Author Topic: Does God get a fail in the love category?  (Read 7342 times)

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
Re: Does God get a fail in the love category?
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2013, 02:39:05 AM »
In the beginning or birth of the C C,  the first consciousness of the first true man to die, ---- that we will say is a P C in this scenario,  found himself somehow uploaded into the hardware and software of a mainframe computer. The software of the mainframe was blank and the first P C in that reality now becomes the proud owner of the C C/mainframe and becomes the mainframe as there is no one else there to take ownership.

From there, when the second P C to upload joins, merges and or melds with it, --- while still maintaining it's own individuality, they can now both say that in effect, they are the mainframe as they are completely equal. And so on and so on as more P Cs come in.

So you not only felt all living minds, you also felt all the billions of deceased minds throughout history as distinct individuals?

And actually, you didn't answer my question.  Is the Cosmic Con itself sentient?  To put it another way, is there a "thought" that the Con can have, that is not generated by the sum of the parts?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
In the beginning or birth of the C C,  the first consciousness of the first true man to die, ---- that we will say is a P C in this scenario,  found himself somehow uploaded into the hardware and software of a mainframe computer. The software of the mainframe was blank and the first P C in that reality now becomes the proud owner of the C C/mainframe and becomes the mainframe as there is no one else there to take ownership.

From there, when the second P C to upload joins, merges and or melds with it, --- while still maintaining it's own individuality, they can now both say that in effect, they are the mainframe as they are completely equal. And so on and so on as more P Cs come in.

So you not only felt all living minds, you also felt all the billions of deceased minds throughout history as distinct individuals?

And actually, you didn't answer my question.  Is the Cosmic Con itself sentient?  To put it another way, is there a "thought" that the Con can have, that is not generated by the sum of the parts?

I did not have time to count them. There were many is all I can say.

This is an assumption on my part.

To your last. Not that I know of from what I gleaned. The mechanism that houses the C C is not a thinking machine without man's consciousness to inhabit it. Like a house with no one living in it.

Seems I should revise what I said earlier of the mainframe having hardware and software. It would have been more like just hardware waiting for the software that was the first man or woman to reach it.

Regards
DL

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2013, 06:55:51 AM »
Is the Cosmic Con itself sentient?  To put it another way, is there a "thought" that the Con can have, that is not generated by the sum of the parts?
To your last. Not that I know of from what I gleaned. The mechanism that houses the C C is not a thinking machine without man's consciousness to inhabit it. Like a house with no one living in it.

Seems I should revise what I said earlier of the mainframe having hardware and software. It would have been more like just hardware waiting for the software that was the first man or woman to reach it.

So your statement
It (the CC) is definitely sentient and aware.

is not correct?
It is definitely sentient and aware.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2013, 07:55:13 AM »
Without man/the software, the hardware was not thinking or sentient. After the first human consciousness reached it and melded with it, it changed to a thinking sentient entity.

This is an assumption based on my perceptions while there. I was not there at the beginning and could be all wrong.

Regards
DL
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:58:45 AM by Greatest I am »

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2013, 08:17:36 AM »
So does the CC has thoughts of its own independant from the brains inside it?

I feel like I'm going round in circles here - does the CC have thoughts and goals independant of the minds allegedly contained within it?

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • Residential Tulpamancer.
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »
Okay, I am a tad bit confused, what is this...Cosmic conscience?

Greatest, can you explain?

Thanks in advance.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2013, 08:57:31 AM »

I feel like I'm going round in circles here - does the CC have thoughts and goals independant of the minds allegedly contained within it?

Not that I know of. I think it activated only after the first human consciousness found itself there.

If it had software at the beginning then the answer would be yes but if it had blank software or none at all, which is what I assume, then no; it never had independent though or sentience on it's own.

If we go in circles it is because you want exact information that I do not have.

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #123 on: September 30, 2013, 08:58:50 AM »
Okay, I am a tad bit confused, what is this...Cosmic conscience?

Greatest, can you explain?

