Author Topic: Christianity sells the solution for a problem created by itself  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
Re: Christianity sells the solution for a problem created by itself
« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2013, 01:08:19 AM »
If this world is only in the mind, why can't I fly, cast a Fireball spell, or instantly make Myself taller, thinner, younger, or even turn into a dragon?

Clearly you haven't earned enough XP to hit level 5 (for Fly and Fireball).  Shapechange is a 9th level spell, you've got a LONG way to go for that one![/thread derailment]

I guess I'm more ADD than AD&D.  Maybe I should sit down in a quiet corner of the dungeon and actually study that fireball sp...  Oh, look!  A rust monster!    ;D
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2013, 07:44:57 AM »
If this world is only in the mind, why can't I fly, cast a Fireball spell, or instantly make Myself taller, thinner, younger, or even turn into a dragon?

Faith.  That's the thing, and its the reason why no Christians, ever, have ever been able to move a mountain.  Because their faith is far, far too small, smaller even than a mustard seed.

Its why heaven is empty.  No Christian has enough faith to change reality, ergo not enough faith for salvation.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Online xyzzy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +48/-0
  • "Nothing happens"
    • xyzzy
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2013, 02:56:35 PM »
Faith.  That's the thing, and its the reason why no Christians, ever, have ever been able to move a mountain.  Because their faith is far, far too small, smaller even than a mustard seed.

Its why heaven is empty.  No Christian has enough faith to change reality, ergo not enough faith for salvation.

But, you are forgetting China - by the moving mountains standard - the most Christian nation on earth.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/06/china-flatten-mountain-lanzhou-new-area

And, of course, a YouTube video:

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool -- Richard Feynman
You are in a maze of twisty little religions, all alike -- xyzzy