Author Topic: Getting Through Chemo  (Read 5599 times)

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
Re: Getting Through Chemo
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 06:01:58 AM »
I'm done here too.  Apparently you must be crazy to seek support on an atheist website unless you're atheist.

No, just crazy to debate with one.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2013, 01:30:44 PM »
Just concentrate on getting better and your life back on track, junebug. All else, especially a mere internet forum, is window dressing by comparison.

Please, if you would, drop a word when you're done with chemo. Those of us here who support you will be glad to hear it.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 02:20:08 PM »

I'm done here too.  Apparently you must be crazy to seek support on an atheist website unless you're atheist.

I disagree.  I came to this forum as a theist.  I have found more support and reassurance here than from my facebook friends who are people who have met me IRL.  I find that rather sad and quite disappointing.  The atheists offer sound advice and more in some cases, the friends offer mostly empty prayers when they should be in the position to offer real help.  I know which forum members have opinions I will never agree with or attitudes that have a negative tone and if I see they are the poster I don't read that post.  I rarely engage them.  It is that simple.  Each thread seems to become it's own little community with it's own regular posters.  I stick to familiar threads and familiar posters.  There is plenty of support in a support thread but it doesn't extend to the debate threads.  Out there you are on your own.  Anyone with class would not insult someone in a support thread.  I see we have some classless members here lately.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2013, 08:19:45 AM »
Oops.

I researched thrush mouth a few months ago, because I had it after Metronide antibiotic. The best killer is a mixture of Chlorhexidine mouthwash and a Cetylpiridine one. Cetyl is the normal el-cheapo, but Chlorhex is a special one. Also, the omega-3 fatty acids, EPA and ALA kill Candida. You would have to chew and swig fish oil capsules. Canola oil is 10% ALA. (See CB Huang* • JL Ebersole)  See "Oil pulling" as a topic. Most plebs recommend Coconut oil, but it doesn't kill Candida.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:22:02 AM by Add Homonym »
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2013, 12:55:21 AM »
Farking crapolis....hang in there June.

Very close to home.

Love...Love...Love!!!!

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2013, 01:57:37 AM »
You know she is gone, right?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2013, 03:39:37 AM »
Gone is a relative term.
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2013, 06:49:49 AM »
True...

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2013, 08:36:25 AM »
She is tough enough to be an outspoken theist in our midst. It would be boring without opposition.

My universe strengths going to you today June. Exactly a year ago, my sons bday, we had to "sneak" my wife to the hospital (chemo complications) as to not spoil our eleven year olds special day. Waht a difference a year makes.

Love.

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +127/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2013, 11:29:45 AM »

No thanks to you.  Snide comments and smites do not belong in a support thread.  If it were up to me I would ban you from this site for that behavior.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2013, 12:26:24 PM »
No thanks to you.  Snide comments and smites do not belong in a support thread.

The main forum is more or less a free-for-all, within some very broad constraints. This area is intended for exactly what the name states - personal help, advice, and support. This is NOT the place for anything that is not clearly one of those three things, and Angus, you were completely out of line.

LPA, I'm not sure banning from the forum is entirely appropriate, but I would certainly like to see Angus at least post an apology to junebug for his behavior in this topic.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +678/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
Feel free to use that thumbs down button.  He's earned it.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2013, 04:06:32 PM »
Fair point, I'll act in accordance. I figured a small dose of frosty disapproval might carry a much deserved sting as well though.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »
AAAAACK!!!!!

I hit the wrong thumb and upvoted angus - can anyone erase it? Or switch the direction? INSERT STRING OF LOUD CUSS WORDS HERE!!!!!!

junebug, if you ever see this thread, I DID NOT intend to upvote Angus - my intention was a smite and  apologize to you if you saw it and were hurt.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »
AAAAACK!!!!!

