Author Topic: The Trump Team  (Read 786 times)

Offline nogodsforme

• Laureate
  • Darwins +1826/-9
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Re: The Trump Team
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2016, 02:35:57 PM »
Someone on daily kos coined the phrase, Deadbeat Donald and The Art of the Steal.  8)
If you have god, why do you need the gun?

Prayer is begging god to change his mind.

Offline natlegend

• Fellow
  • Darwins +164/-3
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 03:25:16 PM »
I may live in Australia but Trump still scares me. His (distinct lack of) foreign policy is terrifying.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"Ray, when someone asks you, if you're a god, you say YES!!"

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1013/-25
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 03:29:40 PM »
I get the feeling that a lot of Republicans (at least, Republican politicians) wouldn't shed tears if Trump ended up losing to Clinton.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +618/-131
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 05:25:50 PM »
I get the feeling that a lot of Republicans (at least, Republican politicians) wouldn't shed tears if Trump ended up losing to Clinton.

I bet publically they'll say they'll vote for him (like Ryan) but come election time, they'll vote Clinton.

-Nam
"presumptions are the bitch of all assumptions" -- me

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1076/-36
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 08:36:03 AM »
On Donnie's business dealings
http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2016/06/tales-of-trump-my-father-turned-him.html

My father actually turned Donald Trump down for a loan. Really. He told him to his face that Trump Enterprises didn't meet the bank's standards for creditworthiness. My father also broke a longstanding personal rule about never speaking ill of anyone he's done business with, for Trump. He told my mother that Donald Trump had 'the WORST business ethics of any businessman I've ever encountered in my entire professional career.' That was saying something.

"I was not there (of course) and didn't witness it personally, but my mother has told me about it, and it's the main reason why she cannot vote for Trump. He asked my father, 'Whose standards are those?'

"My dad replied, 'Since I'm the VP of the real estate development loans department, they are my standards.' Donald Trump then 'threatened' to take his case to the board of directors. My father told him to have at it, the board would side with him. The board sided with my father."
What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline shnozzola

• Fellow
  • Darwins +188/-2
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2016, 08:42:27 AM »
It really seems, unless Hillary has some sort of seizure, we are in for 5 months of ooo, ahhhh, it's soooo close, and ooo the FBI, and then Hillary will be president.
We have guided missiles and misguided men.  ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1076/-36
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2016, 08:57:19 AM »
http://bigfishink.com/?p=5909
At various times, Donald Trump has claimed to be worth anywhere from $2 billion to $6 billion but don’t believe it — he’s the perfect example of the quote by wealthy oilman J. Paul Getty, “If you owe the bank $100 that’s your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that’s the bank’s problem.” As David Cay Johnston points out, it’s immaterial what Trump says he’s worth if he owes more than his assets, and he always owes more than his assets,
In fact, most of Trump’s ‘assets’ have lost money, and he’s had businesses, buildings, yachts and homes confiscated in bankruptcy judgments, but thanks to our goggle-eyed celebrity ‘journalism,’ most of America laughably thinks he’s a success in business.  (A perfect modern Republican.)  As a prefers-to-remain-anonymous Wall Street insider once said of the man who has referred to himself as ‘The Donald,’ “In any well-run corporation where you wanted to turn a profit, the first person you’d fire would be Trump.”

From the ultra right wing National Review in February:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430628/donald-trump-business-record-bully
And how many know that Donald J. Trump’s vaunted “business” career is marked less by innovative, hard-charging business acumen, and more by good old-fashioned bullying? As one might expect, Trump claims to represent the interests of the blue-collar citizenry of this country. But his business record reveals a man with a penchant for persecuting the little man — or even the little old lady:

It goes on to talk about the Trump University scam.

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1013/-25
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »
So, in short, the way Trump has been acting in the campaign is pretty much par for the course - it's just that previously, he was perceived to be powerful enough that he could shut his detractors up.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +239/-7
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2016, 02:00:59 PM »
and McConnell as well as that dickhead Ryan, will vote for Trump anyway.
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2016, 08:51:17 PM »

I think they think they can control him (to some degree) or get the appointments they want, especially the SCOTUS. 

But they will never control his mouth or his will to go after anyone who pisses him off, can you say Putin?  Or an alliance who he feels betrayed him???? Way too many concerns with how Trump will handle the power. He has a concrete track record for going after people who are in his way or not doing what Donald wants them to do. Be interesting how he handles/uses the military/CIA/FBI/NSA/etc....
The Greatest Story Ever Told Was So Wrong

Been Two thousand Years and He Ain't Shown Yet,

We Kept His Seat Warm and The Table Set.

The Greatest Story Ever Told Was so Wrong, So Wrong.

Offline nogodsforme

• Laureate
  • Darwins +1826/-9
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2016, 09:18:48 PM »
He is also known for breaking his word, stabbing supposed friends or allies in the back, and failing to uphold contracts he has signed with other businesses. So much for any treaties or agreements the US is beholden to by law. His business dealings are erratic at best.

He might just decide to deny block grant funds if he does not like the city that got the money, to devalue the dollar to eff with China, or not pay veterans benefits if they are "losers" who got captured and tortured.... :?

