Author Topic: The universe IS fine-tuned. For black holes, that is, not life.  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Ataraxia

• Graduate
  • Darwins +65/-0
  • "I am large, I contain multitudes."
Re: The universe IS fine-tuned. For black holes, that is, not life.
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »
It does highlight just how contradictory this argument is. Here we have God, the omnipotent being, being constrained by natural laws and unable to create a universe with life without sticking to set rules. However, here God pops up and manages to create life (in a universe which can only produce life by holding to the natural laws that have God by the short 'n curlies), while bypassing those natural laws that are just-so so that life can exist. :o :o :o
"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

Offline Devout Atheist

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
It does highlight just how contradictory this argument is. Here we have God, the omnipotent being, being constrained by natural laws and unable to create a universe with life without sticking to set rules. However, here God pops up and manages to create life (in a universe which can only produce life by holding to the natural laws that have God by the short 'n curlies), while bypassing those natural laws that are just-so so that life can exist. :o :o :o

It seems that God has built himself a circular argument that will increase in speed until he disappears into his own black hole..........and the thought will be forever imprinted in my mind of him being held to ransom by the natural laws of the universe by his short and curlies!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 03:36:24 PM by Devout Atheist »

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +72/-23
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2013, 12:14:31 AM »
The universe is almost entirely a vacuum, in which black holes, not life, thrive.

Maybe we just need to come to the realization that we are living in a black hole and black holes are fine tuned to life.
"People want to get whatever they want to get. Do I care? No, I don't care. People need certain things" - Senator Leland Yee (D) California