These are some of the criteria of how Christians interpret atheism as a religion, I probably should've posted this in the OP:
1. Christians believe in God and atheists do not. Atheists can't be an "atheist" without a god to not believe in therefore, atheists are religious. (there's a god, and atheists don't believe in it)
2. Materialism is their world-view, therefore they are religious.
3. They have a "Messiah": Charles Darwin. Therefore, atheists are religious.
4. They have leaders (most that come up are dead people like Nietzsche, Hitchens, Hitler, Lenin, Marx, Clemens
, Darwin, Maher, etc.,) therefore, they are religious.
5. They have apostasy (meaning when an atheist turns to Christianity, they say bad things about that person).
6. They have apostles (or evangelicals) like Dawkins, and Dennett (whoever s/he is) etc.,
7. They have Faith. To deny the One True God™ that is the Christian God takes faith. Therefore, they are religious.
8. Atheists believe that something created them. What is that something, you may ask? Nothing. That's right! Atheists believe that Nothing created them therefore, atheists are religious.
9. They have "scripture", and that scripture is Evolution therefore, atheists are religious.
If there's more, I either don't remember it or haven't heard/read it yet.