Author Topic: Pope trys new recruitment policy  (Read 334 times)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +96/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +263/-33
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: Pope trys new recruitment policy
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 02:37:01 PM »
Pathetic attempt to associate all good people to believers and ostracize the evil ones, when the truth is most bad people are believers.
He really is getting desperate.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +96/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »
Is this new Pope trying to show that his God is loving to all? I think it will just turn most Catholics who do not "practice" their religion away from the church even more.

Is the Pope appealing to believers (non-Catholic) who are much more moderate in their beliefs? The way a believers sees God may be much separated from the dogma taught by the people who preach. The moderate believer can now say....see God loves everybody,time to become Catholic.

There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 03:14:45 PM »
This pope is driving around in an old car, got rid of the head guy in the Vatican bank, is at least talking about letting priests marry, and is not living in the papal apartment.  The higher ups can just take so much.  Don't look for this pope to be around long.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline relativetruth

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 03:22:25 PM »
Pope Francis has struck a surprisingly conciliatory tone towards atheists and agnostics, saying that God will “forgive” them as long as they behave morally and live according to their consciences.

I believe eating babies is good for the soul. Does that give me a chance with this god?  :)

PS I don't understand how this approach will bring more people to the Catholic church?

Edit ----
thought I had to add a smilie.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:29:36 PM by relativetruth »
God(s) exist and are imaginary

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +502/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »
I don't think this is really intended as an attempt to try to attract more worshipers.  It's probably an effort to help undo all the bad press the Catholic Church has suffered recently.

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +456/-14
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 03:49:48 PM »
If the pope really liked us, he'd offer us 0% loans over 100 years from the Vatican Bank. As it is, it looks as if he's trying to up the church's income from the wavering agnostic.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline zZaRDoZz

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 06:42:58 PM »
I'll raise a glass to the end of that dank, vile, rape happy, secretive, b*ll sh*t peddling church when it happens.  It's nice to see a  pope reflecting the desperation of  that organization's situation for once.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +120/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +96/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 07:45:46 PM »
Pope Francis has struck a surprisingly conciliatory tone towards atheists and agnostics, saying that God will “forgive” them as long as they behave morally and live according to their consciences.

I believe eating babies is good for the soul. Does that give me a chance with this god?  :)

PS I don't understand how this approach will bring more people to the Catholic church?

Edit ----
thought I had to add a smilie.
Eating babies is ok as long as you don't sleep with a man if you are a man

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 08:47:01 PM »
God will “forgive” them as long as they behave morally and live according to their consciences

Well, that's Pascal's Wager dead, buried, and cremated  :angel:
Git mit uns

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +96/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 12:27:32 AM »
God will “forgive” them as long as they behave morally and live according to their consciences

Well, that's Pascal's Wager dead, buried, and cremated  :angel:
Only if you are Catholic....the rest of the nutbars don't listen to the pope

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 01:13:15 AM »
Only if you are Catholic....the rest of the nutbars don't listen to the pope
;D But Pascal's Wager was originally brought to us by a Roman Catholic (albeit a bit of a rogue Jansenist variety RC) - wouldn't it be hypocritical of other Christian brands to deny the Pope's wisdom in blowing it away?  After centuries of papal reflection and hotline conversations with God?  :angel:
Git mit uns

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 01:50:43 AM »
I think it will just turn most Catholics who do not "practice" their religion away from the church even more.

Yes this!  Why would anyone put in the effort to adhere to all the impractical Catholic rules and ideas that are clearly out of step with modern society?
Why confess to a bunch of sins you don't actually feel bad about? :?  Like doing contraception, supporting gay rights, saying Goddammit! etc ... Check out the full list here:
http://www.followthissite.com/list-of-sins.php

Opting out of Catholicism is definitely the safest way for Catholics to get to heaven now  :angel:

Expect a Papal backflip soon folks :?
Git mit uns

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +257/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 03:55:14 PM »
I think it will just turn most Catholics who do not "practice" their religion away from the church even more.

I disagree, I think it is not to show a nasty face to the Catholic who do have children, siblings, parents, etc and doom them to hell...which might make those who are still good Catholic go "Why do I want to be part of this?" otherwise.

It is a concession to a that it isn't a "Catholics Only" world that Catholic live in. Basicly treating us like they started to treat Baptists in 1920.

An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.