Author Topic: Does any Christian have proof that snakes can't harm you?  (Read 147 times)

Offline Lectus

• Graduate
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • The messiah of mental freedom
Does any Christian have proof that snakes can't harm you?
« on: October 30, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »
This is your chance to prove your God is real.

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
Luke 10:19
Religion: The belief that an all powerful God or gods created the entire universe so that we tiny humans can be happy. And we also make war about it.

Online Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Does any Christian have proof that snakes can't harm you?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »
You're taking that line out of context. If only you could open your heart to Jesus you'd see that he loves you. We are all sinners, and it is Satan that makes you read the book that way. Because you don't love God and you have pushed Him away, that allows Satan to mislead you. Satan places disinformation in front of you, in every part of your life; a slogan on an advertising board, some text on the wall behind a character of your favourite TV series, some innocent talk on the bus to work. Satan and his demons never stop trying to turn you against God.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 02:56:22 PM by Ron Jeremy »
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Online Ron Jeremy

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 02:55:33 PM »
What was it a Christian argued with me about that? Ah yes, "Jesus was only referring to his disciples. Only his disciples can drink poison! Now sing along with me! La! la! la! I can't hear you! La! La! La! I can't hear you! L...."
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - An example of a clearly demonstrably false biblical 'prophesy'.

The biblical myth of a 6000 year old Earth is proven false by the Gaia satellite directly measuring star age.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 04:40:48 PM »
You're taking that line out of context.

Yes. That's all you needed to say.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline RubyLeo

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
Wouldn't a loving god make the "rules" perfectly clear? So all could understand?  So that the christian church wouldn't have to splinter off into a hundred or more directions because the bible is so confusing that NO ONE can agree on what certain books/passages/verses mean?

It's like a sick game - I think of the "Saw" movies - with god saying "do you want to play a game?" while believers scramble to try to make it through a scary, dangerous, confusing maze - but they are screwed if they make the wrong choice...
"Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true. "
~ Thomas Paine

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +275/-31
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 07:46:12 PM »
Jigsaw loves you.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.