Author Topic: Can a Corporation impose religion on its employees?  (Read 800 times)

Offline El Guapo

• Freshman
  • Darwins +3/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Can a Corporation impose religion on its employees?
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:11:13 AM »
How would you feel if you worked for a company and were denied coverage for birth control because it conflicted with the religious values of its CEO? The SCOTUS will soon make its decision . . .

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2013/08/do_corporations_have_religious_beliefs_the_supreme_court_will_need_to_decide.html

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: Can a Corporation impose religion on its employees?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 03:19:19 PM »
That is why the single payer option would have been so much better.  Take health care away from businesses.

But in regard to the OP.  Yes, corporations control everything else that happens to us since they now control the gov so making us conform to their religions is just the next step.  Enjoy your corporate masters/Gods.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 10:36:43 PM »
That is why the single payer option would have been so much better.  Take health care away from businesses.
At first glance I read this as "single prayer option" and was wondering exactly WTF that had to do with health care.  ;D
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline freeatlast

• Freshman
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 04:40:28 PM »
I think that making sure to have a copy of the bible in each hotel room is a commonplace example of how corporations impose religion to their customers.

Why is that allowed again?  Anybody have any thoughts on that practice?

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 05:14:31 PM »
How would you feel if you worked for a company and were denied coverage for birth control because it conflicted with the religious values of its CEO? The SCOTUS will soon make its decision . . .

I'd probably just keep going to my local Health Department and continue to get them for free anyway.
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +76/-23
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 07:49:14 PM »
I think that making sure to have a copy of the bible in each hotel room is a commonplace example of how corporations impose religion to their customers.

It's been awhile since I've seen a Bible or Watchtower or anything religious in a hotel room. Maybe I'm just staying in all the right places?
I show affection for my pets by holding them against me and whispering, "I love you" repeatedly as they struggle to break free.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 08:30:41 PM »
I'll stay in a hotel room a few times a year and I'll always check to see if the Bibles are still there.  Anymore I see about 50/50, but maybe it's just where I visit.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +323/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 02:07:24 AM »

The only thought I have is why idiots like you necromance topics? Make a few worthwhile comments (that's 3, you moron) and then post a topic on the subject.

There's an idea.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.