Author Topic: The Bible is true!!!  (Read 287 times)

Offline This Is Me

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Merry-go-rounds make me too dizzy
The Bible is true!!!
« on: September 06, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »
One thing I have been determined to do, is truly know myself. I broke down every wall and every barrier to clear my mind and hear what voices speak to me then. I share this with you brilliant minds because I want you to see what you think for your self.

The concept of this will be very simple, as I am only standing on the shoulders of giants to only see further . ( Issac Newton)

Everybody on this Earth has found pieces to this puzzle. Scientists, Psychologists, Priests, Christians, Muslims, Native American...ect The single link that is missing is only the truth.

I have always heard the bible is the manual of life, even though it has never been proven before. If we tell the same EXACT story, only changing the names and adding a Narrator, you will see the same thing I do.

Keep in mind the movie "The Never Ending Story" for reference of how the Narrator is pulling you into the book.

Name Changes:
God.....        Universe                 Satan..the evil with oneself      You...your mind
Holy Spirit..   Mother Nature        Ghost... misconceptions            Conscience...good and bad thoughts
Jesus.........  Truth                     Satan....lies                             You...however you let your mind wander

The Mayans come up with something great, The calendar that shows we have 7 days
This planet and universe puts me in awe everyday. Its not that I want to live forever, just long enough to learn everything =)  ~This is me

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Re: The Bible is true!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 07:47:56 PM »
   If you actually hear voices in your head you might want to consult a psychiatrist. Isaac Newton, as brilliant as he was, also believed in alchemy and was a Christian.
   The "brilliant minds" reference is kind of insulting don't you think? Also I prefer pieces to the puzzle that are provable. I think if you changed enough words in the bible you could end up with Chemistry, Biology, and Physics textbooks. In that sense I agree with you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:53:14 PM by mrbiscoop »
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 08:23:02 PM »
It's a bit difficult to follow your train of thought here, TIM. I truly mean no disrespect, but were you high when you wrote this? You seem to be skipping between multiple subjects.

One thing I have been determined to do, is truly know myself. I broke down every wall and every barrier to clear my mind and hear what voices speak to me then. I share this with you brilliant minds because I want you to see what you think for your self.

I certainly wouldn't characterize my mind as "brilliant". Appreciate the compliment, though.

The concept of this will be very simple, as I am only standing on the shoulders of giants to only see further . ( Issac Newton)

Everybody on this Earth has found pieces to this puzzle. Scientists, Psychologists, Priests, Christians, Muslims, Native American...ect The single link that is missing is only the truth.

I have always heard the bible is the manual of life, even though it has never been proven before. If we tell the same EXACT story, only changing the names and adding a Narrator, you will see the same thing I do.

Manual of life in what way, exactly? The bible at best contains some myths and folk wisdom common to many cultures, some of which predate it and almost certainly inspired it. And human psychology / behavior / religion clearly shows that people will very often disagree over the same event / story / rugby game.

Keep in mind the movie "The Never Ending Story" for reference of how the Narrator is pulling you into the book.

Name Changes:
God.....        Universe                 Satan..the evil with oneself      You...your mind
Holy Spirit..   Mother Nature        Ghost... misconceptions            Conscience...good and bad thoughts
Jesus.........  Truth                     Satan....lies                             You...however you let your mind wander

The Mayans come up with something great, The calendar that shows we have 7 days

An awful lot of Christians, Muslims and Jews would disagree with you about your associations up there. Some of them would want to kill you.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 08:37:17 PM »
TIM... have you recently been painting a small room with no windows open or perhaps sampling random mushrooms from the forest?

Sorry... I read thissveral times and I cannot follow what you were talking about in the least...

If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 09:03:56 PM »
TiM, you spelled Isaac Newton wrong, that was really uncalled for!

I tried changing the names for the story:

"The Universe got Mary pregnant with Truth. People had misconceptions about Truth and nailed him to a cross, Truth stayed dead for 3 days, decided to live again, returned to Universe with a promise that he will be back. Truth lied"

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 09:38:51 PM »
I have always heard the bible is the manual of life, even though it has never been proven before.
Just read the damn book. Cover to cover :laugh:
It contains some pretty strange instructions. Some examples: putting the blood of sacrificed animals behind your right ear and on the big toe of your right foot, or drinking poison, or hating your family, or shunning dwarfs and people with injured testicles.  It's quite daft.

As for the name changes - I see you've made an attempt to substitute them with vaguely recognisable continuity of characteristics. But looking closely their similarities fall apart:
God.....        Universe
I can't imagine the Universe ordering the killing of firstborns, including it's own, and holding that up as the ultimate example of love.
Holy Spirit..   Mother Nature
For me, the best thing about Mother Nature is that it's always there - easy to find.  In contrast the Spook is regularly absent - especially when needed.  Well it was definitely absent when I went looking. It was also on a long vacation out of telepathy range when lightning conductor rods were first invented - because church leaders refused to put them on bell towers even though hundreds of bell ringers were being zapped every year.

To me it looks like you're trying to deliberately morph biblical ideas into something more palatable - so you can continue to cling to them.  If you want to escape the absurdity of the Bible, why not just write an entirely new fiction with no continuity of biblical ideas?  Thousands of authors write marvellous books with fresh ideas every year.  Why must it be rooted in the bizarre fiction of the past?
Git mit uns

Offline This Is Me

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Merry-go-rounds make me too dizzy
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 10:19:32 PM »
Pardon my imagination. Of course I am not literally claiming this. We are open to own imagination, once we clear the junk out.  I would not expect you to believe this. Your own imagination is your own thoughts. Offending anyone was not my intentions, I apologize if that is the case.
This planet and universe puts me in awe everyday. Its not that I want to live forever, just long enough to learn everything =)  ~This is me

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +80/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
Pardon my imagination. Of course I am not literally claiming this. We are open to own imagination, once we clear the junk out.  I would not expect you to believe this. Your own imagination is your own thoughts. Offending anyone was not my intentions, I apologize if that is the case.

Speaking for myself, you didn't offend, but you weren't clear either. Your thoughts seem all over the place.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 11:08:21 PM »
We are open to own imagination, once we clear the junk out.  I would not expect you to believe this. Your own imagination is your own thoughts.
This is fine - though one should remain aware the new replacement content is also junk - just of your own making - no connection with the truth.
Imagination is a great thing - but putting these ideas under title of the thread "The Bible is true!!!" implies that one can derive some kind of truth from the biblical narrative as it is, and by morphing it through imagination.

I'm glad you don't expect me to believe it.  Who knows though, I might even enjoy reading it if well written.  But I would hope, your own good, that you also don't believe your own fiction just because it was inspired by the bible  :police:

Offending anyone was not my intentions, I apologize if that is the case.
Absolutely no offense taken.
Git mit uns

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 11:17:15 PM »
No offense taken. I just worried you might have hit your head while falling out of bed and should have sought medical attention... :)
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan