Author Topic: Hey, the site has been updated.  (Read 160 times)

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +50/-0
Hey, the site has been updated.
« on: October 03, 2014, 07:30:18 PM »
So, don't want to bring up another "what's the future of the forum" thread, but has anyone else noticed that the site has been updated? Perhaps by Brain himself. It looks like he has a book coming out. It's onAmazon.com and is due out in January.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Hey, the site has been updated.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 08:45:21 PM »
What I learned from that link is, I was logged into my account. Which is weird because I haven't been there in 2 years. Of course, they own imdb.com and I am always logged in there. I guess they're linked up.

Maybe he should promote his book here.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 07:01:03 AM »
So, he has formally/publicly tied his name, book and new domain http://howgodworks.com/  to WWGHA.

Funny how there are no references back to WWGHA at the other locations, only a forward reference from WWGHA to his new book. He even has implemented Reddit to the Q&A: http://www.reddit.com/r/HowGodWorks

I advocated that we move to Reddit a while back because he has not been interested in maintaining this forum for the past 5 years. His new domain contains an even crappier forum feature, which I am not sure why it's there since he has a Reddit link.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:07:28 AM by Chronos »
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 08:39:14 AM »
Was he on Overtime on HBO last night?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 03:41:26 PM »
I foresee that Marshall will share the profits from the book on a percent by post numbers basis with us all and we will be able to live well for the rest of our lives. You heard it here first.

Has anyone seen my meds...?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »
Your meds are being sold to promote his book.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 11:03:05 AM »
Mr. Brain is just promoting his book.  Which is fine for him money-wise, and hopefully fine for all of us theists-attacking-non-theists-wise or theists attacking each other and ruining life for us all.  I wish he would have made the forum link easier to see on the front page.  It would be interesting to see if he uses forum material in the book.  Hell, maybe Brain IS Parking Places (yeah, Montana my foot :)), Nogods, Adzgari, Graybeard, Screwtape, Kcrady, etc, so everything will be in the book. He may even be the hard-to-pin-down Mooby and OldChurchGuy. :)  Quite a conspiracy, Mr. Brain, but I am on to your little "atheist" game.  8)
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »
The one who smelt it, dealt it[1].

-Nam
 1. meaning, he could be you

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »
Hell, maybe Brain IS Parking Places (yeah, Montana my foot :)), Nogods, Adzgari, Graybeard, Screwtape, Kcrady, etc, so everything will be in the book. He may even be the hard-to-pin-down Mooby and OldChurchGuy. :)  Quite a conspiracy, Mr. Brain, but I am on to your little "atheist" game.  8)

Amusing, though I hope you're wrong and this place isn't that much of an echo chamber.  :'(
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Online eh!

• Reader
  • Darwins +62/-32
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »
I will wait for his profile to increase (or decrease depending on perspective) with theists, when he is maximally known and hated by all theists will be precisely the moment,  orchestrated by the publishing company, to release his already long ago written conversion story. in fact the conversion story was written well before the original site was written....at about the same time he launched a key Christian forum under a different name, brilliant I say, brilliant.

the conversion story book will be his best seller yet (found in the fiction genre), he is a very naughty man, brilliant but naughty.

what will the post conversion story web-site be called then, the marketing team is still workshopping that one.

insert maniacal laughing that goes on just a bit too long for comfort.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 04:08:29 PM by eh! »
Signature goes here...

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +678/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »
So, don't want to bring up another "what's the future of the forum" thread, but has anyone else noticed that the site has been updated?

No, I haven't noticed.  What specifically has been updated?  Can you provide links?

Perhaps by Brain himself.

He's the one with the password...

It looks like he has a book coming out. It's onAmazon.com and is due out in January.

Very nice.  That should boost membership here.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.