Author Topic: keep getting this message  (Read 1353 times)

Offline jdawg70

• Reader
  • Darwins +339/-7
  • Ex-rosary squad
Re: keep getting this message
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 01:54:44 PM »
So...not exactly helpful[1], but:

[9/25/2013 2:14:15 PM] JavaScript - http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?action=post;topic=25354.0;last_msg=570783
Event thread: readystatechange
Uncaught exception: TypeError: 'XMLDoc.getElementsByTagName' is not a function
Error thrown at line 930, column 4 in onDocSent(XMLDoc) in http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?action=post;topic=25354.0;last_msg=570783:
    var preview = XMLDoc.getElementsByTagName('smf')[0].getElementsByTagName('preview')[0];
called via Function.prototype.call() from line 123, column 4 in <anonymous function: oSendDoc.onreadystatechange>() in http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/Themes/default/scripts/script.js?rc3:
    funcCallback.call(oCaller, false);

There appears to be a server-side error of some kind happening.  You guys are correct insofar as it probably has something to do with a post filter of some kind, but digging around the SMF v2.0 source code (and trying to open certain scripts directly on this server, resulting in it accusing me of a Hacking attempt...) isn't helping me figure out if a) a filter plugin is in effect and b) if that really is the cause.

Long story short...unless someone can do some server-side administration, there probably isn't anything that can be done.
 1. Actually, pretty much devoid of any helpfulness
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."
- Eddie Izzard

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 02:44:46 PM »
^^^^ I followed you up until "but"   :laugh:

I think this place is a ship adrift...  The server is called Mary Celeste
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +817/-5
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »
I have gotten this message but only when I try to post certain things. I did not think about the fact that maybe the site was filtering certain words or phrases.....
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2013, 08:22:24 AM »
Long story short...unless someone can do some server-side administration, there probably isn't anything that can be done.

Nobody here can.  We cannot even submit repair tickets to the host.  Only the owner can do that.  And he doesn't. 
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.