Maybe he will behave like Kim Jung Il and not allow people he thinks are unattractive (like pregnant women or handicapped folks) to appear in public in DC. Hell, we could have our first Mugabe-like crazy leader who will completely destroy the economy! Refugees flee the US as NATO teams with China to invade us. &)

If he has a congress that also does not care about the country or the world, as we appear to have now, they will let him get away with it. Someone wrote that the US will become his "trophy country" that he will ruin and then abandon when he gets tired of it. Like a third world dictator, he will take a bunch of money and flee to some nice accepting country with no extradition treaty. :(

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +1172/-6
  • This space for rent
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2016, 09:35:41 PM »
Maybe he will behave like Kim Jung Il and not allow people he thinks are unattractive (like pregnant women or handicapped folks) to appear in public in DC. Hell, we could have our first Mugabe-like crazy leader who will completely destroy the economy! Refugees flee the US as NATO teams with China to invade us. &)

As was the case in the Soviet Union, The Donald probably wants that wall to keep us in. Obviously he'll want a second one to the north. And big ones on both coasts.
What I lack in sophistication I make up for with other shortcomings.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +618/-131
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2016, 10:27:38 PM »

As was the case in the Soviet Union, The Donald probably wants that wall to keep us in. Obviously he'll want a second one to the north. And big ones on both coasts.

Well, maybe the West Coast. Asians are the top US immigrants not Hispanic/Latino like most white morons believe.

-Nam

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +400/-86
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2016, 11:09:27 PM »
Those quotes re trump business success are not hard data. Surely this is easy to verify someone's wealth??
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1076/-36
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2016, 11:32:11 PM »

When Ryan endorsed Donnie, sort of, he said, Donnie may be awful, but he'd pass more repub legislation. My question is, just how horrible does a person have to be for Ryan to forgo republican legislation for the sake of the nation? For fucks sakes, here is a guy who obviously should have as little power as possible, for the sakes of the rest of us, and fuckhead Ryan endorses him because he thinks he'll get more of what he wants that way. 

Because, and I'm about to go all Godwin here, let's face it, Hitler would pass more republican legislation than Hillary.  Would Ryan endorse Hitler for president?  My guess is, he probably would.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +239/-7
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2016, 08:29:02 AM »
When Ryan endorsed Donnie, sort of, he said, Donnie may be awful, but he'd pass more repub legislation. My question is, just how horrible does a person have to be for Ryan to forgo republican legislation for the sake of the nation? For fucks sakes, here is a guy who obviously should have as little power as possible, for the sakes of the rest of us, and fuckhead Ryan endorses him because he thinks he'll get more of what he wants that way. 

Because, and I'm about to go all Godwin here, let's face it, Hitler would pass more republican legislation than Hillary.  Would Ryan endorse Hitler for president?  My guess is, he probably would.

exactly.   I have found the whine about "godwin" to be only offered by those who realize that comparing someone to Nazis/hitler is effective and accurate and they don't want such comparisons made. 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline nogodsforme

• Laureate
  • Darwins +1826/-9
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2016, 10:40:21 AM »

Well, maybe the West Coast. Asians are the top US immigrants not Hispanic/Latino like most white morons believe.

-Nam

This is true. I attended a presentation on this recently. There are millions of immigrants from the Philippines, Thailand, and other Asian countries here, mostly legally, but some undocumented--came here legitimately and overstayed their visas. They are exploited by people, usually of their own nationality, to work in hotels, restaurants, nursing homes, etc.

No wall will prevent that, since they come here legally, with documents, on planes, not on foot or hidden in the back of a truck as imagined by Trump supporters. The states where their population is growing the fastest are not mainly coastal or border states. Montana, North Carolina, Nevada, tourist places where the low wage service jobs are.

Just plain fact-free ignorance and racism, the way Mexicans are targeted as the source of America's problems. It is so much like Germany 1930.

Offline jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1013/-25
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2016, 10:47:50 AM »
I still think Cruz would have been worse, and I think the nation will survive Trump...but that doesn't mean I don't think he'd be the worst president ever if he actually was elected.  The more I learn about him, the more convinced I am that he needs to be kept as far away from the levers of government power as possible.

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Laureate
  • Darwins +1076/-36
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2016, 11:28:11 AM »
I still think Cruz would have been worse,

Could be.  Frankly, I think this last crop of repubs were equally horrid.  They all vowed to vote for or implement the exact same horrid policies. Cruz was just one of the most personally repugnant packages for those policies. 

Offline natlegend

• Fellow
  • Darwins +164/-3
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2016, 05:50:50 PM »
I'm starting to believe the conspiracy that Trump is a Clinton plant...
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"Ray, when someone asks you, if you're a god, you say YES!!"

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2016, 09:15:01 PM »
I still think Cruz would have been worse, and I think the nation will survive Trump...but that doesn't mean I don't think he'd be the worst president ever if he actually was elected.  The more I learn about him, the more convinced I am that he needs to be kept as far away from the levers of government power as possible.

I probably would have hated him worse if made the ticket.

Scary shit.........

Still I see trump as a psychopathic meglomaniac. If Putin pissed him off he"d give very lttle thought about the consequences before he pushed the button and nuked Moscow.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:20:03 PM by stuffin »
The Greatest Story Ever Told Was So Wrong

Been Two thousand Years and He Ain't Shown Yet,

We Kept His Seat Warm and The Table Set.

The Greatest Story Ever Told Was so Wrong, So Wrong.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +618/-131
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2016, 12:20:09 PM »
Obama, on the news, just (basically) called Trump a hateful bigot who's stupid. Got to read between the lines, though.

-Nam