Author Topic: Payer vs. vaccination, hmm..  (Read 301 times)

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Payer vs. vaccination, hmm..
« on: August 26, 2013, 05:58:46 PM »
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Re: Payer vs. vaccination, hmm..
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 06:18:24 PM »
Haha ;D so the pastor admits there might be some "households" with more effective faith magic than his own:

senior pastor Terri Pearsons encouraged those who haven't been vaccinated to do so, while also noting if they think they've "got this covered in your household by faith" not to do it.

At least there's a contorted fragment of honesty  :angel: lurking in that sermon.

So sorry for the unvaccinated who have fallen ill - especially the kids who are victims of their parents wilful ignorance.
Git mit uns

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »
The real story here is the possibility of a preacher with some level of honesty.  Wow, how did he get into the preaching business?  He will burn out soon or maybe run out.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Mooby

• Reader
  • Darwins +71/-24
  • So it goes.
    • Is God Imaginary?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »
^ You mean "she?"
"I'm doing science and I'm still alive."--J.C.

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 04:33:15 AM »
^^ Good pick up Mooby - my sloppy again  ;)  I'm starting to realise I can't multi-task work and WWGHA  :D

More on the topic:
Eagle Mountain International Church reported. "We continue to follow up on pending and confirmed cases to help in any way we can to keep the outbreak contained. We ask that others join with us in prayer over this outbreak, and we believe that God is moving on behalf of each affected family."
http://www.christianpost.com/news/texas-measles-outbreak-linked-to-church-led-by-kenneth-copelands-daughter-infection-spread-to-congregation-staff-day-care-103057/

I'm a bit confused whether "moving" means God is fidgeting uncomfortably on the throne with each new case  :-\ or is actually the one infecting these people with measles? - maybe to get some sense into the population on the issue of vaccinations in general?
Git mit uns

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:27:24 AM »
She?  Well, that explains it.  Women are generally more caring/logical...I said generally.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!