Author Topic: Gas Prices.  (Read 55 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +183/-8
Gas Prices.
« on: September 29, 2014, 04:06:33 PM »
Saw gas today in my area...$2.99.  1st time under 3 bucks in a long time.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +756/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Gas Prices.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 04:44:23 PM »

Could you please come live next door to me so my gas prices can go down too? Otherwise it ain't gonna happen. $3.48 here right now. For some reason gas prices go down slower here than other places, though they usually eventually get close to the lowest in the country.

Anyone who is interested can find gas prices nationwide here: http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
...So what exactly is the issue? The most expensive type of gas where I live is almost €2 per liter (about 9.61 USD per gallon), whereas the cheapest is over €1.4/L (about 6.73 USD per gallon). The price you describe is the price of the cheapest automobile fuel we have - natural gas.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:51:51 PM by One Above All »
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +527/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »
   Today's UK fuel prices in $/US gallon      

.............................Avg......Min......Max
Unleaded...............7.96......7.69......8.81
Diesel....................8.21......7.89......9.37
Super Unleaded......8.49......8.01......9.86
Premium Diesel.......8.94......8.38......10.17
LG........................4.24......3.94......4.74

Need I say anything?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 06:01:03 PM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +756/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »
Our usual excuse is that we drive a lot more in this country, because it is so much bigger. In actual fact, we just think we're special and shouldn't have to pay too much for the stuff. There are still too many of us who remember how cheap gasoline used to be, and we're still spoiled.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:58:30 PM »
Oh you Europeans!  Frack, Jack.   May kill us over the short long run, but saving money when driving is more important than life itself.  :o

edit: spelling
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:02:28 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 07:37:11 PM »
Saw gas today in my area...$2.99.  1st time under 3 bucks in a long time.

It takes the edge off the gas bill when you're cruising for hookers.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +312/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 01:03:12 AM »
A couple of days ago I saw at a local Chevron it was $3.29.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +312/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 01:08:00 AM »
Our usual excuse is that we drive a lot more in this country, because it is so much bigger. In actual fact, we just think we're special and shouldn't have to pay too much for the stuff. There are still too many of us who remember how cheap gasoline used to be, and we're still spoiled.

I remember when I had my first car in 1997, it was 98¢ a gallon at the Racetrac. It was $1.01 everywhere else. My mom told me she could remember when it was about 50¢ and my grandfather said, "I remember when you could get it from a heifer's tits!". lol!

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey