Author Topic: Killing in the name of Charlotte's Web?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
Re: Killing in the name of Charlotte's Web?
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »
Could it be debated that humans don't even have free will?

Ultimately we're just highly evolved apes...

Stuff like ads kind of detract from it further.

Stuff like 'should I have pancakes, or waffles?' then choosing one, not from free will, but because its the thing which comes to mind first.
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Foxy Freedom

• Fellow
  • Darwins +304/-14
  • Why is it so difficult to say you don't know?
    • Foxy Freedom on Doctor Who
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2016, 05:58:11 PM »
Could it be debated that humans don't even have free will?

Ultimately we're just highly evolved apes...

Stuff like ads kind of detract from it further.

Stuff like 'should I have pancakes, or waffles?' then choosing one, not from free will, but because its the thing which comes to mind first.

Free will is not an innate property, it is information relevant to a particular decision.

A cat has free will to catch one fish or another if it has information on where they are (by seeing them).

Humans can have free will about more decisions because humans can process more information.

Choosing pancakes or waffles is also about preference in addition to the information that you can get them. If you have no preference of liking one more than the other, you have a free choice. But your brain can make a random choice before you know it. If it is random it is free.

The minimum you need for free will is information. A god who does not provide sufficient information about itself and its nature cannot expect anyone to make a free choice of following it or not following it. There are so many sects and beliefs in Christianity that clearly the alleged god of the New Testament has not provided sufficient information for free will to act.

Skep has lost his free will because he is confused by his demons.
The Foxy Freedom antitheist website is http://the6antitheist6guide6.blogspot.co.uk

The 2nd edition of the free ebook Devil or Delusion ? The danger of Christianity to Democracy Freedom and Science.       http://t.co/2d1KcJ9V

Offline Mr. Blackwell

• Fellow
  • Darwins +250/-32
  • I find your lack of hate disturbing.
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »
Demons don't exist.

God's "will" is determined by the rich and powerful who have determined that we the people should not be free to make our own choices.

Their will is God's will and they will simply not allow us to exercise our own will. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:29:00 PM by Mr. Blackwell »
When I criticize political parties or candidates, I am not criticizing you. If I criticize you, there will be no doubt in your mind as to what I am saying.

Offline velkyn

• Laureate
  • Darwins +258/-9
  • You're wearing the juice, aren't you?"
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »
I understand the difference. I suppose I did not express my thoughts very well. I will try again.

If the atheists are always saying, "I don't believe in God," then they must be wrong. The proper statement should be "I don't believe that God exists." But, this is not my fault. This is how most atheists express themselves, with the former as opposed to the latter. So since there is a difference, it is not me that is using it wrong.

And the other point about "hating God:" If God did reveal Himself to you guys, the fact is that some of you guys would just plain hate Him. That is not me making up random nonsense. It's the truth.

So, Skep, since you want to claim that some athesits would hate god no matter what.   Now, this requires you to define your god that some of us would supposedly hate.  Is it the entity described in the bible, that commands all of the actions in the bible? 
"There is no use in arguing with a man who can multiply anything by the square root of minus 1" - Pirates of Venus, ERB

http://clubschadenfreude.wordpress.com/

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +98/-1
  • IXNAY
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2016, 08:14:12 PM »
Waffles please.
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2016, 08:53:13 PM »
Waffles please.

With, or without Maple Syrup? ;D

I'm quite the fan of pancakes, personally!
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline Backspace

• Reader
  • Darwins +98/-1
  • IXNAY
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2016, 02:17:31 PM »
With maple syrup, please.  :)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...
There is no opinion so absurd that a preacher could not express it.
-- Bernie Katz

Online jdawg70

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +963/-10
  • Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #152 on: September 16, 2016, 01:22:47 AM »
As it is rather unrelated to the OP, I have moved the discussion regarding physics to a new topic under Science:
http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,30157.0.html

Moderator-mode-jdawg70
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where god should have come up and said 'hello'. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you f**king turn up and say 'well done'."

- Eddie Izzard

http://deepaksducttape.wordpress.com/

Offline skeptic54768

• Fellow
  • Darwins +140/-649
  • Christianity is the most beautiful religion.
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2016, 12:21:36 AM »

First off, that's a strawman, how about you understand that people are individuals?

Now, I personally would hate him, unless he did some SERIOUS bloody errands for me, with his infinite power and all.

Personal universe would be a nice start, then work from there.

But most of the time, yes, people do 'hate' genocidal maniacs with the mentality of a pouting child.

You want a personal universe? That is the definition of narcissism! And you guys are constantly saying that religious people are narcissists.
Matthew 10:22 "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." - Jesus (said 2,000 years ago and still true today.)

Online jaimehlers

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +1036/-25
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2016, 12:57:09 AM »
I'm pretty sure Zeno was being facetious, skeptic...

So how about you respond to some of the more serious comments directed at you now?  You can start by replying to the rest of Zeno's post, rather than cherry-picking the latter third so you can call him names and make a demeaning comment about atheists on the forum in general.
Nullus In Verba, aka "Take nobody's word for it!"  If you can't show it, then you don't know it.