Author Topic: God finally answers a prayer!  (Read 53 times)

Offline mrbiscoop

• Reader
  • Darwins +38/-3
  • Faith is not a virtue!
So you're gonna go out there, drink your drink, say "Goodnight, I've had a very lovely evening", go home, jerk off. And that's all you're gonna do.
     -Vincent Vega

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +30/-11
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: God finally answers a prayer!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:55:14 PM »
at least the kid had options...
Fuck the Bible, you can't even eat in it.

First I told my imaginary friend about Jesus, then I told Jesus about my imaginary friend.

Sorry Allah, I pee with both hands.

If you are going to be a dick do it in a timely manner, ok?

Offline jdawg70

• Fellow
  • Darwins +794/-9
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 07:20:12 PM »
http://www.theonion.com/article/god-answers-prayers-of-paralyzed-little-boy-475

As hilarious as this is, it does bring up the fundamental problem that I have with the typical theist response to why god does not answer prayers.

That response being "sometimes the answer is no."

Well, theist, that's not actually the case, now is it?  Not from my perspective at least.  I guess I just have a hard time figuring out how to get some theists to understand the difference between 'no response' and 'responding with no', ifn there actually is a misunderstanding there.  For the life of me I cannot ever get to the point in a conversation where this gets clarified; wherein I am confident that the theist I am speaking to who makes such a proclamation really understands the difference between 'no response' and 'responding with no'.

It's annoying to be completely honest.  Every time I've brought it up in this forum (which, admittedly, hasn't been all that often), the theist just disappears from the conversation.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline frogkids35

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +20/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »
Gah, I started reading that article and actually thought it was a real news article and was about to throw up. I have now familiarized myself with the Onion. Lovely. Thank you.  &)

Offline none

• Fellow
  • Darwins +30/-11
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
nvm...
Fuck the Bible, you can't even eat in it.

First I told my imaginary friend about Jesus, then I told Jesus about my imaginary friend.

Sorry Allah, I pee with both hands.

If you are going to be a dick do it in a timely manner, ok?