Author Topic: God is More Likely than Luck  (Read 4716 times)

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +125/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
Re: God is More Likely than Luck
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2013, 12:15:27 AM »
No one deserves mockery.

1. And where was this mockery?

That was in response to this which I am too tired to quote by highlighting...
"This does not deserve respect; it deserves mockery,"
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline Cycle4Fun

• Reader
  • Darwins +2/-0
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2013, 08:05:07 AM »
You sound very intelligent here Median but there are flaws in your argument as well.  I should be well schooled in evolution by now participating on this forum with all the experts on the subject.  You buy right into it because you don't want there to be a God or a Creator.  I do.  So yes I will question what I know to be so about Evolution.  I don't have the time to take a biology class to learn this stuff nor the desire to do so.  I catch as much as I can on the Science channel and that's as far as I'm willing to go.  I am also very open to anything on the subject you wish to share.

If you want me to believe it I have to comprehend it.

Every version of evolution I have encountered says all life began in the ocean.  Decided to grow legs and eventually headed for land.  Is this true or false?  If true then my question about the process is very legitimate.

Yes I have a basic idea of the theory.  For me to just accept what other people say is exactly what you condemn people for on this sight.  Accepting things w/o asking questions.  I won't do that for religion and I won't do it for science.

You've shown very little interest in actually learning about the theory.  Your questions paint you as someone who hasn't done the least bit of research into the theory of evolution.  You are one step above asking why there aren't crockaducks or touting the shape of bananas as evidence of a creator.

Crocoduck: 
Banana:  [url=http://=http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Banana_fallacy

Here, let me Google that for you.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=evolution&l=1
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:42:07 AM by Cycle4Fun »
How do you define soul?
"A baseless assertion by simple-minded, superstitious individuals"
   -Starstuff

Offline xyzzy

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +48/-0
  • "Nothing happens"
    • xyzzy
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2013, 06:18:18 PM »
Oh, let's cut to the chase!

According to Einstein's famous equation, matter and energy are one. So the whole of the universe could be see as pure energy. So, June sees the whole of the universe as god and we are all parts of this god. Magnificent! I will, however, leave the shortened name ot others and carry on calling it 'the Universe'.

Well, if this god-thing is going to be defined as "pure energy", and if turns out that we do live in a zero-energy universe (or even close to that), can we then put this "gods exist" matter to bed, as a zero-energy god seems somewhat pointless? Although it's in accordance with what we observe. ;)

[/sarcasm]
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool -- Richard Feynman
You are in a maze of twisty little religions, all alike -- xyzzy

Offline junebug72

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-83
  • "Question Everything"
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »
I can't do this anymore.

Take care
Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.
Thomas Paine

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/t/thomas_paine.html#XXwlhVIMq06zWg2d.99

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:44 AM »
I can't do this anymore.

Take care

And you shouldn't, kiddo. This is the wrong place for you to be when you're facing so much right now.

While many of us here disagreed with you in many ways, none of us would ever wish you harm. And we don't now. You go take care of your health problems, help your partner, and let your friends be your friends. We are irrelevant.

Until you get all better. Then we'll welcome you back with open arms and disagree with you again. In the meantime, take care of yourself.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.