Author Topic: The Dream Detective  (Read 820 times)

Offline blue_spiral

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • She died in ecstasy, with her eyes wide open
The Dream Detective
« on: September 08, 2013, 03:30:42 AM »
I was "debating" (more like being insulted repeatedly while I asked questions) with a crazy lady online and she told me her proof of god was a book by Gary Schwartz based on scientific tests he did with Christopher Robinson aka "The dream detective." Snazzy name, no?

I tried to google them and didn't find much. I found a cheaply made website offering psychic readings.

I promised her I would read their book if she read at least ten "proofs" from godisimaginary.com

Her daughter said she read some of the site, and while she said she "disagreed" there was definitely some thinking going on and that's awesome.

Have you heard of this "indisputable, scientifically proven, evidence for god" and what do you know about it?

Yes, I know it's hilarious and silly to even dignify her insanity this way, but, it might be good for a laugh.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 03:33:33 AM by blue_spiral »
"i dont delete them becAUSE IT PROVES ME WRONG I DELETE THEM BECAUSE IT MAKES U LOOK LIKE AN DIOT AND? IM TRYING TO HELP YOU,THE ONLY THING U PROVED IS THAT UR GOING TO HELL " - A Christian on youtube who kept deleting my comments during a debate.

Offline blue_spiral

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
Re: The Dream Detective
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 02:17:17 PM »

So, I guess nobody knows?
"i dont delete them becAUSE IT PROVES ME WRONG I DELETE THEM BECAUSE IT MAKES U LOOK LIKE AN DIOT AND? IM TRYING TO HELP YOU,THE ONLY THING U PROVED IS THAT UR GOING TO HELL " - A Christian on youtube who kept deleting my comments during a debate.

Offline Zankuu

• Reader
  • Darwins +135/-3
    • I am a Forum Guide
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:25:58 PM »
Never heard of this guy. He claims he predicted 9/11.

Here's an appeal to belief, per his site:

"We must now consider why it is that science and church alike seem to want to ignore this phenomena and in particular the evidence. We must consider that the beliefs of billions of religious people may be wrong. We must ask the question is God real or not."

Seems legit. I wonder if he also does palm readings.
Leave nothing to chance. Overlook nothing. Combine contradictory observations. Allow yourself enough time. -Hippocrates of Cos

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +553/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »
Here's another "Dream Detective". Do you have lots of money? Well, you can be told a load of bullshit for a large part of it. http://www.thedreamdetective.com/

However, if you want a dream detective who is less presentable than the above but will still take your money, and is called Christopher Robinson, you add a hyphen and get http://www.dream-detective.com/ which has the hallmarks of the tin-foil hat site: large, multicoloured fonts on weird backgrounds, wild claims, strange histories, lunatic claims, etc. This is the sign of mental illness. However, schizophrenia need not be a bar to making money, as long as other people do not know that, untreated, it will lead to a complete misinterpretation of the evidence.

In the final paragraph, in bright yellow bold, there are the words, " Energy therefore exists but does not have a mass." to which you will respond "E=mc2 and what does the "m" stand for?"

An intellect like this needs the publicity he deserves -> none.

Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 05:26:43 PM »
Never heard of this guy. He claims he predicted 9/11.

Here's an appeal to belief, per his site:

"We must now consider why it is that science and church alike seem to want to ignore this phenomena and in particular the evidence. We must consider that the beliefs of billions of religious people may be wrong. We must ask the question is God real or not."

Seems legit. I wonder if he also does palm readings.

The problem with what he says there is, only his god is the real/true god, and that doesn't equate to "billions of people in belief" in his eyes.

Only when it comes to statistics against the dreaded "atheist", do they include those false gods/religions.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline blue_spiral

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 02:48:57 AM »
I read the section about "true skepticism" on that site thedreamdetective.com

My conclusion was that it was an elaborate and complicated way of saying, "if you believe me, you're a true skeptic. If you don't believe me, you're not."

I've noticed people like that take a long time to say something simple to distract from the bullshit core of the message. Is there a term for that? I'm not thinking of it. My aunt does it a lot lol.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 02:51:32 AM by blue_spiral »

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +411/-5
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 03:31:56 AM »
I was "debating" (more like being insulted repeatedly while I asked questions) with a crazy lady online and she told me her proof of god was a book by Gary Schwartz based on scientific tests he did with Christopher Robinson aka "The dream detective."

Wikipedia lists 8 books by Schwartz, none of which were co-authored by Robinson - so I guess he was just a featured person in one of the books.

Schwartz, BTW, has written a book with Deepak Chopra, with immediately tends to put me off reading anything of his.  I guess I must not be a "true skeptic".
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-8
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 02:25:53 PM »
I read the section about "true skepticism" on that site thedreamdetective.com

My conclusion was that it was an elaborate and complicated way of saying, "if you believe me, you're a true skeptic. If you don't believe me, you're not."

I've noticed people like that take a long time to say something simple to distract from the bullshit core of the message. Is there a term for that? I'm not thinking of it. My aunt does it a lot lol.

It is the shift I've seen in my lifetime. The term "Open minded" once meant; "abandon your preconceptions and look at the evidence." However the meaning seems to have shifted to;  "Abandoned the evidence and accept MY preconceptions"

Looks like they are gunning for the word skeptic too.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.