Author Topic: Comments and Kudos [#699]  (Read 747 times)

Offline DL

Comments and Kudos [#699]
« on: November 20, 2008, 08:54:24 AM »
I love your articles, the are exact and definitive.  I fully agree with your views about how god was created by primitive people.  In today's day and age we have scientific proof that a lot of the bible is BS.  For instance Heaven and Hell being actual places.  In those days the had no way of reaching the clouds so the belief and portrayal is that god sits right above us.  Since then we have explored space and we know what is out there.  And Hell being portrayed as a fiery place beneath us, man has drilled and drilled but no hell has been found.  The primitive mindset is a perfect angle to explore when dis-spelling the bible and I think more should be put into that aspect.  Unfortunately, no matter what you say against god, they will fashion an excuse in his favor.  I believe that if there was a Jesus, he was surely a very charismatic charlatan, sort of like a magician with extraordinary physical skill for that time frame and mindset.  Keep up the great work, save our society from being dumbed-down.

[name]
[city]

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
Re: Comments and Kudos [#699]
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 09:09:39 AM »
Keep up the great work, save our society from being dumbed-down.

Thanks for the positive feedback.  I wonder if we're not too late though.  The Dumbening already seems to be well under way.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline GotMooo

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:36:31 AM »
I'm sure after a few couple hundred million more holy war deaths, we'll figure it out!   ;D

Offline chiefy

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 01:25:57 AM »
"In those days the had no way of reaching the clouds so the belief and portrayal is that god sits right above us.  Since then we have explored space and we know what is out there.  And Hell being portrayed as a fiery place beneath us, man has drilled and drilled but no hell has been found.  The primitive mindset is a perfect angle to explore when dis-spelling the bible and I think more should be put into that aspect.  Unfortunately, no matter what you say against god, they will fashion an excuse in his favor."

So, you're saying that the theories on alternate dimensions and realities are false too, right?

Offline Persian

• Graduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:40:43 AM »
nice bump.

Offline xphobe

• Professor
  • Darwins +12/-0
  • the truth is out there
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 08:54:45 AM »
wow, mailbag necro!   :o

I didn't read anything in the OP about alternate dimensions and realities.  But yeah that stuff is untestable too, so it's almost like a religion.  Or rather it would be, if people started cutting off the tips of their penises as a tribute to it.
I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is gonna be so pissed when they find out...

Offline deconvertedone

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • My dog isn't an atheist, he thinks I'm God.
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 07:14:22 PM »
That's a refreshing email, join the forum we would be glad to have you.
The memory of my own suffering has prevented me from ever shadowing one young soul with the superstition of the Christian religion.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton