Author Topic: Update - Wolf Blitzer's Atheist friend from Oklahoma Tornado... Very Cool News  (Read 353 times)

Offline neopagan

• Reader
  • Darwins +86/-3
Looks like Rebecca Vitsmun of Moore has been the recipient of an outpouring of "love" from the atheist community after Wolf Blitzer publicly outed her on national TV.  She stood up to his wolfish ways and proclaimed she had no plans to "thank the Lord" after she and her wee lad had survived a direct hit to their home from the massive tornado that bitch-slapped Moore, OK...  As of the below article, she has received $122k in donations form the godless!!  Nice works, folks

http://newsok.com/good-without-a-god-faces-of-atheism-in-oklahoma/article/3859369
If xian hell really exists, the stench of the burning billions of us should be a constant, putrid reminder to the handful of heavenward xians how loving your god is.  - neopagan

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Nice to see good behaviour rewarded - a win for honesty  :)
Git mit uns

Online Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Just devil money.  What kind of happiness can that bring?

Also, what is the deal?  Atheists have no morals...right?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline William

• Fellow
  • Darwins +92/-2
Also, what is the deal?  Atheists have no morals...right?

In an awkward situation she found the honesty to say exactly what most "believers" dare not admit about themselves  ;)
I don't know anything about the rest of her morals - she could be the Devil's mistress for all I know ;D
Git mit uns

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
Well, almighty god saw fit to spare an atheist, while smiting a bunch of believers. And she got a bunch of money to rebuild. Either god has a strange sense of humor or..... &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Well, almighty god saw fit to spare an atheist, while smiting a bunch of believers. And she got a bunch of money to rebuild. Either god has a strange sense of humor or..... &)
Exactly what I was thinking...

God missed an opportunity to send one of us to hell, yet he killed his believers? Oh wait, they're in heaven so it's OK.   :angel:
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Online Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
I'm telling you...God need lasic eye surgery soon.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Schizoid

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • WWGHA Member
I've always found the explanation or lack thereof by believers for these natural disaster deaths, also known as Acts of God, to be particularly unenlightening.  So believers on one side of the road pray to god to be spared from the tornado's wrath (exactly how a force of nature can have "wrath" or "take aim", I'm not sure) while believers on the other side pray the same.  One set is killed while the other goes unscathed.  The survivors then thank their god for saving their lives while offering prayers for the dead believers on the other side of the road.  Usually the answer is "god knows best" or "he had other plans for them" or the ever popular "it's a mystery".

So, what's the deal here?  God didn't want to interfere with the tornado's free will?  I know that as a mere human being that if I were able to save people, yet chose to allow them to die, then I would be considered scum.  Yet somehow god exists in a "heads he wins, tails he wins" world.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +888/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
God is a total dictator. As many folks have told us on this site, he gave us life and therefore he has the right to take it away. Anytime, in any manner he pleases. If he chooses to give you a natural disaster or a fatal illness, tough. That's just the way he rolls.

So, hundreds of families are drowned or left homeless by floods in Afghanistan. The survivors should be glad it was not worse.  He can just up and kill you, your kids, your friends. If he chooses to let you live, you kiss his feet in gratitude. So there. And he is schizo as well, because the Jesus version of god is supposedly all love and peace.  :?

You'd have to be completely brainwashed into terrified submission to obey his commands. If he wants, he will torture or kill you anyway, whether you obey him or not.  It is like worshiping Stalin, Idi Amin or Kim Jung Il, praising them, calling them good and wonderful for letting you have a scrap of food, when they are committing atrocities every day. What possible reason is there to worship such a being? And how can anyone think that is moral behavior?  :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.