Thanks in advance.

Start reading at about page 2.

Regards
DL

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #124 on: September 30, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »
Aha, so this CC is a consolidation of every human mind?
Dead?
Alive?
Both?

What exactly is this CC for?
What does it do?
How does this mean god?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #125 on: September 30, 2013, 09:25:14 AM »
Dead?
Alive?
Both?

What does it do?
How does this mean god?

Initially I believed that they were a consolidation of those that had passed. If you say that Wormhole clip, it seems to point to the consciousness or subconsciousness if there is such a thing of the living.

Because the people in that experiment did not feel the pain and pleasures I did, I do not think that they are finding what I did.

The C C is not God but I think it is what the shaman found and then gave it all kind of attributes that I did not find. Omni this and Omni that to me is just the old churches having their Gods having a pissing contest.

That is why I use the word Godhead and not God. The word God has been corrupted and is now too stupid to use.

It does not do anything but think from what I can see and does not initiate contact but only waits for use to find it while alive or join it when dead.

Regards
DL

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #126 on: September 30, 2013, 10:01:25 AM »
The word God has been corrupted and is now too stupid to use.

That is remarkable! That the God (or whatever) would do nothing to repair its own reputation except leave it to a few special humans to decide it needs a clean slate.  While providing no clear unambiguous guidance.  Just a vague plee for a fresh start to more make-believe.

I'm not saying I've got the ultimate "I've been there" story GIa - your personal experience is probably entirely different to mine. But after my crisis of faith within a religion I went through a phase of clinging white-knuckled to the concept of deity that might be divorced from the stupidity of religion. I prayed and begged for contact, for a sign, that I might know.  Nothing came!  I searched for physical evidence of a deity - perhaps something that might be right under my nose if only I open my eyes to it - but found the exact opposite in copious amounts!  Random suffering. Errant scriptures containing vile morals and inconsistent versions of God. Liars and charlatans parasiting off the faithful in every religion. People faking faith. Pascals Wager. Excusiology. Fear. Exploitation. No evidence.
Git mit uns

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #127 on: September 30, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »
Dead?
Alive?
Both?

What does it do?
How does this mean god?

Initially I believed that they were a consolidation of those that had passed. If you say that Wormhole clip, it seems to point to the consciousness or subconsciousness if there is such a thing of the living.

Because the people in that experiment did not feel the pain and pleasures I did, I do not think that they are finding what I did.

The C C is not God but I think it is what the shaman found and then gave it all kind of attributes that I did not find. Omni this and Omni that to me is just the old churches having their Gods having a pissing contest.

That is why I use the word Godhead and not God. The word God has been corrupted and is now too stupid to use.

It does not do anything but think from what I can see and does not initiate contact but only waits for use to find it while alive or join it when dead.

Regards
DL

So this "CC" is a deity, no?
Is it capable of anything?

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »
The word God has been corrupted and is now too stupid to use.

That is remarkable! That the God (or whatever) would do nothing to repair its own reputation except leave it to a few special humans to decide it needs a clean slate.  While providing no clear unambiguous guidance.  Just a vague plee for a fresh start to more make-believe.

I'm not saying I've got the ultimate "I've been there" story GIa - your personal experience is probably entirely different to mine. But after my crisis of faith within a religion I went through a phase of clinging white-knuckled to the concept of deity that might be divorced from the stupidity of religion. I prayed and begged for contact, for a sign, that I might know.  Nothing came!  I searched for physical evidence of a deity - perhaps something that might be right under my nose if only I open my eyes to it - but found the exact opposite in copious amounts!  Random suffering. Errant scriptures containing vile morals and inconsistent versions of God. Liars and charlatans parasiting off the faithful in every religion. People faking faith. Pascals Wager. Excusiology. Fear. Exploitation. No evidence.

You might want to change your focus from opening your eyes to it to opening your single eye to it if you feel you have a spiritual side.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

If it was easy my friend, I would not be the only one I know who claims apotheosis. I would like to give you the key to it but I am not even sure of why I was able to do it. There is nothing special about me except for my desire those many years ago now.

