Author Topic: I'm a christian but I don't "X" (X being something the bible frowns on...)  (Read 132 times)

Offline ThatZenoGuy

• Reader
  • Darwins +94/-24
  • Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess
    • Spacebattles Account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pVKvm547Tc

Don'tcha love how religion can be twisted into anything?
Rule 1: No pooftas. Rule 2: No maltreating the theists, IF, anyone is watching. Rule 3: No pooftas. Rule 4: I do not want to see anyone NOT drinking after light out. Rule 5: No pooftas. Rule 6: There is NO...rule 6.

Offline YouCantHandleTheTruth

• Graduate
  • Darwins +82/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: I'm a christian but I don't "X" (X being something the bible frowns on...)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:48:19 AM »
Thanks for uploading! It must be a hilarious video, and looking forward to watching it.  Christianity can definitely be turned into anything - whatever suits your own needs.  I like what Matt Dillahunty says about "however many deists there are, that's how many Gods there are."  It does seem like everyone is there own God, and they never disagree with their God.

I have a Christian friend who goes with me to strip clubs on occasion.  I think they can be a lot of fun every so often, but just like everything else, you can't overdo it.  I'll go maybe every 4-5 months.  But I asked him how he justifies going to clubs and he never really gives much of an answer.  Sometimes he'll just say "I know the Bible was written by men and I don't put all my stock in one book."  But if you're a Christian....what else is there besides the Bible?  I don't get it - if you don't believe the Bible, or only parts of it, can you really be a Christian?  Doesn't it all stop and end with the Bible? 

I apologize in advance if this hijacks the whole point of your video.  It's just frustrating to see someone claim to be a Christian, yet be into strip clubs.  Not only that, but he's trying to hook up with one of the strippers.  Even as an atheist, I'm not doing that.  I enjoy the club for what it is, and leave it at that. 

It feels like Christianity is just another form of tribalism, which we're seeing on a daily basis in our lives in all areas.  A mob mentality kind of thing, where everyone joins the club just to fit in and feel like they make a difference.  In some ways, that's a great thing, like when charities form, or people help the homeless, the disadvantaged, the elderly, etc.  But in so many other ways, it's damaging and counter-productive.  Christianity may be a little bit of both.

Offline eh!

• Professor
  • Darwins +414/-89
  • jimmy hendrix is jesus
Re: I'm a christian but I don't "X" (X being something the bible frowns on...)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:12:14 PM »
I'm a xian... but I don't believe in god.
some skepisms,
1. "I have not seen God. I have felt the invisible presence"
2. What if there is a rock in the middle of a road, a blind person is speeding towards it, ...they say that they can't see it.   Would you recommend him to keep speeding?