Author Topic: "Re-growing limbs is simple." says scientist...  (Read 133 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Darwins +465/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
"Re-growing limbs is simple." says scientist...
« on: August 30, 2013, 09:02:01 AM »
Anything about curing amputees is news here.

Despite its dateline being today, "Regrowing human body parts: The dream comes within reach" is old news concerning the regeneration of limbs in fish and salamander (whom God loves.)

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/human-tissue-regeneration-its-just-over-horizon-6C10984423

Two things come from the story:

1. like every medical advance ever announced, this one too has no chance of being available for ten years. Why does the media do this? Why can't they simply wait until it is available, then announce it?

2. This superbly dumbed down sentence, "Just this month, researchers from the Gladstone Institutes showed that they could turn human scar tissue into electrically conductive tissue in a lab dish by fiddling with just a few key genes.

I love it!

by fiddling with just a few key genes. Oh, that's the answer to everything really... "I'll just go an make us a cup of coffee whilst you fiddle with just a few key genes and get that jellyfish to cure polio..."
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
Re: "Re-growing limbs is simple." says scientist...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 09:16:02 AM »
YHWH sits on his thumbs until science finally comes up with a fix to his created problems. Want to guess who gets the credit when the first person gets a regrown limb?  The thumbsitter - maybe something like this...?

"I wanna thank d'lawd for my new hand - if it were not for His almighty hand guiding these doctors while they fiddled with a few genes in a petrie dish I would never be able to resume my NASCAR career."

(smacketh to noggin'!)
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: "Re-growing limbs is simple." says scientist...
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 09:39:21 AM »
You know if we keep moving forward in science like this God can be outsourced or even replaced.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!