well that she gave to me.  She embellishes them with scarves and costume jewelry and uses the softest yarn so they aren't itchy.  She also had 2 rescued dogs which were usually dressed in little knitted outfits.   :)

Your hat will liven the place up and bring smiles.  I always wore bright colored scrubs with funky socks and matching shoes when I did homecare.  The patients loved it.  You wouldn't think such a little thing would make a difference but it started many visits with a smile.

You manage to keep hope and a positive attitude through this fight.  They are very important weapons.  Even if it doesn't actually cure disease your mental state is obviously key to your quality of life and controlling your stress level does help your recovery.  If you keep up your strong spirit and good vibes things will go so much more smoothly.  ;D

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »
My daughter in law brought me the cutest hat yesterday.  It looks like a cat with black and silver spots.  I think I will wear it to chemo today and hopefully liven the place up a bit. :) It's very warm.  Got my jams and my crosswords.   

Well better get going I have some breakfast to make and a bag of goodies to pack.

Take Care,
JB

That is absolutely the attitude to have, junebug. As Paul Simon said, sail on, sail on. My thoughts are with you.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
I will rattle my rocks for you.   ;) 

Your mention of hats brought back a memory of one of my favorite homecare patients.  She crocheted hundreds of hats for children with cancer and sent them all over the country.  Also, when she had to be in a Nursing home for a while for rehab she made them for all the staff and I have one as well that she gave to me.  She embellishes them with scarves and costume jewelry and uses the softest yarn so they aren't itchy.  She also had 2 rescued dogs which were usually dressed in little knitted outfits.   :)

Your hat will liven the place up and bring smiles.  I always wore bright colored scrubs with funky socks and matching shoes when I did homecare.  The patients loved it.  You wouldn't think such a little thing would make a difference but it started many visits with a smile.

You manage to keep hope and a positive attitude through this fight.  They are very important weapons.  Even if it doesn't actually cure disease your mental state is obviously key to your quality of life and controlling your stress level does help your recovery.  If you keep up your strong spirit and good vibes things will go so much more smoothly.  ;D

The kitty hat did it's job.  We got a lot of smiles from patients and from staff.  I almost enjoyed going there today.  I really hope to encounter lighter side effects. 

You're friend sounds like angel! :angel:
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2013, 08:01:00 PM »
My daughter in law brought me the cutest hat yesterday.  It looks like a cat with black and silver spots.  I think I will wear it to chemo today and hopefully liven the place up a bit. :) It's very warm.  Got my jams and my crosswords.   

Take Care,
JB

That is absolutely the attitude to have, junebug. As Paul Simon said, sail on, sail on. My thoughts are with you.

I'm sailing right on through.  4 down  and 2 to go.  I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.  :)
Thomas Paine

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2013, 01:52:51 AM »
Always look on the bright side of life.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2013, 08:04:55 AM »
thanks for the smile A&A.
Thomas Paine

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2013, 08:11:59 AM »
Love.

Love.

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »
My garden rock had a feather on it yesterday... I take that as a good sign for your "sailing on through."  I take it as a bad sign for the bird that cat killed...  :laugh:

Good thoughts to you, JB
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2013, 06:24:15 PM »
How are you feeling these days JB?  I remember the 4th treatment.  You think, okay, more than halfway done.  But man, do I feel shitty!

Still, keep on a trucking. There isn't any other alternative, right?

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »
Hey y'all been a little rough this week.  I've caught a cold and have felt like crap.  The new taxol has been easier on the digestive system but I've had more bone and joint pain.

2 more treatments seems tough at this point but I'm going to get there no matter what! ;)  (((hugs)))

Thanks Neo your feather was right. 8)
Thomas Paine

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »

Thought this could make you laugh/smile.

Enjoy.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2013, 08:44:13 AM »
Thanks AA.  What I need is to get out of this house.  I feel like I'm already dead and this house is my tomb.  I really don't have a support system outside of this place and my sweet, TR.  The world is a self centered world that has no time for a sick person like me.  It sometimes makes me wonder why I even bother trying to survive.  I've always been nothing but disappointed in the world I live in and every time something bad happens I realize how alone I am.  Sometimes I feel I have no one but TR and God.  I pushed a lot of friends away when my mom died because they just weren't there.  I have always been there a loyal friend and I'm always going through shit alone.   TR is just as disappointed in our friends and family as I am.  Things like that only happen on TV.   :'( :'( :'(
Thomas Paine

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2013, 07:58:03 AM »
Goodbye cruel world goodbye. :'( :'( :'(
Thomas Paine

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2013, 08:31:29 AM »
What do you mean junebug?

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2013, 01:43:03 PM »
What the hell?  Did the chemo fail?  Did the cancer metastasize?   I don't recall you having radiation yet.  Or do you just feel really spent?  More info when you're up to it, please?  You're in our thoughts.  And I will support what ever path you feel is best for yourself given whatever prognosis you have received.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2013, 01:48:30 PM »
(((Junebug)))

Hang in there please!!!
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2013, 01:51:02 PM »
What the hell?  Did the chemo fail?  Did the cancer metastasize?   I don't recall you having radiation yet.  Or do you just feel really spent?  More info when you're up to it, please?  You're in our thoughts.  And I will support what ever path you feel is best for yourself given whatever prognosis you have received.

(((Junebug)))

Hang in there please!!!

^This.[1]
 1. I'd say something in my own words, but I suck at being supportive. Just ask my ex's. All I could do was stand there.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +132/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »
Update us when you can, jb. Wishing you the best.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +677/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »

junebug has expressed her displeasure at being confined to the Shelter.  This could be an extension of that.  I say this so that you members who have supported jb are not left wondering and thinking the worst.

Hopefully she will get comfortable with the situation and return so that she can talk to some people in the community who care about her.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2013, 06:03:59 PM »

It's difficult to judge nuances over the internet, but as someone who once seriously considered suicide and about a year ago talked a good friend out of it, this is alarming to me. Junebug, please keep your supporters here in the loop.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #115 on: November 18, 2013, 12:52:01 PM »
I was hoping to influence Christians here more so than atheists and y'all run 'em off faster than I can get a hold of them. :laugh:
Haha that's gold ;D You do belong with us.

I'm sailing through chemo.  I have been kind and loving pretty much with everyone here.  I got kicked down to the shelter to punish me for taking up for DR T. 

There isn't much worse than kicking a girl while she is down.  Want to pour some salt in my port? 

I had just said this place TR and God is my support. That my house felt like a tomb.  Then the big status change.

I just can't believe a little ole harmless hillbilly is too much for this place.  I consider this a victory for belief. 

I have been friendly and respectful.  Never been so insulted anywhere so much as here.  They might have well went and kicked around a sick puppy.  There is definitely a coldness here not felt at theist forums.

As far as belonging here and being part of a community I am not.  I wanted too.  I'm sure the mod that stuck me here said the same thing in an Introduction thread.  I knew it wasn't sincere.  I don't fit anywhere.

Thomas Paine