I hit the wrong thumb and upvoted angus - can anyone erase it? Or switch the direction? INSERT STRING OF LOUD CUSS WORDS HERE!!!!!!

junebug, if you ever see this thread, I DID NOT intend to upvote Angus - my intention was a smite and  apologize to you if you saw it and were hurt.

The One Above All heard your prayers. I smited him in your place.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2013, 04:34:33 PM »
AAAAACK!!!!!

The One Above All heard your prayers. I smited him in your place.

It takes two smites to cancel the one false positive and still have the desired effect  :)
Git mit uns

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2013, 04:47:19 PM »
It takes two smites to cancel the one false positive and still have the desired effect  :)

I was counting on the false positive being deleted. If it gets deleted now, yours will be one too many.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2013, 04:49:41 PM »
I was counting on the false positive being deleted. If it gets deleted now, yours will be one too many.

Mine will still be valid in its own right  :)
Git mit uns

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »
Mine will still be valid in its own right  :)

Indeed it will. I had not checked why you smited him.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2013, 06:59:03 PM »
I love how i am still getting smited due to this thread.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2013, 11:43:40 PM »
I love how i am still getting smited due to this thread.

Ya know, by and large I like you, and I realize that you are still young - but on this topic you need to grow the fuck up.

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2013, 01:54:04 AM »
How so?

Junebug is gone for now, and yet people are posting here, and continuing to smite me.

I do not care, and i hope she gets better.

So what is the deal?

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2013, 08:40:18 AM »
How so?

Junebug is gone for now, and yet people are posting here, and continuing to smite me.

I do not care, and i hope she gets better.

So what is the deal?

Alexis dear, put those four hooves to good use and kick the rude out of Angus please. He's being a childish troll. Thanks!

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »
post removed
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:17:26 AM by screwtape »

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +678/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »
Angus

my use of green text indicates I am acting as a moderator, not a participant. 

Unless you have something positive to say in this thread - that is, supportive of Junebug - do not post here.

Regards

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2013, 07:44:28 AM »
I'm sorry I let my emotions get the best of me.  I feel like such a fool for letting that happen.  I did need a break though.  That thread got pretty hot.  I get tired of being called a liar.  I will have to say in Nam's defense that I went to a cancer support website and in my inbox was a phishing scam.  I see now that this sort of thing happens online, I can be naive at times and really just see the best of people and don't think too much about the nasty.  Only difference here is I haven't asked for anything except for support.  My intentions have been nothing but sincerely just wanting to share my point of view.  I was hoping to influence Christians here more so than atheists and y'all run 'em off faster than I can get a hold of them. :laugh:  They sensor you too much on their websites to even make a point.  :blank:

I didn't come here to be passive or afraid.  I will not let cancer stop me from my goal.  If anything it makes me more passionate.  I am confident in my beliefs and I am not afraid to own them.  That's the freedom of being spiritual not religious!!!  You only have your own conscience to guide you no book to tell you to do anything.

For the record I am very optimistic about a full recovery.  You can not battle an enemy you do not think about.  You have to know it's weakness and strengths.  Rage Against The Machine: Know Your Enemy; good song.  I don't even know how AA got the impression I thought cancer had already won or that it was stronger than my will to live.  Strange. :?

Monday is the big day.  I start dreaded it so bad.  I am not even sure I am strong enough physically to get through it.  I am still having issues with colitis and like betelnut said; "gas".  I never knew gas could be so uncomfortable and sometimes down right painful.  I do not know what to expect from the taxol they are switching me to.  It is supposed to be easier I think.   &)
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2013, 09:07:41 AM »
Welcome back!  :)

Taxol was MUCH easier for me than the adriamycin and cytoxin (I know that's not what you were on). My hair even started growing back during taxol.

Hugs and good luck on monday!!!
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +191/-7
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2013, 09:36:07 AM »
Good to see you back junebug. Glad you are holding up well though your battle. Stay strong!

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2013, 10:09:51 AM »
Glad you're still keeping us informed, junebug. Have a restful weekend and best of luck Monday.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius