Author Topic: Very disturbing. Consider yourself warned.  (Read 600 times)

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Re: Very disturbing. Consider yourself warned.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »
But they respect women...I have heard them state that many times.  The new wife just did not know how to please her husband.

(These people are really sick...how can any culture develop to the point where this is seen as acceptable?)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +56/-0
  • IXNAY
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 09:05:03 PM »
Tragic - if true.  It's the Daily Caller ... I'd want independent verification before taking anything from them seriously.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 09:11:33 PM »
Tragic - if true.  It's the Daily Caller ... I'd want independent verification before taking anything from them seriously.

From the Huffington Post (UK)[1]
Bride Aged 8 Dies After Suffering Internal Sexual Injuries During Wedding Night With Man, 40
Sara C Nelson Huffington Post UKSep 09, 2013
UPDATE: Yemeni officials and journalists are saying the reports that an 8-year-old girl allegedly died of vaginal tearing on her wedding night are false, according to a report in Dubai-based news site Gulf News.

An eight-year-old Yemeni girl has died of internal sexual injuries after spending her wedding night with a husband five times her age.

The girl, identified as Rawan, is believed to have suffered tearing of her genitals and a uterine rupture, Kuwaiti daily newspaper Al Watan reports.

It says Kuwaiti activists have called for action against the man, who is 40, as well as the girl’s family for allowing the marriage.

The girl died in the tribal area of Hardh in northwestern Yemen, which borders Saudi Arabia.

Gulf News quotes blogger Angry Man as posting the husband is “an animal who deserved to be punished severely for his crime.”

“All those who supported such a crime should also be punished,” he added.

Al Bawaba reports over a quarter of young girls in Yemen are married before the age of 15.

It adds the country passed a law in February 2009 setting the minimum age of marriage at 17, but that it was repealed after conservative lawmakers declared it “un-Islamic”.

In 2010 a 13-year-old Yemeni girl who was forced into an arranged marriage died five days after her wedding when she suffered an internal rupture, a local human rights organisation said.

Ilham Mahdi al Assi died in Yemen's Hajja province, the Shaqaeq Arab Forum for Human Rights told the AFP in a statement quoting a medical report.

According to a World Vision study released in March, more child brides are being led into arranged marriages due to an increase in global poverty and crises.

Parents who live in fear of natural disasters, political instability and financial ruin look to arranged marriages as a way to save their struggling families.

Every day, 39,000 girls younger than 18 will marry, according to the World Health Organisation.

-Nam
 1. I can't link on my phone this site
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Jontom10

• Graduate
  • Darwins +14/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 05:14:46 PM »
Horrible.

Moving video highlights it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BibJ_r7BtKg
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »
sick... following the prophet's lead...
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 09:07:20 PM »
I am preparing for my daughter's 7th birthday party.  Her choice was a bouncy house. 

Her eighth birthday is already planned.  I've had it planned for years.  Since she will be such a big girl, we will invite a few special friends, and sleep over in the Museum of Natural History.  This is one of those things that I dreamed about as I planned to become a mother. 

One of the other things that I have dreamed about is mother/daughter space camp.  You can attend the family weekends with kids as young as 7.  We've talked about it, and she really wants to do it.  But as I do my research, it seems so grown up.  We might wait a couple of years, so that she is old enough to really enjoy it.

This evening, she called me into her room an hour after she was supposed to be asleep.  She wanted to go over tomorrow's plans.  She starts after school tomorrow.  The same, wonderful program she has attended since kindergarten, in the same site where she went to preschool.  She wanted to know if I was going to be there when the bus dropped her off.  I told her that one of the assistant teachers would meet her at the bus, and take her to her classroom.  She asked what she should do if the teacher isn't there.  And the bus schedules are kind of messed up right now, in the aftermath of budget cuts and combined routes.  But the teacher should be there.  If the teacher isn't there, just go inside.  Go right to your room.  You're in Room 2 again this year.  But what if they aren't there, mommy?  They'll be there honey.  But what if they're not?  Then ask the lady at the front desk honey.  She'll tell you where you need to go.  But they are going to be in room 2, ok? 

The baby is gone.  But she is such a little thing.  She is so dependent, so appropriately dependent, on the adults in her life. 

The idea of her, a year from now,[1] the idea of her one short year from now, being sexually abused by a 40 year old man who calls himself her husband, that idea is so offensive and disgusting to me.

My heart aches for this innocent little girl who died such an ugly death.  And my heart aches for all the little girls whose childhood is stolen from them. 
 1. the age that I have deemed appropriate for a big sleepover in the museum with friends

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 09:21:11 PM »
I am feeling militant  >:(
Git mit uns

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +101/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 09:46:13 PM »
I am feeling militant  >:(

I'm right there with ya.  I'd love nothing better than to be able to punch this jackhole until my arms got tired--then move on to kicks.
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Online jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +434/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »
FYI:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/10/yemen-8-year-old-girl-death_n_3899712.html?ir=UK
http://m.gulfnews.com/news/gulf/yemen/wedding-night-death-of-girl-8-denied-in-yemen-1.1229149

I guess I'm still a little unclear on the veracity of the story right now.  Will need more information - I'm emotionally affected enough by the content of the news story that I need to be a bit extra-cautious.

But I want to point something out:

From this Gulf News article:
Ahmad Al Qurishi, the head of SEYAJ Organisation for Childhood Protection...
...Al Qurishi accused some people of using the controversial issue of underage marriage in Yemen “for their own interests”.
I guess I'm bugged that the head of an organization for childhood protection should even think that 'underage marriage' is at all controversial.  I mean, yeah, there are assholes and immoral shits who think that arranged underage marriage is a good thing, but those idiot-fuckbags spouting backwards, ill-informed, un-educated, un-compassionate bullshit does not make it a 'controversial' issue.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 04:32:58 PM »
The Yemeni's are denying it. Doesn't mean it isn't true, nor that it is. If you're so unsure, do more research in the matter.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.