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2013, 11:15:18 AM »
Dead?
Alive?
Both?

What does it do?
How does this mean god?

Regards
DL

So this "CC" is a deity, no?
Is it capable of anything?

Deity. No.

It is capable of thought. If anything else, I was not made aware of it.

Regards
DL

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2013, 11:18:56 AM »
Deity. No.

Regards
DL

So this CC.
Where does it reside?
What thoughts does it have?
Is it sentient, sapient?
Does it have emotions?

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2013, 11:36:05 AM »
Deity. No.

Regards
DL

So this CC.
Where does it reside?
What thoughts does it have?
Is it sentient, sapient?
Does it have emotions?

That clip from The Wormhole seems to indicate it might be in our electro magnetic shield.

It is sentient, sapient, has emotion and thinks whatever it likes. I did not get it's itinerary.

Regards
DL

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +645/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »
That clip from The Wormhole seems to indicate it might be in our electro magnetic shield.

Our what?

edit:

Will we have to use proton torpedoes to get through it, or will our blasters work?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 01:06:05 PM by screwtape »
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »

Our what?

edit:

Will we have to use proton torpedoes to get through it, or will our blasters work?

Regards
DL

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2013, 07:43:28 AM »

Not that I know of.

It is capable of thought.

Contradictory, much? 

THIS is why we are going in circles, because you flip from one opinion to the other every couple responses.

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »
You are getting lost in your own questions.

"So does the CC has thoughts of its own"

As a single entity, the correct answer is I do not know.

As a coalition it is.

You are just busy trying to find flaw. Thank you for the interest.

Only new questions shall I field. I do not have time for your games.

Regards
DL

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »

As a coalition it is.

Regards
DL

Why must this CC exist?
Why is it there?
What made it?
Did it make itself naturally?
How do you know it exists?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #137 on: October 02, 2013, 03:14:05 AM »

As a coalition it is.

GIA, there isn't a single game going on here.  I'm just trying to understand your point of view.  You've said that the CC is "sentient" - I'm trying to establish what you mean by that - I honestly don't know what you mean. 

I'm sorry if you are feeling under pressure, but you've made some claims here that do not appear to make sense.  I'm trying to narrow down what exactly you mean.  If the answer to everything really is "I don't know" then that's fine.  But if you are claiming you DO know something, then I think it is only reasonable for me to try to understand what exactly it is that you are claiming as knowledge, yes?

"As a coalition it has thoughts of its own" - what does that actually mean?  Do you mean that there are thoughts produced by the CC that are not being thought by any of the individuals within it?  Or do you mean that the thoughts coming out of the CC are simply echoes of individual thoughts being thought by the individuals within it?  If the latter, what (if anything) is the CC adding to the process?

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +53/-14
« Reply #138 on: October 02, 2013, 08:13:50 AM »
GIA,

I am not sure if you answered this.

How do you leap from your ESP experience to the CC?

What makes you feel as if this CC is an entity not some natural ability some humans have.

you go from (I felt what my woman was feeling in the other room and she sensed it as well)  to (the universe is intelligent)

If ESP is real, why do you feel it is not just some innate capability created by evolution, and no bigger than the individuals with this ability?

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »

As a coalition it is.

Regards
DL

Why must this CC exist?
Why is it there?
What made it?
Did it make itself naturally?
How do you know it exists?

1. I see no reason why the C C (must) exists. It just does.
2. I don't know. Why not?
3. It was created inadvertently by nature.
4. Yes. One could say that. I would say it was more nature that did the creating.
5. I found it.

Regards
DL

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2013, 10:29:42 AM »

As a coalition it is.

GIA, there isn't a single game going on here.  I'm just trying to understand your point of view.  You've said that the CC is "sentient" - I'm trying to establish what you mean by that - I honestly don't know what you mean. 

The individuals within it all have sentience. I do not think it can be said that the C C has sentience as a single entity. I think I could have said yes when there was only the one mind within it.

