Author Topic: RationalWiki:Fundraiser  (Read 87 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +265/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
RationalWiki:Fundraiser
« on: August 07, 2013, 04:59:22 PM »
Quote from: RationalWiki
This is our 2013 summer fundraiser.

Our server costs are higher than last year — this is a good thing! More people are reading and loving RationalWiki than ever before. But this means our server costs are also higher than last year, so our money doesn't stretch as far as it used to.

We're also doing more. We need accounting software, and that ain't cheap. We'd like a good mobile version of RationalWiki, and that may mean paying someone to make it. We'd like a lawyer, for smart, qualified advice.

These are problems, but they're good problems. They're a sign we're taking the next steps in ensuring the continued survival of the RationalMedia Foundation and its projects — including RationalWiki. But we need your help taking them. We need your continued commitment and your generosity.

Our goal is $3,000 in donations for this summer. This should be enough to last us through the end of the year. It will pay for server costs, software, and some other things we need.

I ask for your generosity (and by generosity, I don't just mean "oodles of money"). I and the rest of the Foundation are deeply appreciative of those of you who can afford to give more, but we're also grateful for even small amounts. $20, $10, $3.14, even $1, are all meaningful donations. We're grateful for whatever you can give.

Sincerely,

Jacob (aka Stabby the Misanthrope)
Treasurer

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalWiki:Fundraiser
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.