Author Topic: God mad tonight.  (Read 62 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +246/-8
God mad tonight.
« on: June 11, 2015, 09:28:18 PM »
Wow, where I live we just got 5 inches of rain in like an hour and a half, large hail, and a tornado near but not in town.  Another round is possible later tonight.  I know it is all my fault for being an atheist.  Are any of the rest of you experiencing anything strange?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +481/-118
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
Re: God mad tonight.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 09:42:15 PM »
Nope. Usual tornadoes, hurricanes, lightning/thunderstorms, high winds, rain with no clouds, lightning with no clouds, lightning jumpers, funnel clouds, floods on occasion etc., where I live.

And that was just yesterday.

;)

-Nam
Things I've said here:

I only have a filter for people who do not consistently beg to be belittled, ridiculed, insulted, and demeaned.

I may believe people, as a whole, should be treated fairly but I also believe those same people are idiots.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +107/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »
Shouldn't tempt the fates, but here in Ca. we are drying out and up. I, my family and a lot of our neighbors would be pathetically grateful for that much rain this year.

Had a very brief spate of thundershowers the other day, and some glorious cumulonimbus towers yesterday that just passed by to the east. Otherwise sunny, warm and dry, dry, dry. No weirdness in sight, though of course the San Andreas could turn over in its sleep anytime.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +1020/-6
  • I'm very stoic, except when there is an easier way
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:37:04 PM »
Though we're not as dry as Wright in CA, it is nonetheless pretty frickin' dry here in Montana, if you don't count the free refreshments every Sunday morning at the local Catholic Church. (And communion wafers is people, too!)

Fires are inevitable, but at least I'll have a better idea of what it'll be like when I get to hell. I'm not too worried about the heat, but the smoke probably sucks big time. As it will here this summer, even if we don't personally turn to charcoal in my little town.
It isn't true that non-existent gods can't do anything. For instance, they were able to make me into an atheist.

Offline Merlin

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +26/-1
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 06:31:45 AM »
Yesterday we hit 90 degrees for the first time this year.  A nice thunderstorm came by, but passed just north of the city, so no rain.

It would seem that a god with any power could balance things out better than this...
"True Christians(tm) do not say [insert christian profanity here]." - Merlin