I'm sorry if you are feeling under pressure, but you've made some claims here that do not appear to make sense.  I'm trying to narrow down what exactly you mean.  If the answer to everything really is "I don't know" then that's fine.  But if you are claiming you DO know something, then I think it is only reasonable for me to try to understand what exactly it is that you are claiming as knowledge, yes?

Sure. Recognizing that I was there for only seconds.

"As a coalition it has thoughts of its own" - what does that actually mean?

It means that it can form a consensus and have that consensus become a part of the collectives belief system.

Do you mean that there are thoughts produced by the CC that are not being thought by any of the individuals within it?

No. The C C does not have an over-mind.
If I can call it that.
No one mind is running the C C.

Or do you mean that the thoughts coming out of the CC are simply echoes of individual thoughts being thought by the individuals within it?

Yes.

If the latter, what (if anything) is the CC adding to the process?

It adds nothing. It is a house so to speak and it is the minds inside who do the adding.

It is like us and the web. We can get info from others in it but the web itself does nothing on it's own.

Regards
DL

MODEDIT - sorted quotes.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:25:16 AM by Anfauglir »

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2013, 10:40:47 AM »
GIA,

I am not sure if you answered this.

How do you leap from your ESP experience to the CC?

I was forced to by finding the C C. Before that experience the only telepathy I was aware of was one mind to one mind. I had no belief in a C C until I found it.

What makes you feel as if this CC is an entity not some natural ability some humans have.

I gave it it's own reality because it had it's own information that was independent from my own.

you go from (I felt what my woman was feeling in the other room and she sensed it as well)  to (the universe is intelligent)

At no time have I given the universe any intelligence. Like nature, it does what it does without the ability to think. From what we know right now in any case.

If ESP is real, why do you feel it is not just some innate capability created by evolution, and no bigger than the individuals with this ability?

I think it is just one of our natural and innate capabilities. We just seldom use it and I attribute that to privacy.

Being able to do this does not make one larger than anyone else. While in the C C one could say he is larger but only n the sense that larger information can be had while there.

In that sense, I can be larger than some by just walking around with an encyclopedia under my arm.

Hardly a boost for the ego that.

Regards
DL
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 10:57:49 AM by Greatest I am »

Offline median

• Reader
  • Darwins +201/-16
  • Yahweh: Obviously not obvious.
    • Talk Origins
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »

Believers see God as the greatest lover of mankind yet he does no works or deeds to show us that he loves us.   

The bold above is why I changed from a believer to a non-believer.

Me too, among other reasons. There simply is no good reason for thinking there is a loving God anywhere. The universe is exactly as we would expect it to be if there was no loving designer doing anything.

Regarding God's "nature" (and the alleged unconditional love), if one says God's nature is love they are immediately thrown into a logically vapid tautology because when we point out the massive Hitler type killings God allegedly commanded - when we note the genocide, infanticide, rape, and human sacrifice this deity was OK with, the deity promoter must then lump-in those actions into "God's loving nature" (aka - No matter what God does, God is God). Thus, the meaning of the statement, "God is love" is fundamentally synonymous with "God is God" - and this statement tells us nothing about anything. It is no different from saying, "Blark is Blark"

The vicious circle of religion and God belief must be broken if we are to have peace.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:20:32 AM by median »
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Carl Sagan

Offline Angus and Alexis

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2013, 11:08:35 AM »
4. Yes. One could say that. I would say it was more nature that did the creating.
5. I found it.

Regards
DL

How did you find this "CC"?
What type of presence did you feel. see etc?

Offline Greatest I am

• Graduate
  • Darwins +9/-6
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2013, 12:30:55 PM »
5. I found it.

Regards
DL

How did you find this "CC"?
What type of presence did you feel. see etc?

A type of meditation is a good analogy to what I did. The link above shows what I recommend.

It was found by my using telepathy and what I felt/heard at the mental level were many minds.

Regards
DL