Author Topic: List of Illnesses Prayer Cannot Cure  (Read 882 times)

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
List of Illnesses Prayer Cannot Cure
« on: September 08, 2013, 07:23:50 AM »
Have we got a list anywhere of diseases, illnesses or afflictions that prayer cannot cure? Such as Down's Syndrome, limbless, etc?
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: List of Illnesses Prayer Cannot Cure
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 07:29:50 AM »
Lists of diseasesWiki.
Serious post.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 07:58:01 AM »
Yeah, I know it cures nothing, but I'm looking for a list that theists have no option but to accept, Down's Syndrome for example
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 07:58:55 AM »
Microcephaly  :blank:
Git mit uns

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 08:03:21 AM »
Ear hair.

Git mit uns

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 08:06:08 AM »
Ostrich foot:

Git mit uns

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 08:30:22 AM »
Cape Town Passion Gap:

Git mit uns

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 12:27:03 PM »
Those are vampires.  They don't need cured.  They are already dead.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-37
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 12:56:43 PM »
Yeah, I know it cures nothing, but I'm looking for a list that theists have no option but to accept, Down's Syndrome for example

Ah. Then none. Theists will always have some excuse ready in case prayer fails (which is all the time, save for coincidences, where, to theists, it appears to work).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:01:27 PM by One Above All »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +333/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 08:03:05 PM »
All diseases can be cured by prayer except all diseases that actually can't which are all diseases.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 03:49:04 AM »
My left eye.  Its got nerve damage which ain't going to heal itself.

Every time a believer comes here saying his prayers heal people, I invite them to heal my eye.  So far their score is zero.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-14
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »

Every time a believer comes here saying his prayers heal people, I invite them to heal my eye.  So far their score is zero.

Ahhh, but eye damage can be healed by prayer because people can't see the damage.  Blindness can be psychological, it can be caused by tempory inflamation of the brain or a lie.   It is easy to make the claim that you were healed with no outward facing evidence. 

Offline Star Stuff

• Darwins +151/-4
  • Carbon-based life form.
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 09:50:25 PM »
Have we got a list anywhere of diseases, illnesses or afflictions that prayer cannot cure?

All of them.
God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 08:42:45 AM »

Ahhh, but eye damage can be healed by prayer because people can't see the damage.  Blindness can be psychological, it can be caused by tempory inflamation of the brain or a lie.   It is easy to make the claim that you were healed with no outward facing evidence.

I know mine isn't psychological - I've seen the photo enlargements that compare it to my healthy eye.  But you're correct - I would not accept a healing like my eye being healed in someone else as evidence that prayer works. 

However, I would absolutely accept it as evidence if my eye suddenly healed itself - that is the point I put to all the theists who come here saying "I pray, and healings happen!".  I'm asking them to demonstrate that talent or gift in a situation where no coincidence or natural process is possible.....and they all fade away as soon as I do so.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »
My father was diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease) back in the early 90's.  When he was first diagnosed the doctor told him he would probably die within a few years if not before.  Since then I've personally seen many friends and family, numerous ministers, a Catholic priest, and a congregation of Pentecostals who anointed him with oil, all pray for him to be cured.  He's also told me of other friends that have prayed with him to be cured and feel God's love.  Even though he has made it well beyond the few years he was told he would live, he still continues to show the signs that the disease is still progressing. He's constantly tired, his left arm twitches a lot, and he's been starting to get a limp.  I told him once to find a new god to pray to to see if that one would cure him, but he just laughed. 
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline epidemic

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +61/-14
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »
My father was diagnosed with Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease) back in the early 90's.  When he was first diagnosed the doctor told him he would probably die within a few years if not before.  Since then I've personally seen many friends and family, numerous ministers, a Catholic priest, and a congregation of Pentecostals who anointed him with oil, all pray for him to be cured.  He's also told me of other friends that have prayed with him to be cured and feel God's love.  Even though he has made it well beyond the few years he was told he would live, he still continues to show the signs that the disease is still progressing. He's constantly tired, his left arm twitches a lot, and he's been starting to get a limp.  I told him once to find a new god to pray to to see if that one would cure him, but he just laughed.

what an aweful disease...  Who came up with the idea for ALS?

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »

Hah!  Prayer, my eye!!  :-)
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-37
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 02:39:48 PM »
Have we got a list anywhere of diseases, illnesses or afflictions that prayer cannot cure?

All of them.

Too late, Star Stuff. Check the first reply to this thread.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Boots

• Reader
  • Darwins +100/-0
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 06:01:18 PM »
Prayer doesn't cure stupidity (in fact, it exacerbates it...)
It's one of the reasons I'm an atheist today.  I decided to take my religion seriously, and that's when it started to fall apart for me.
~jdawg70

Offline Jonny-UK

• Graduate
  • Darwins +31/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2013, 04:10:31 PM »
Religion itself is a pretty nasty infection. It makes people delusional, disables the logic circuits in the brain and can cause the host to actively try to infect other victims.
Prayer seems to feed this condition rather than cure it.
"Do I look like someone who cares what god thinks" - pinhead

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +406/-8
  • Ex-rosary squad
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »
Prayer does cure one particular illness, and rather effectively to boot.  I believe that the technical term for it is FeellikeIshoulddosomethingtohelpanddonotfeellikeactuallydoinganythingbutwanttofeellikeIdid-itis.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline Star Stuff

• Darwins +151/-4
  • Carbon-based life form.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 04:41:28 PM »

God is an Imaginary Friend for Grown-ups

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 01:49:46 AM »
Wow, I'd never heard of ostrich foot before. That's definitely an odd one.  :o

I'd love it if someone could pray away my toenail fungus. Do that and I'm a believer. Decades of this damned stuff. The only thing that came close was meds, which required regular blood tests to ensure that my liver wasn't getting damaged. After a year I had clear nails, until we stopped the meds. Within a few short months it was growing back. Actually, chemo seemed to help it a little bit, but now its seemingly worse than ever. Grrrrr.

So, those of you who believe in spontaneous cures, please get on with it. I will be eternally grateful.  ;)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.