Author Topic: Missionary Position in N. Korea  (Read 591 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
Missionary Position in N. Korea
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:59:48 AM »
Take a look at this grinning lunatic who stars on MSNBC at http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/27/20218522-us-sending-envoy-to-north-korea-to-lobby-for-release-of-missionary?lite:

US sending envoy to North Korea to lobby for release of missionary

The U.S. is sending its special envoy for North Korean human rights issues to Pyongyang to seek the release of U.S. missionary Kenneth Bae, who's serving hard labor for allegedly trying to overthrow the regime of President Kim Jong-un.

In a brief statement Tuesday night, the State Department said it was "deeply concerned" about Bae, who was taken to a hospital this month after he lost more than 50 pounds. Relatives say he suffers from diabetes, an enlarged heart, liver problems and back pain*.

The State Department said the human rights envoy, Ambassador Robert King, will add an unscheduled stop Friday as part of a trip he is on in East Asia. A U.N. commission is in the region gathering testimony about alleged human rights abuses in North Korea.

"We urge the government of North Korea to grant special clemency to Mr. Bae immediately and allow him to return home with Ambassador King," the statement said.
Bae, 45, a Christian missionary and tour operator who has preached the reunification of the Koreas, was arrested in North Korea in November — becoming at least the sixth American to have been detained since 2009.

Bae was sentenced to 15 years' hard labor in May for attempting to topple the government through "state subversion," according to the state-run Central News Agency.

In January, Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt and Bill Richardson, a former U.S. ambassador to the U.N., traveled to North Korea in an unsuccessful effort to persuade authorities to release Bae.

*A man truly blessed by The Lord…

So, this guy is deluded. Nowhere in the Bible does it mention unifying Korea. In fact, so confident am I that if you can find the word “Korea” in the text of the Bible, I will donate $100 to Glen Beck.

More than this, he is causing nothing but trouble. Two people have already spent time and money trying to persuade the North Koreans that this man is a harmless idiot. I am sure that the godless North Koreans simply cannot grasp the idea of being “Led by the nose Lord.” And, on this occasion, they are quite right.

But of all the things that irritate me, and here I prophesy, if ever he gets released, this deluded, irresponsible, self-obsessed piece of shit will completely fail to recognise the effort that has gone into his release and give all the credit to God for his release and describe his detention as persecution that Jesus had him suffer to test his faith, which will now be strengthened.

Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
Re: Missionary Position in N. Korea
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:17:31 AM »
... and become a spokesman for Weight Watchers
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 12:31:01 PM »
He intentionally placed himself in a precarious situation. He was perfectly aware of how the NKs operate, yet he preached unification on their home turf.  The word IDIOT works here.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »
I'm sure this numbskull could ask his god to help out. Why not ask for an earthquake to open the prison doors so he can walk out? (Whoops, hang on, god tried that one already with Paul!)

Well, with all those un-cured illnesses maybe he is heading to a final reunion with his god and will like for ever in heaven.... What, people here don't believe that? I wonder if he really believes it...
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +186/-8
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
The missionary being held may have a playmate soon.

You know reading about North Korea here got me thinking.  They put people in jail and some are there forever and their family for3 or 4 generations for what one person did earlier.  You can be born in prison and die there.  Ask any American and they will say that is barbaric.  Yet isn't that what God is doing but on a much bigger scale?  Eve decided to eat the apple and every generation since has had to pay for it with original sin.

What would have happened if Eve had said "No".  Would the 2 have been alone among themselves forever?

Sorry, got off on a rant.  Must be my original sin popping up.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »
^^^ There's a funny nonstampcollector video along those lines where god originally creates the world without the "bad tree," and A&E go along happily, pumping out kids and the earth if FILLED with never dying, happy, naked people.  God basically, says "This is so boring" and starts a do over with the tree.
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +186/-8
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »
I thought Dennis Rodman was our go to guy for dealing with Little Kim?  He is probably not very happy with the West as of late.  He blames us for him not being able to complete his ski lodge/facilities for the upper level of society there (prob a small #) .
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!