Author Topic: Pastafarian Wins Religious Liberty Battle To Wear Pasta Strainer on Head  (Read 445 times)

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +56/-0
  • IXNAY
His Noodliness finally gets the respect he deserves...

Lukas Novy says he’s a member of the “Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster,” a satirical faith which teaches that a creature composed of pasta and meatballs “created the world much as it exists today,” that pirates “were peaceful explorers and it was due to Christian misinformation that they have an image of outcast criminals today,” and that beer is good. In observance of this faith, Novy, a resident of the Czech Republic, insisted that he be allowed to wear a pasta sieve on his head while being photographed for an official government ID. And he succeeded...

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/08/02/2399191/pastafarian-man-wins-religious-liberty-battle-to-wear-a-pasta-sieve-on-his-government-id-card/

Ramen
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Not mentioned but also true is the fact that global warming is a result of the drop in the number of pirates.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
I hope he didn't display his meatballs...
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
I was just contemplating how intolerant I'm becoming towards religious tolerance ... then this  ;D
Git mit uns

Offline Ambassador Pony

• You keep what you kill.
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +71/-4
  • illuminatus
Ramen!
You believe evolution and there is no evidence for that. Where is the fossil record of a half man half ape. I've only ever heard about it in reading.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
That's just hilarious.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Next time someone asks me if my dreads make me a Rasta, I'll say, no, but they could make me a Pasta. :D
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.